Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Frank Barone View Post

It's odd that Dea hasn't gotten any traction (at least publicly) on her move to sell 1/4 of the team. Didn't Dean say at one point that he would hire a firm in 2024 to take bids on the whole franchise?

I also find it odd that the new practice facility is actually owned by a third party, with the Chargers paying rent. Could the Chargers not afford to build it themselves?
    The argument was that Dean would hire a firm to help sell Dea’s shares in 2024. Not the team itself.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Dean is probably the red-headed stepchild of football owners. I dont think ANY org would hire his sons to be VP of anything. Maybe if they own a housekeeping company they can bring him on to be a supervisor.
      To be fair, I don’t think any other NFL team would hire the kids of other team owners either. No one would hire Stephen Jones for example.
      Last edited by Xenos; 10-27-2023, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Frank Barone
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The argument was that Dean would hire a firm to help sell Dea’s shares in 2024. Not the team itself.
        I thought that Dean said something about hiring a firm in 2024/2025 back during the relocation process, way before Dea's concerns became public. I thought the concern at the time was that the Spanos kids may not have the ability to pay inheritance taxes if they kept the team. This kind of tax issue was the reason Georgia Frontiere's kids had to sell the Rams, which opened the door for Stan Kroenke to buy the team and later move back to LA. I know the Spanos' have debt, due in part to their relocation fee, and the NFL only permits their teams to have a certain amount of debt. The Chargers debt may be the reason they don't own their new practice facility.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

As a favor, out of class solidarity .... i think they would.

They'd give him some official title and a secretary to basically do nothing.
          You think so? I dont think so...they'd just hire their own kids. And I think the spanus family are the little boys at the men's table. The men will just tell the boys to go f off.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Unfortunately, unless the team is sold….can’t “reset” this disaster in the C suite.

Comment

• Duck of Death
              Social Piranha
              • May 2022
              • Flyover, USA
              • Send PM

I get a sense that Telesco has more control over drafting than people like to admit.
              I have no idea how much control he really has. What I do know is that there’s only one other GM in the league with a career losing record that has lasted as long as Telesco (Mike Brown). His drafts were notably subpar over his first 7 or 8 seasons, yet he still held onto his job. His first 3 coaching hires have not fared well. And yet it’s possible he may get to hire a 4th new head coach. Clearly he’s carrying out Ownership’s directives well enough to keep his job.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

I get a sense that Telesco has more control over drafting than people like to admit.
                There is a fricking scouting department for crying out loud. He takes their input and the coaches priorities. Anybody can do that.

Where the rubber meets the road is coaches and he’s been a complete disaster bringing in one cheap bum after another.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                  FUdean
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Your team is and always will be mediocre at best as long as the FUdeans own it. They have 30+ years of history that says nothing will change.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

I wonder if John Spanos is a freemason or reptilian shapeshifter. He might not look like it but I don't rule out the possibility.

Anyone who reads/follow the bible will know and should understand not to put trust and hope in man. But to put them in the creator and redeemer of mankind, God, Jesus Christ. What we need to do is pray for the curse of that is on this franchise to be lifted off. I want the curse that is on the organization to be lifted off.

Comment

• Nunc_Coepi17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2023
                      • Send PM

Unfortunately, Spanos is not a shape shifting member of the Illuminati. Those guys are at the top of the NFL hierarchy. Spanos is on the lowest rung of the ladder. He has to take whatever scraps the higher-ups give him.

He just wants to be in the club, and the real NFL decision-makers allow him to stay inside the doors as long as he accepts a subservient place for himself and his franchise.

This is why the Chargers will never be more that mediocre team. The owner doesn't really belong among the group of men who own teams in the NFL

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                        I wonder if John Spanos is a freemason or reptilian shapeshifter. He might not look like it but I don't rule out the possibility.

Anyone who reads/follow the bible will know and should understand not to put trust and hope in man. But to put them in the creator and redeemer of mankind, God, Jesus Christ. What we need to do is pray for the curse of that is on this franchise to be lifted off. I want the curse that is on the organization to be lifted off.
                        No offense but I don't think our Creator is a fan of organized sports along with the violence and betting involved.Just my opinion tho.

Comment

• FSPANOS
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2017
                          • Send PM

It will never happen. Also, Dean is not the owner, there are 4 elderly sibling owners who fight over money. Which is why, it will always be Mike McCoy ala Brandon Staley level HC. As soon as, you accept this you will be free.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X