Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
    The title is right.... the futility of the Chargers hiatory is because Chargers have had 2 of the worst owners in NFL histoty! Klein and Spanos..... neither cared about winning because they make tha same money as the SB champions while finishing last but saving a ton of extra money it costs to have a great team!.... team needs to be sold to someone who cares about winning....period!

Ownership affects every faccet of a football team..... great ownership gets championships..... bad ownership never will....
    Yep...maybe Eli was right after all...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
      The title is right.... the futility of the Chargers hiatory is because Chargers have had 2 of the worst owners in NFL histoty! Klein and Spanos..... neither cared about winning because they make tha same money as the SB champions while finishing last but saving a ton of extra money it costs to have a great team!.... team needs to be sold to someone who cares about winning....period!

Ownership affects every faccet of a football team..... great ownership gets championships..... bad ownership never will....
      The thing is - which Deano hasn't figure out
      if they won more - they would be worth more

Look at the Warriors

He really is quite business stupid by what I can se
      Paid Fabiani 10m for a guy not suited for the role
      If he would just hire competent people and let them do their job - its not like JohnBoy is working for free - probably gets paid way too much
      His teams might be better and he might have a trophy

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I have said this before and I still strongly believe it: I think the notion that Team Spanos doesn't care about winning is completely false. They want to win. They just have never been able to figure out how.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          I have said this before and I still strongly believe it: I think the notion that Team Spanos doesn't care about winning is completely false. They want to win. They just have never been able to figure out how.
          We all figured it out years ago. It’s the title of this thread.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Exactly - Deano hasn't figured it out because that would mean his ego would have to take a hit and his kids wouldn't be able to play make believe NFL Executive

Put them in charge of concessions, ticket taker, parking lot attendant - but if it has to do with football operations, coaching, scouting - nobody with the name or the blood of the Spanii are in the room. Period

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Agree - was just responding to the notion that they don't want to win because they get money. I think they do and have an inferiority complex about it because of their lack of success.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                It's ironic to me.
                As incredibly lucky as we are to land a talent like Herbert, we're almost, if not equally unlucky, to land 1 of the very few OCs that can potentially regress Herbert's talents.
                we're just special I guess.
                Staley would have had better luck pinning pictures at a dart board, using a blindfold and letting it fly.
                thing is the previous OC seemed to do much more with Herbert even with a subpar Oline.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

thing is the previous OC seemed to do much more with Herbert even with a subpar Oline.
                  At least Stitch unleashed Herbie to sling the long ball to T-Billy and Guyton...but Stitch was saddled with Lynn and his bonehead game day calls...imagine Stitch with a decent HC...oh, wait a minute, he's with Sirianni and the Eagles are 6-0 this year...never mind...

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

I think they *may* care about winning - hell, if nothing else, they have to be fans of the team - but it's secondary to making a profit. I also agree that they are incompetent (my definition of being unable to 'figure it out'). And the more I read in this thread, the more I believe that it's true. They really have no idea how to build a winner. And I also believe, very strongly, that they keep at least one eye on the bottom line all the times.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

All it would take is a tiny bit of self study and they would know that to win they have to hire A+ football people and get out of the way. They’ve done with the Ross/Beathard combo and Marty/Butler-AJ combo. So they should know how. They just aren’t willing to do it and want to keep trying to hire cheaper first timers and stay in the way. So they probably know how. They are just unwilling

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

All it would take is a tiny bit of self study and they would know that to win they have to hire A+ football people and get out of the way. They’ve done with the Ross/Beathard combo and Marty/Butler-AJ combo. So they should know how. They just aren’t willing to do it and want to keep trying to hire cheaper first timers and stay in the way. So they probably know how. They are just unwilling
                        No doubt Paris Hilton and/or Hilton family would have done so. For all their faults as people, they at least KNOW what they don't know.
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I'm not so sure, Rich.

Interested in increasing the value of the team? Sure.

Winning? By now I'm sure they have internal consultants and advisors telling them what the winning formula for success is, yet they fail to do it.

Is it narcissism? Ego? Ignorance?
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X