TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Hollis

Comment

Originally posted by alex View Post
          What does the H stand for?
          All I know is that it's not the same as in Preparation H.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            And we own neither. lol
            But we can maybe buy them. If we all focused on that instead of buying gear and tickets to games.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
              But we can maybe buy them. If we all focused on that instead of buying gear and tickets to games.
              LOL. Totally doable.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

The LA stuff has turned into a big distraction, but I don't think that winning isn't important or that the coaching staff or players have mailed it in. The difference between winning and losing is so small that while we are 2-7, we could easily have won 3 or 4 of the games we lost. Now we didn't and we are what our record says we are, but aside from the first half of the Raider game, we are in every game. A couple of impact players and some health could very quickly turn this team around. The sheer amount of injuries we are having blows my mind. But sorry, concussions, guys getting their ankles rolled into, lacerated kidneys, and broken bones are not indications of not training professionally. They are bad luck - and we have more than any team I have seen the past year and a half. There has to be some big questions asked about the coaching staff, particularly our coordinators who I think are both in over their heads. And we'll see if McCoy loses the locker room - amazingly, they are still fighting despite all of the turmoil.

I don't know what the answer is short of firing the owner - but that won't happen.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I'm rapidly running out of fucks left to give.

We need some sort of Spanos sex tape or racism scandal to emerge so that they can be forcefully outed (a la Sterling of the Clippers) and a benevolent billionaire saves us from this misery.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    The LA stuff has turned into a big distraction, but I don't think that winning isn't important or that the coaching staff or players have mailed it in. The difference between winning and losing is so small that while we are 2-7, we could easily have won 3 or 4 of the games we lost. Now we didn't and we are what our record says we are, but aside from the first half of the Raider game, we are in every game. A couple of impact players and some health could very quickly turn this team around. The sheer amount of injuries we are having blows my mind. But sorry, concussions, guys getting their ankles rolled into, lacerated kidneys, and broken bones are not indications of not training professionally. They are bad luck - and we have more than any team I have seen the past year and a half. There has to be some big questions asked about the coaching staff, particularly our coordinators who I think are both in over their heads. And we'll see if McCoy loses the locker room - amazingly, they are still fighting despite all of the turmoil.

I don't know what the answer is short of firing the owner - but that won't happen.
                    Not exactly to your point but a team needs that homefield advantage at home and this team just isn't getting that this year because of Deano's actions. And I do think it affects players mentally when they're expecting the crowd on their side at home but instead they feel like they're playing 16 games on the road.

You're right in that a lot of the games have been close and I think without all this LA garbage going on, this team could have a few more wins. Of course, with all the injuries it wouldn't matter. The injuries would eventually catch up to them anyway.

It really speaks to how amazing Rivers is. He's surrounded by all this garbage and has no talent around him on both sides of the ball and he's still playing out of his mind, giving this team a chance in almost every game.

Comment

• RobH
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Tokyo, Japan
                      • University English Lecturer
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                      Not exactly to your point but a team needs that homefield advantage at home and this team just isn't getting that this year because of Deano's actions. And I do think it affects players mentally when they're expecting the crowd on their side at home but instead they feel like they're playing 16 games on the road.

You're right in that a lot of the games have been close and I think without all this LA garbage going on, this team could have a few more wins. Of course, with all the injuries it wouldn't matter. The injuries would eventually catch up to them anyway.

It really speaks to how amazing Rivers is. He's surrounded by all this garbage and has no talent around him on both sides of the ball and he's still playing out of his mind, giving this team a chance in almost every game.
                      I hear what you're saying about Rivers and I agree. But I think his frustration was really starting to show tonight. If the rumors are true that this team is out partying downtown all the time and not working as hard as they should to learn their plays, then I can really understand it. It has to be hard for him. I know he understands that injuries have really taken their toll, but when he's got guys not lining up correctly, running wrong routes and dropping passes everywhere, and getting manhandled by the guy on the opposite side, it has to take it out of him emotionally.

Comment

Honestly, I think if we draft #1 we ask Rivers if he would like to go elsewhere and work a trade for him for as many picks as we can get. Then pick a QB #1.

Id hate to see this, but I do not believe he will get a ring here. No reason to be selfish here, let him go at least try and win one while he can.

Comment

• Faded blues
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                          I hear what you're saying about Rivers and I agree. But I think his frustration was really starting to show tonight. If the rumors are true that this team is out partying downtown all the time and not working as hard as they should to learn their plays, then I can really understand it. It has to be hard for him. I know he understands that injuries have really taken their toll, but when he's got guys not lining up correctly, running wrong routes and dropping passes everywhere, and getting manhandled by the guy on the opposite side, it has to take it out of him emotionally.
                          If this is true, the coaches and tt should
                          Be fired.

Comment

Working...
                          X