Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I meant I dont think any NFL owners would hire Dean's son into any of their executive positions
    Ah hec no they wouldn't.

Comment

• Frank Barone
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Excellent post and spot on

A couple of things stand out

1) sunk fallacy cost. almost like "we drafted the player, we are keeping them until we can't"

2) roster building - you bring up good names in Pouncey and Linsley -- we have all seen what happens when Linsley is out - and yet Will Clapp was brought back

The Spanii are too stupid to see they should just sell, take their profit and be done with it
      It's odd that Dea hasn't gotten any traction (at least publicly) on her move to sell 1/4 of the team. Didn't Dean say at one point that he would hire a firm in 2024 to take bids on the whole franchise?

I also find it odd that the new practice facility is actually owned by a third party, with the Chargers paying rent. Could the Chargers not afford to build it themselves?

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Chargers.com.

John Spanos was named President of Football Operations for the Chargers in May 2015 and oversees all football-related functions of the team, including player personnel, coaching, player finance and the salary cap, medical, equipment, video, player engagement and security.
        Yes he's president of football operations but not player personnel. Telesco is listed under player personnel. This is not an uncommon arrangement in the NFL. Telesco has final say on roster construction and reports to John Boy. John Boy has final say on coach and Gm hirings and firings etc.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Frank Barone View Post

It's odd that Dea hasn't gotten any traction (at least publicly) on her move to sell 1/4 of the team. Didn't Dean say at one point that he would hire a firm in 2024 to take bids on the whole franchise?

I also find it odd that the new practice facility is actually owned by a third party, with the Chargers paying rent. Could the Chargers not afford to build it themselves?
          Things have been pretty quiet on any news about Dea selling her shares.

We all know the Chargers are not particularly wealthy compared to other owners, but I wouldn't read anything into the leasing part of this - companies do it all the time.
          ​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Things have been pretty quiet on any news about Dea selling her shares.

We all know the Chargers are not particularly wealthy compared to other owners, but I wouldn't read anything into the leasing part of this - companies do it all the time.
            ​
            My guess, nothing will happen with Dea Spanos and we are stuck with Deano

I know the old poster Trumpet Man was thinking something would come "in the backdoor" - but sadly - I think those ships have sailed
            I think Dean continues to own the team just to spite San Diego and give them a big F U

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

My guess, nothing will happen with Dea Spanos and we are stuck with Deano

I know the old poster Trumpet Man was thinking something would come "in the backdoor" - but sadly - I think those ships have sailed
              I think Dean continues to own the team just to spite San Diego and give them a big F U
              I know that the rest of the Spanos family has the right to match any offer Dea gets but they don't have the money to match so they'd have to finance that.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I know that the rest of the Spanos family has the right to match any offer Dea gets but they don't have the money to match so they'd have to finance that.
                Actually, if they had to pay interest on their investment they might have to hire really competent management or send the nepotism packing regardless of which Spanos wants to run the team.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I meant I dont think any NFL owners would hire Dean's son into any of their executive positions
                  As a favor, out of class solidarity .... i think they would.

They'd give him some official title and a secretary to basically do nothing.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Trumpet Man insisted that a solution to save the Chargers from moving to LA was going to come in the back door at the last moment, and a lot of people believed him.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Yes he's president of football operations but not player personnel. Telesco is listed under player personnel. This is not an uncommon arrangement in the NFL. Telesco has final say on roster construction and reports to John Boy. John Boy has final say on coach and Gm hirings and firings etc.
                      I get a sense that Telesco has more control over drafting than people like to admit.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I get a sense that Telesco has more control over drafting than people like to admit.
                        I believe this to be true. I just think people like to take shots at the Spanos family - not that I can blame them.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I truly hope he does so when Harbaugh brings in his new GM lil snot nose Johnny stays the fuck out the way.

Comment

Working...
                          X