• Show
Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

FLuker didn't seem to have any problem getting downfield on that TD to Gates
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      Fluker tackles well. Perhaps move him to NT.
      Or maybe WR. He got loose last night.

Comment

• homeless simpson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

anybody else notice how our plays out of shotgun are more or less the same before and during the play...but the bears were also playing out of the shotgun but had different looks?

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          anybody else notice how our plays out of shotgun are more or less the same before and during the play...but the bears were also playing out of the shotgun but had different looks?
          When you say "plays out of shotgun" you are differentiating them with what other formation?

Comment

• FiftyFive
            Dean Spanos is a traitor!
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

I care about this garbage franchise less and less by the year. It was one of the waning years of the Norv era that made me start to emotionally detached from this perpetually mediocre product. The only thing that will turn this apathetic pessimist into a proud and engaged fan again is new ownership.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Is this the new rock bottom that we've hit since 2003?

There were times when I felt utterly helpless during the end of Norv's run.....but reading some of the comments lately around here it seems like this may be a new low. From a W/L perspective, this team will almost certainly finish with the worst record this team has had since 2003, maybe even worse?

There is some talent on this team (not as much as rich thinks, IMO), but woefully lacking in the right areas. Coaching is abysmal across the board. I think the GM is part of the problem too, unfortunately. It all just stinks right now.

As far as injuries go - New England's OL is probably more ravaged than ours...I believe they had a TE playing RT as some point last week. But they manage to win. I'm not saying the expectation should be to have injured players and still go 8-0...but I think the injury excuse is a bit overplayed around here when GOOD coaching and GOOD backups can help alleviate some of that problem. We have neither.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

An elite player like Gronk hides alot of holes. The 2003 Chargers started turning it around when Gates finally made it into the lineup. But in the end the Patriots have a great head coach.

McCoy can evolve into a good head coach, but right now he's too rigid and detached.
                Last edited by KNSD; 11-11-2015, 06:50 AM.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

There were times when I felt utterly helpless during the end of Norv's run.....but reading some of the comments lately around here it seems like this may be a new low. From a W/L perspective, this team will almost certainly finish with the worst record this team has had since 2003, maybe even worse?

There is some talent on this team (not as much as rich thinks, IMO), but woefully lacking in the right areas. Coaching is abysmal across the board. I think the GM is part of the problem too, unfortunately. It all just stinks right now.

As far as injuries go - New England's OL is probably more ravaged than ours...I believe they had a TE playing RT as some point last week. But they manage to win. I'm not saying the expectation should be to have injured players and still go 8-0...but I think the injury excuse is a bit overplayed around here when GOOD coaching and GOOD backups can help alleviate some of that problem. We have neither.
                  As much as we bagged on Norv, I don't recall it being this bad during his tenure.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                    An elite player like Gronk hides alot of holes. The 2003 Chargers started turning it around when Gates finally made it into the lineup. But in the end the Patriots have a great head coach.

McCoy can evolve into a good head coach, but right now he's too rigid and detached.
                    McCoy is reminding me too much of Al Saunders - golden boy who started out great but fell from grace and was exposed as a pretender. At least McCoy didn't stab a legend in the back.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

NE has had a lot of injury problems on their line, but the rest of their lineup is also not ravaged like ours is. We had our LT, LG, C out. Our RG is hobbling all over the place (you could really see it at the game as he limped off the field after each series) should not even be playing. Our starting TE is gimpy and wouldn't be playing if not for all the other injuries. Our backup TE is out. Our #1 receiver is out and we lost our #2 WR during the game. Our #3 (Johnson) is also gimpy still. On defense we didn't have one of our starting DEs, 2 ILBs, our safety shouldn't be playing but gutted it out anyway. Our back safety and best ST player didn't suit up because of injury. We lost 2 CBs in the game. Add in several depth guys that were counted on to help on the dline and LB and you have an utter mess. NE does not have nearly this many issues with injuries.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

The losing doesn't really bother me. Sure it sucks but this team has gone through really bad seasons before but you always have next season to look forward to.

But ripping our team away from this city is what is so depressing and there's really no point in looking towards the future.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                          The losing doesn't really bother me. Sure it sucks but this team has gone through really bad seasons before but you always have next season to look forward to.

But ripping our team away from this city is what is so depressing and there's really no point in looking towards the future.
                          THIS is the difference.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X