Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    We’re one of the worst teams in the second half. Curious to see if they can put 2 halves together.
    One thing I'm impressed within so far this season is us converting turnovers into TD within 1 or 2 plays. Its a combination of good punting/field position and Lombardi actually drawing up agressive scoring plays off of a turnover.

To generate turnovers vs a running team we have to put them in 3rd down passing situations.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Fact: Rivers was a great QB. He deserves the Hall of Fame.

Fact: The Chargers have had great QBs throughout franchise history. Hadl, Fouts, Humphries, Brees, Rivers.

Fact: Herbert, after just two seasons plus four games, trails only the above five in total yds and TD passes thrown.

Fact: In 2021, Herbert surpassed all of the above in yds per game, TD passes thrown, TD percentage, INT percentage, and so on and so on...

Fact: Joe Lombardi in his first season coordinated an offense that resulted in numerous franchise passing records, a franchise that has had several legendary NFL QBs.

Fact: Joe Lombardi is the best OC the Chargers franchise has ever had.
      Fact: The Bolts have the worst ground game in the league. Ask yourself, why?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Fact - Lombo is neither the second coming nor the apocalypse. Drama queens disagree.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

For those of you who watched JH in college, which offense did he seem to be more comfortable, productive? He had multiple coaches so must have played in different systems?
          Just seems with all his talent, the current offensive scheme could be more suited to what he does best( dude does just about everything great!).
          You watch Josh Allen( similar skill set to JH) and the Bills O just seems to fit him really well, as if their coordinator has designed the O around Josh.
          We're currently 25th in the league in 2nd half points. With JH as our QB, that just doesn't seem right( Bills are currently 3rd, scoring twice as much as we do)
          We should trounce the Brown's, especially if Lombardi let's Justin do his thing.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Facts: Velo is inebriated.
            Actually you kind of hit the nail on the head. I'm paying for it this morning. It's something I rarely do. But a good buddy of mine was in town and he always brings premium sipping whiskey. And I just over-indulged a bit.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Actually you kind of hit the nail on the head. I'm paying for it this morning. It's something I rarely do. But a good buddy of mine was in town and he always brings premium sipping whiskey. And I just over-indulged a bit.
              Hydrate

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Defense has been overhauled especially DL. Tomorrow we will find out if it makes a difference. The Browns are not a mystery. They will run and run some more and have the horses to do it. They want to grind teams down.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                  For those of you who watched JH in college, which offense did he seem to be more comfortable, productive? He had multiple coaches so must have played in different systems?
                  Just seems with all his talent, the current offensive scheme could be more suited to what he does best( dude does just about everything great!).
                  You watch Josh Allen( similar skill set to JH) and the Bills O just seems to fit him really well, as if their coordinator has designed the O around Josh.
                  We're currently 25th in the league in 2nd half points. With JH as our QB, that just doesn't seem right( Bills are currently 3rd, scoring twice as much as we do)
                  We should trounce the Brown's, especially if Lombardi let's Justin do his thing.
                  That was one of the criticisms of the Oregon Ducks coaching staff: they weren't letting Herbert do 'his' thing.
                  Duck fans would refer to his Sophomore season as that one year where the coaching staff let Herbert lose.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Hydrate
                    That's what I'm doing this morning. The thing is, we are both in our sixties, but he can sip whiskey all night and not become intoxicated. I cannot keep up with him. He always brings premium small batch whiskeys, and they're so smooth that I don't realize that I've drunk too much until it's too late.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Fact: Rivers was a great QB. He deserves the Hall of Fame.

Fact: The Chargers have had great QBs throughout franchise history. Hadl, Fouts, Humphries, Brees, Rivers.

Fact: Herbert, after just two seasons plus four games, trails only the above five in total yds and TD passes thrown.

Fact: In 2021, Herbert surpassed all of the above in yds per game, TD passes thrown, TD percentage, INT percentage, and so on and so on...

Fact: Joe Lombardi in his first season coordinated an offense that resulted in numerous franchise passing records, a franchise that has had several legendary NFL QBs.

Fact: Joe Lombardi is the best OC the Chargers franchise has ever had.
                      Forget Lombardi.

Fact: QBs are the only geniuses in the game.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

I was expecting the Bandy move. I still don't understand why Moore is on the roster full time over Bandy. Moore doesn't play a lot of special team snaps. It must have to do with WR blocking. Apparently Hopkins' quad is still problematic. Bertolet is 29 and has bounced around the league, but has never kicked in an NFL game. He did play in the USFL this year though.

Comment

Working...
                          X