Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    This is how infected the entire Chargers franchise is with Spanos progeny.

Dean Spanos (son of Alex) - Chairman of the Board
    Michael Spanos (son of Alex) - Vice President
    A.G. Spanos (son of Dean) - President of Business Operations
    John Spanos (son of Dean) - President of Football Operations
    Michael Spanos II (son of Michael) - Salary Cap & Personal Assistant

Los Angeles Chargers Front Office Roster: The official source of the latest Chargers front office, staff members and team information.

The franchise is essentially an employment for the Spanos family and their progeny.
    how do I put a 'thumbs down' for this? I'm sure there are plenty of football teams who have nepotism...just stay within our division and we have the faiders and I believe the Chiefs also have it. but the charger fools have NO IDEA on how to run a winning franchise apparently.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

how do I put a 'thumbs down' for this? I'm sure there are plenty of football teams who have nepotism...just stay within our division and we have the faiders and I believe the Chiefs also have it. but the charger fools have NO IDEA on how to run a winning franchise apparently.
      The Chiefs are owned by the Hunt family but it seems they let Andy Reid "run the show" - pretty smart

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chiefs are owned by the Hunt family but it seems they let Andy Reid "run the show" - pretty smart
        The Hunt Family seem to grasp the Golden Rule of business a little firmly than the Spanos Clan. Hire people smarter than yourself and delegate.

Remember, Dean had the chance to hire Andy Reid as HC and Dean and John chose Mike McCoy instead. I'm guessing that lower salary + much easier-to-control swung the thinking to McCoy.

Meanwhile, the Chargers haven't won an AFC West title since this decision was made by Dean + John.

AFC West.png

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The Hunt Family seem to grasp the Golden Rule of business a little firmly than the Spanos Clan. Hire people smarter than yourself and delegate.

Remember, Dean had the chance to hire Andy Reid as HC and Dean and John chose Mike McCoy instead. I'm guessing that lower salary + much easier-to-control swung the thinking to McCoy.

Meanwhile, the Chargers haven't won an AFC West title since this decision was made by Dean + John.

AFC West.png
          I remember that offseason. I believe Big Andy had a place in Del Mar. Mort Report even said that Reid was interested in San Diego. Reid got to KC and the Hunt family made sure he never left. Now, did the Spanii even call Big Andy to say "fine interview in KC but we want to talk to you as well." My guess, they never talked to him as they hired Ron Wolf to lead the team that hired Telesco first and than McCoy (still nto sure why Telesco didn't pound the table for BA - who he worked with in Indy) and the rest is history.

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I remember that offseason. I believe Big Andy had a place in Del Mar. Mort Report even said that Reid was interested in San Diego. Reid got to KC and the Hunt family made sure he never left. Now, did the Spanii even call Big Andy to say "fine interview in KC but we want to talk to you as well." My guess, they never talked to him as they hired Ron Wolf to lead the team that hired Telesco first and than McCoy (still nto sure why Telesco didn't pound the table for BA - who he worked with in Indy) and the rest is history.
            idiot owners do what?...idiot things.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
              Registered Dude
              • Sep 2018
              • Westminster, MA
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Good info to know.

I do really wish Dean is forced to sell the team. Been wanting that to happen for some years now.
              Gonna take a Donald Sterling-esque scandal to pry the Chargers from the Spanos family's death grip.

Anyone got any dirt?

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Let's take a look. Clark Hunt, son of Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt, is chairman and CEO. Fair enough.

Mark Donovan is president.

Brett Veach is GM.

Below them, I don't see another Hunt listed in any executive position or in football operations.

Kansas City Chiefs Front Office Roster: The official source of the latest Chiefs front office and staff members and staff information

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Yeah there's no defending the SpAnus clan.Their idiots and cheap ones at that.If they ruin Herbert's career like Rivers then they truly are losers thru and thru.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Let's take a look. Clark Hunt, son of Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt, is chairman and CEO. Fair enough.

Mark Donovan is president.

Brett Veach is GM.

Below them, I don't see another Hunt listed in any executive position or in football operations.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/front-office-roster/
                    If I had to guess, Big Andy is below Hunt and runs the show. Veach might be GM but I know Andy Reid is in charge out there.

But your point is spot on- solidly ran organization.

Comment

• Frank Barone
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • Send PM

It is my guess that if the Chargers were put up for sale Stan Kroenke would step in and say that his SoFi lease agreement is with Dean and he wants to renegotiate. It is also my guess that Stan would prefer to have LA all to himself. A Chargers sale could prompt a relocation.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

If I had to guess, Big Andy is below Hunt and runs the show. Veach might be GM but I know Andy Reid is in charge out there.

But your point is spot on- solidly ran organization.
                        Yes, definitely Andy is the man calling the shots in KC. Hunt doesn't use the franchise as an employment program for the Hunt family.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Yes, definitely Andy is the man calling the shots in KC. Hunt doesn't use the franchise as an employment program for the Hunt family.
                          nepotism doesnt build a strong work ethic. I know of nepotism personally (not that I'm hired by my family for anything) and the son knows nothing of the family business or how to take care of it. I fear once the matriarch goes so will the business.

Comment

Working...
                          X