Jaguars @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Meltdown (Week 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    If Payton turns his nose up on us we could also look to Vic Fangio. He seems to know this defense since he is the OG of this defense scheme.
    The dream would be to hire Payton as HC and Fangio as DC. If there was somebody to have Fangio come in as DC, I think Payton could do it. The other good thing with Payton as far as the draft. He knows how to evaluate players, especially the Oline.

Terron Armstead
    Eric McCoy
    Andrus Peat
    Caesar Ruiz
    Ryan Ramczyk

Tolesco has to go. He’s had 9 years of no division titles. PATHETIC!!!

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      I'm on vacation mode, idk if I even WANT to watch this replay.
      I want to out of obligation but am dreading it.
      from all accounts, it looks pretty straightforward
      We are vulnerable and cannot adjust to injuries.
      we make bad personnel decisions and depend on Herbert
      Much the same way we did his predecessor.

Got it.
      I’m like you, no matter how bad the game was, I have to watch it if I couldn’t watch it live.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• SK21209
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2020
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

The problem with Payton is he's still under contract with the Saints and he pretty clearly wants to go to Dallas if McCarthy is fired. As much as I'd like Payton as HC, I don't want to get into a bidding war with Jones to trade for him when we'll need all the draft equity we can get to build out the team when Herbert's extension comes down the pipe.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I’m starting to lose faith in Staley. With Bobby Ross and Marty, this team showed up and competed every game. With Staley, it seems like they disappear 1 game out of 4.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Moving on from TT might be the only realistic consolation prize at the end of this year.

It blows my mind he is still the GM after 10 seasons and only 2 playoff appearances, ZERO division titles. Especially in today's NFL, how does one keep their job for that long?

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              I’m starting to lose faith in Staley. With Bobby Ross and Marty, this team showed up and competed every game. With Staley, it seems like they disappear 1 game out of 4.
              Somebody on the Chargers reddit compared this blowout to a similar loss McCoy had in 2014 despite some early success he had (including a playoff win), and that it all went downhill from there and he lost the team. Said yesterday's loss had a similar vibe. We'll see, but I don't see a HC who is going to rally this team, especially with this many injuries. And for better or worse, he will get a pass for it.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Wow, just watched the replay......that was horrendous.
                We're not going to win many games if our offense gives up as many points as they score( we know our D isn't going to win us any games- they don't stop the run, can't tackle, and drop any pick that hits their hand).

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Moving on from TT might be the only realistic consolation prize at the end of this year.

It blows my mind he is still the GM after 10 seasons and only 2 playoff appearances, ZERO division titles. Especially in today's NFL, how does one keep their job for that long?
                  The fact he is still here does not bode well, and hasn't for the past 3 or 4 years.
                  But he who shall remain nameless has NEVER made the right choice and I don't expect him to now. Expect more of the same going forward.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

It certainly is a legitimate question.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

It appears the Chargers brass will just hire another dude with zero experience as a HC so why bother? I said before this season started that TT has brought in the right people to bolster this team. Good enough players to be real contenders and if we fail, it's on the coaching staff.I still feel that way. If this staff can't get wins with these players, they need to be replaced. But please, not with another guy that's never been a HC!
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Thoughts on Dan Quinn? I bet he will get another look before long. Forever haunted by 28-3 but a much more realistic option than Payton.

Also blowing a 28-3 Super Bowl lead is very Chargers-esque so he would fit in perfectly.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          It appears the Chargers brass will just hire another dude with zero experience as a HC so why bother? I said before this season started that TT has brought in the right people to bolster this team. Good enough players to be real contenders and if we fail, it's on the coaching staff.I still feel that way. If this staff can't get wins with these players, they need to be replaced. But please, not with another guy that's never been a HC!
                          Agree!

Comment

Working...
                          X