Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I was expecting the Bandy move. I still don't understand why Moore is on the roster full time over Bandy. Moore doesn't play a lot of special team snaps. It must have to do with WR blocking. Apparently Hopkins' quad is still problematic. Bertolet is 29 and has bounced around the league, but has never kicked in an NFL game. He did play in the USFL this year though.
    Losing your fg kicker to an injury not sustained during a game or practice is just too chargers to comprehend

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      Defense has been overhauled especially DL. Tomorrow we will find out if it makes a difference. The Browns are not a mystery. They will run and run some more and have the horses to do it. They want to grind teams down.
      agree...they are better at running than JAX is and JAX ran at will on us.......hopefully that was more about being flat...... and we will be fired up tomorrow....

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Losing your fg kicker to an injury not sustained during a game or practice is just too chargers to comprehend
        Yep. Do these things only happen to the Chargers?

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Keenan Allen 2021 Pro Bowl WR - out
          Rashawn Slater 2021 Pro Bowl LT - out
          Joey Bosa 2021 Pro Bowl DE - out

JC Jackson 2021 Pro Bowl CB - hobbled by ankle problems
          Corey Linsley 2021 Pro Bowl C - knee
          Justin Herbert 2021 Pro Bowl QB - fractured rib cartilage

Derwin James 2021 Pro Bowl S - only one of seven Pro Bowl players on Chargers roster who has not suffered injury this year

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fact: The Bolts have the worst ground game in the league. Ask yourself, why?
            After 4 games with a rookie RG, one without our starting C, 1 Norton at RT, 1 Norton at LT, 2 with an injured QB?
            Small sample size doesn't leave room for OL scheme adjustment to level out.
            We should improve, No guarantees but if we can stabilize OL and pass pro, run blocking is next up.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Keenan Allen 2021 Pro Bowl WR - out
              Rashawn Slater 2021 Pro Bowl LT - out
              Joey Bosa 2021 Pro Bowl DE - out

JC Jackson 2021 Pro Bowl CB - hobbled by ankle problems
              Corey Linsley 2021 Pro Bowl C - knee
              Justin Herbert 2021 Pro Bowl QB - fractured rib cartilage

Derwin James 2021 Pro Bowl S - only one of seven Pro Bowl players on Chargers roster who has not suffered injury this year
              Looks like you're hanging a target on Derwin. You forgot Mack.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                Looks like you're hanging a target on Derwin.
                Yeah, I definitely don't want to do that.

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                You forgot Mack.
                I don't think Mack was a Pro Bowler last season was he?

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Three of the four teams the Chargers have faced this season have top-10 run defenses. KC = 1. Jax = 7. Raiders = 10th.
                  Houston's run defense is 31st.
                  The Browns' run defense is 18th (113.3 yds per game)
                  The Chargers' run defense is 14th (109.8)

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree...they are better at running than JAX is and JAX ran at will on us.......hopefully that was more about being flat...... and we will be fired up tomorrow....
                    Vs Jax is evidence that we can totally eff a game up playing and trying to protect an injured Herbert. Scoring 10 pts, no TOP on offense, lots of 3 & outs left the D on the field most of the game and Jax had no reason not to run.
                    Vs Browns we SHOULD have some offense with JH mostly healthy. If we can take a lead and maintain offensive pressure, we got a shot.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                      Day One...
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Brentwood, 94513
                      • Send PM

Like with most teams, we can’t have back to back to back, 3 and outs. The defense can get tired as the game progresses if they constantly have to get on the field. I think that’s in a chapter of football 101.

This game is between a passing team and a running team. Which ever team sustains drives will win. It’s just good we are in a passing era of the NFL.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Headline: A grateful Myles Garrett aims to ‘change this game’ vs. Chargers and atone for Falcons loss in return from crash

Garrett suffered a sprained shoulder, an injury to his bicep and popped a blood vessel in his eye, when he rolled his 911 at 65 mph on Sept. 26, less than two weeks ago. He missed the Browns' game last week in Atlanta, when the Falcons rushed for 202 yards, most of it in the 2nd half.

“My body’s going to tell me how long I need to be out or when I’m ready to go back and it’s telling me I’m ready for some action right now.’’

Garrett practiced on a limited basis all week with a wrap on his shoulder and bicep, and ramped up throughout the week.

“I’ve been kind of taking it kind of light, trying to get there, but been progressing very well with my training and my treatments, so looking forward to see what I can do and I don’t think I’ll be hindered by it too much,” he said.

He’s not sure he’ll be up for a full load so soon after the harrowing accident, but he hopes to be even stronger by Sunday.

“I’ve been kind of building up with the rep count in practice as far as seeing my tolerance and seeing different positions that I’ve gotten my shoulder and my arm into and everything’s felt good up to now,” he said.
                        Doesn't sound like he's 100 percent, and it won't be surprising if his snaps are limited tomorrow, or if he has to leave the game because he's not all the way back. I think Lombardi is going to try to run the ball tomorrow as much as he can. To that end, I really hope they activate Spiller.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I was expecting the Bandy move. I still don't understand why Moore is on the roster full time over Bandy. Moore doesn't play a lot of special team snaps. It must have to do with WR blocking. Apparently Hopkins' quad is still problematic. Bertolet is 29 and has bounced around the league, but has never kicked in an NFL game. He did play in the USFL this year though.
                          I have to watch a little more, but I read somewhere that Moore was really good on special teams. If so, he’s a keeper.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X