Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Spiller is still unproven, buried at #4 in depth chart...Sony has been up and down...Kelley has earned more touches, let's see what he can do...
    I’m guessing he can run but not up to snuff with protection.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Maybe TT’s latest draft needs some time. His 6th round pick is getting a lot of attention lately. Future great linemen are often not first round picks. Forrest Lamp anyone? Hehe, Tom Brady…6th round pick.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Maybe TT’s latest draft needs some time. His 6th round pick is getting a lot of attention lately. Future great linemen are often not first round picks. Forrest Lamp anyone? Hehe, Tom Brady…6th round pick.
        After striking out with Lamp & Feeney, the Bolts are due for a break with Salyer...

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

I look forward to when the O-line morphs into a legit run blocking group as well as keeping Herbert upright. Such a combination leads to SB appearances. A legit power RB wouldn’t hurt. Someday maybe.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Here’s to Herbert being pass happy again against the Browns, breaking yet another NFL record.
            :horsepiss:

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Spiller is still unproven, buried at #4 in depth chart...Sony has been up and down...Kelley has earned more touches, let's see what he can do...
              Sony doesn't have it anymore. I'd cut him and get Spiller involved now, but Ek and Kelley are clearly our two best. The thing about Spiller that I want to see is how he does at catching passes and turning them into nice gains. He was real good at that in college.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

At least with these latest injuries, we’re seeing what’s happening at WR and LT backups and TT’s draft picks. It’s up to Lombardi now. I’d not count out Spiller. Too early to tell. Fans wanna see him more in order to tell. Bust or bananza? Patience, grasshoppers. Kelly is neither, which is confounding. He DOES make the most of what’s given to him, blocking wise. Gotta give him credit for that. He’s not the answer at RB tho. Enter Spiller, please. Let’s see what he’s got, how he syncs with this O-line. Sometimes a RB just syncs with his blockers when another guy can’t. Any oldies remember a Charger RB named Woods. The running game going nowhere. He came in outta nowhere and just immediately freaking jelled with that O-line. It was chemistry or something. I wanna see something like that again. It was almost tangible.
                Last edited by Caslon; 10-06-2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

After striking out with Lamp & Feeney, the Bolts are due for a break with Salyer...
                  and Zion Johnson.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Sony doesn't have it anymore. I'd cut him and get Spiller involved now, but Ek and Kelley are clearly our two best. The thing about Spiller that I want to see is how he does at catching passes and turning them into nice gains. He was real good at that in college.
                    Roo, for the life of me, I don't understand why they keep giving Sony, the newcomer, more touches than Kelley...yes, Sony's had a few more or less decent gainers, but his longest is only 8 yds...Sony's got 22 carries vs. half of that for Kelley at 13...Sony's YPC is a dismal 2.6 yds, whereas Kelley is at 4.2. This is on Staley...what is he thinking?

sony 2.JPG

keley 2.JPG
                    Attached Files

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Roo, for the life of me, I don't understand why they keep giving Sony, the newcomer, more touches than Kelley...yes, Sony's had a few more or less decent gainers, but his longest is only 8 yds...Sony's got 22 carries vs. half of that for Kelley at 13...Sony's YPC is a dismal 2.6 yds, whereas Kelley is at 4.2. This is on Staley...what is he thinking?

sony 2.JPG

keley 2.JPG
                      The only thing I can figure is Staley is somewhat like Marty was - he's reluctant to give the younger guys playing time. Even that doesn't make sense because he started some rookies right away. Does Sony have pictures?
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

of course.
                        Class act qb.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

The only thing I can figure is Staley is somewhat like Marty was - he's reluctant to give the younger guys playing time. Even that doesn't make sense because he started some rookies right away. Does Sony have pictures?
                          Goes against all football reason. You play the hot hand, someone in the organization must realize this. Cuz duh. It’s like sitting Herbie to play Stick.

Comment

Working...
                          X