Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

This is always what I have read. Here's one source:

https://www.thephinsider.com/2022/8/...elevation-2022

Otherwise, if a team could
    protect four practice squad players continuously, the team would in effect have a 57-man roster.
    Bandy is one of those guys who is vulnerable to being signed by another team. He has NFL level talent. If he has a good game Sunday, look out on Monday, because some WR needy team will be on the phone to his agent. I hope the Chargers don't lose him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

What it is is that, after being elevated three times, a player has to be put on waivers to be returned to the practice squad. But I don't know what difference that makes in practical terms, since teams can already sign players off another team's practice squad.
      I guess it means that a player could be signed back to the practice squad, but to be activated, would have to be be put on the 53 squad, not just elevated, meaning someone else would have to be waived

Comment

• Air Coryell
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2021
        • Carlsbad, CA
        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Bandy is one of those guys who is vulnerable to being signed by another team. He has NFL level talent. If he has a good game Sunday, look out on Monday, because some WR needy team will be on the phone to his agent. I hope the Chargers don't lose him.
        They should have added Bandy to the 53 instead of Moore. Moore has never shown anything and he's 27 now. If Brandy has a good game vs Brownies, he could be poached on Monday. Moore never was a risk when he was on the practice team.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I read another interpretation that says protected PS players can be poached on Mondays. It's really not fair to players, and doesn't sound legal to be honest, for a team to prevent a player from having an opportunity to better his position in the league and make more money. I'm surprised the Players Assoc would agree to it.
          I don’t know the PA has a vested interest here - the only way a PS player can get on a roster is if one of their existing NFLPA members gets “fired”. There is no net plus for the PA and one would think, if they have any obligation, its to their existing NFLPA members,

idunno - they probably don’t worry much more about #53 than I do.

I agree with all that rate Bandy over Moore. He outplayed the pants off of Moore in preseason. He outplayed him the one game we saw them. I suspect its Moore’s greater aggregate time wearing gold and blue (e.g. experience) and i agree thats a fucking stupid reason. I don’t think its money - they both get minimum when they are elevated to the roster, for the time they are there. Moore has no added guaranteed money causing them to lean his way.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

They should have added Bandy to the 53 instead of Moore. Moore has never shown anything and he's 27 now. If Brandy has a good game vs Brownies, he could be poached on Monday. Moore never was a risk when he was on the practice team.
            The talk that Moore is on the permanent roster and Bandy is not is odd to me. They are both on the roster as of today. If Bandy has a great game, maybe they keep him on the roster instead of Moore and this PS talk never comes into play.

They finally realized sticking Norton in at OT was a bad plan, maybe they’ll figure out the same at WR4/5/6 whatever they are?
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I don’t think Bandy is one of the top 5 WRs on practice squads, I think others would more size or speed would be poached before him.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Bandy has only one trait, but it’s a good one, he gets open.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  I don’t think Bandy is one of the top 5 WRs on practice squads, I think others would more size or speed would be poached before him.
                  Maybe, but Moore's not in the top 50

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    If you're right, we should poach one of them ourselves.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                      And seems like he’s sure handed.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                        He gets open and can catch. Couple of small skills for a wr

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

This is always what I have read. Here's one source:

The 2022 NFL calendar is officially moving from the preseason to the start of the regular season. As of 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, every team had to drop their roster size from 80 players down to the...

This source agrees:

Otherwise, if a team could protect four practice squad players continuously, the team would in effect have a 57-man roster.
                          Thanks for that info...

Comment

Working...
                          X