Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    LOL. Uh, right.
    What? Maybe he's even related to Antonio Gates. You don't know!

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      The Chargers aren't the only ones going through relocation misery. The Rams and Raiders are in the same boat and are playing competitive football. Both have a 4-4 record and still maintain a home field advantage. Its the culture, from the Front Office down to the locker room. This team lacks identity, lacks leadership and lacks will. It all starts at the top, IMO, and until the Spani sell the team they will not win a Championship.

Honestly, what coaches and players would want to come play in this mess? I'm sure agents steer their clients away. Front Office personnel and coaches talk. In a word: Dysfunctional.
      Yep. The difference is that the Rams and Raiders don't have a gutless owner who hides behind his lawyer mouthpiece and sends him out to firebomb the city at every opportunity and that's creating all this negativity and animosity. Silent Stan may want to leave but at least he's not picking fights with local government and not saying anything. And Mark Davis is out there campaigning and talking to his fans.

There was uncertainty last season too but the difference was that last year Fabiani was keeping his mouth shut (for the most part).

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

I expect to see TT keep putting guys on IR to make it look like its just because of injuries that we are losing. And not the fact that the players we do have have either gotten worse under this staff or dont even have the basic skills to play.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          I expect to see TT keep putting guys on IR to make it look like its just because of injuries that we are losing. And not the fact that the players we do have have either gotten worse under this staff or dont even have the basic skills to play.
          I've soured on TT in a major way. And quickly.

We were 5-1 at one point last year. Since then we are 6-14? Or something similar. Fucking sad.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
            What? Maybe he's even related to Antonio Gates. You don't know!
            I sat next to Antonio Gates on a plane a few months ago. They don't look related.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              I've soured on TT in a major way. And quickly.

We were 5-1 at one point last year. Since then we are 6-14? Or something similar. Fucking sad.
              3 years. I give everyone thats new 3 years. Drafted players in the 3rd year should be producing. Not hurt all the time or just going sideways. I expect free agents to be better vetted and producing. Theres something thats broken and nobody seems to know how to identify it and fix it.

I think finishing games is a symptom of dedicated....well coached and a disciplined team. Good GMs have a sixth sense. They can predict the future in some cases. TT looks like hes throwing darts at a dart board and hoping to hit something. We also tend to get away from whats working in a game. Like last night why stop running the ball up 13 points? We are totally inconsistent. Look clueless. Like a ship without a keel. I remember when we used to run one play well. The power 50 and LT would run it 17 times in a game. Nobody could stop it. Blocking TE and a FB. Rivers under center. If you use a 1st on a RB you might want to make his transition a little easier by letting him run behind some familiar blocking assignments. Ive never seen a more confident player look so lost.

One instance that bothered me this spring is Fluker moving to OG and not having been asked to trim down. You dont put a guy that heavy at OG in a complex zone scheme. They should have foreseen him playing that position much earlier and then had him better prepared for it. Its like they said "Hey lets get Barksdale and just simply move Fluker inside and hope it works". At the last fucking minute no less.

Its the little details like that...that make me question how thorough we are in our decision making. There seems to be a lot of important stuff that other coaches and GMs do to be better prepared. You see Denver going out and stealing Mathis for 3 million. He would have been a good move for us.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

One instance that bothered me this spring is Fluker moving to OG and not having been asked to trim down. You dont put a guy that heavy at OG in a complex zone scheme. They should have foreseen him playing that position much earlier and then had him better prepared for it. Its like they said "Hey lets get Barksdale and just simply move Fluker inside and hope it works". At the last fucking minute no less.
                My recollection on this was the Fluker was not penciled in to play guard this year, he was going to be the RT. When Troutman got hurt, Fluker moved inside and Barksdale was given the RT spot.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  My recollection on this was the Fluker was not penciled in to play guard this year, he was going to be the RT. When Troutman got hurt, Fluker moved inside and Barksdale was given the RT spot.
                  Better off putting Barksdale at RG then. Hes lighter. More nimble. He was a 5 star DT recruit coming out o high school. If you can play DT you can play in tight spaces. Fluker wasnt prepared for OG. Not in a zone scheme imo.

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Better off putting Barksdale at RG then. Hes lighter. More nimble. He was a 5 star DT recruit coming out o high school. If you can play DT you can play in tight spaces. Fluker wasnt prepared for OG. Not in a zone scheme imo.
                    Fluker tackles well. Perhaps move him to NT.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

I'm not sure the zone scheme is the right scheme for our Oline. It seems with our personnel we'd be better suited to play a traditional power blocking system.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                        I'm not sure the zone scheme is the right scheme for our Oline. It seems with our personnel we'd be better suited to play a traditional power blocking system.
                        With our interior yes. Franklin has had success in the scheme though. But it starts at Center and whoever thought Watt would make a great Center missed on that one. Its a huge mistake to not be better protected at that position. Id like to have 2 stud centers. One who can also play OG but when needed at Center can handle it. Id also probably hire Hardwick as an OL coach. A true student of the game who got better every year because of he was a technician.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                          Fluker tackles well. Perhaps move him to NT.
                          I saw him lay on someone last night. I think Gordon tripped over him. Hes just too bug right now. Has no lateral agaility. He needs to drop 30 pounds. Id prefer we just move to a power scheme and add a FB and blocking TE.

Comment

Working...
                          X