Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

It's ironic to me.
    As incredibly lucky as we are to land a talent like Herbert, we're almost, if not equally unlucky, to land 1 of the very few OCs that can potentially regress Herbert's talents.
    we're just special I guess.
    Staley would have had better luck pinning pictures at a dart board, using a blindfold and letting it fly.
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      It's ironic to me.
      As incredibly lucky as we are to land a talent like Herbert, we're almost, if not equally unlucky, to land 1 of the very few OCs that can potentially regress Herbert's talents.
      Staley would have had better luck pinning pictures at a dart board, using a blindfold and letting it fly.
      Cant help but wish he got his first choice Kevin O'Connell but why would Rams let him go for a sideways move

Comment

• Geezbolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Sun Valley, ID
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Portland1961 View Post
        I was one of the old folks that saw the 1963 win. Graduated High School in 1961 and became a chargers fan even sittin in Old Balboa piece of Crap stadium. Loved the team then. Even kept my two season tickets when spending 6 years in the Army in Europe, North Carolina and SE Asia. Rooting for the through the good and the bad like trading away the best defensive linemen like Big Hands.

But moving to LA put a real damper on the hope for the team. All for the Money. But I just naturally loath any LA team. Still rooted for them, but I am beginning to agree than the Team must be sold to improve. I am now 79 years old and hope they play in another Super Bowl before I get sent to Satan!!!!!
        I knew you were out there! You have me by 7 years. I was 13 when they won the AFL Championship and like you, I was at the game in Balboa Stadium.

Can you imagine how Sid Gillman would have salivated over having a QB with Herbert's talents? He is indeed the Golden Goose and is one of those few quarterbacks with whom you always have a chance. As CanadianBoltFan said, let's just hope the ownership doesn't screw it up because talent like Herbert's doesn't come around very often.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

It's ironic to me.
          I might agree with this if Herbert looked worse last year than his first year, but that wasn't the case. His numbers improved in most categories. So IMO the injuries are why we are doing what we are doing. I know people don't like the ball control approach but it did work pre-injury wipeout so I'm not ready to bury Lombardi for that.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

IMHO, the best thing the Chargers can do to help Herbert is to trade him to a franchise that is not dysfunctional. I just see the Chargers wasting his career, like they did Phil Rivers and LT. It's not fair to Herbert. It's not fair to NFL fans to have a phenomenon talent never realize his full potential.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I might agree with this if Herbert looked worse last year than his first year, but that wasn't the case. His numbers improved in most categories. So IMO the injuries are why we are doing what we are doing. I know people don't like the ball control approach but it did work pre-injury wipeout so I'm not ready to bury Lombardi for that.
              You are right the numbers were there last year in that sense. But what I dont like about Lombardi is the predictability, and even last year there are too many crucial times when this offence just gets shut right down. Lack of ability to make adjustments is telling.

I mean how many times do you see Mahomes and the Chiefs offence get shut down, win or lose? Very rarely and not for 60 minutes.

Until you are actually putting together some impressive perfomances and actually making the playoffs with Justin Herbert as your QB, these coaches are on the hotseat in my books.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

You are right the numbers were there last year in that sense. But what I dont like about Lombardi is the predictability, and even last year there are too many crucial times when this offence just gets shut right down. Lack of ability to make adjustments is telling.

I mean how many times do you see Mahomes and the Chiefs offence get shut down, win or lose? Very rarely and not for 60 minutes.

Until you are actually putting together some impressive perfomances and actually making the playoffs with Justin Herbert as your QB, these coaches are on the hotseat in my books.
                Last season they lost 27-3 to the Titans and a couple weeks later beat GB but only scored 13 points.

They only scored 17 in a loss to Indy this year so it happens.

It would be nice if we had a decent defense for a change.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think the significant upgrade in Oline may have been the difference from year 1 to 2 and why we saw no drop off.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Last season they lost 27-3 to the Titans and a couple weeks later beat GB but only scored 13 points.

They only scored 17 in a loss to Indy this year so it happens.

It would be nice if we had a decent defense for a change.
                    So you found 3 examples in 2 years amongst their 6 straight division titles

How many times did they create exciting plays, score at will, and blow teams away? How many times have the Chargers done that?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

So you found 3 examples in 2 years amongst their 6 straight division titles

How many times did they create exciting plays, score at will, and blow teams away? How many times have the Chargers done that?
                      I didn't look at very many. Didn't look at all last year's scores, and didn't look at 2 years worth. Looked at this year's 7 games and about 6 or so of last year's scores.

I just gave examples that they do in fact, not score a lot every game and in fact, only scored 3 points in 60 minutes.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

It's ironic to me.
                        Sort of like what Staley did with JC and what he’s doing with Derwin

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

The title is right.... the futility of the Chargers hiatory is because Chargers have had 2 of the worst owners in NFL histoty! Klein and Spanos..... neither cared about winning because they make tha same money as the SB champions while finishing last but saving a ton of extra money it costs to have a great team!.... team needs to be sold to someone who cares about winning....period!

Ownership affects every faccet of a football team..... great ownership gets championships..... bad ownership never will....

Comment

Working...
                          X