Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
    I'm a Gen X dude.... these millenials are making me sick... inconsistent MFs.... the league has to evolve and make the roster bigger... these freaking millenials dont show up to work every day like they are supposed to...
    A bigger roster, with everyone allowed to be active on game day, is something I have wanted for a long time.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      Atlanta us a top 10 scoring offense, #5 in the ground. Our D had better have their stuff together. Sea #31 offense put up 37 pts on us.

On the other hand, Atl's D is #28 ppg allowed, #32 vs pass. If Herbert can't find his receivers vs the worst pass D in the NFL, time to start Chase.

Looks like a shoot out. LAC 41 - Atl 39.
      Seattle had a good offense. I think it was 31st for defense.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

A bigger roster, with everyone allowed to be active on game day, is something I have wanted for a long time.
        Today its 53/45 with 16 Practice Squad
        My idea is 61 active, and if the league wants to have some inactive for injuries, make it 57.
        8 on the practice squad
        Also this would allow being able to hide players on your active roster you do not want to expose to the practice squad

The difference in the 8 players on the PS to the active roster is about $500k per player - or $4m total per team. Which is nothing

I agree with you Rich

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
          Atlanta us a top 10 scoring offense, #5 in the ground. Our D had better have their stuff together. Sea #31 offense put up 37 pts on us.

On the other hand, Atl's D is #28 ppg allowed, #32 vs pass. If Herbert can't find his receivers vs the worst pass D in the NFL, time to start Chase.

Looks like a shoot out. LAC 41 - Atl 39.
          Arthur Smith.
          Think.Titans.
          Caleb is their King Henry.
          Big challenge for LAC.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think back to when I was making fun of Siriani and Smith for their opening press conferences. Opening press conferences do not a good HC make. Lesson to the HeatMiser

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Seattle had a good offense. I think it was 31st for defense.
              In current ppg: Sea #4 O, #27 D

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Arthur Smith.
                Think.Titans.
                Caleb is their King Henry.
                Big challenge for LAC.
                True. Lots of stat similarities w/ Sea. Let's hope Herbert is more dialed in. A week off, ??
                The Chargers D has to come to play. Getting TOP (and scoring) on offense always helps the D.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Both teams are wildly inconsistent, not unfamiliar in NFL '22.

It is time for LAC to establish the run,(cough, cough...Spiller), play sounder defense, and make our move towards the Wild Card goal.

Life is about goals, Brandon.
                  Why do you think Spiller, a 4th-round rookie, who has missed time with an injury, and has never had a touch in the NFL, is going to suddenly step in to a team with one of the worst running games in the League and help 'establish the run'? That one's a head scratcher coming from you.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Why do you think Spiller, a 4th-round rookie, who has missed time with an injury, and has never had a touch in the NFL, is going to suddenly step in to a team with one of the worst running games in the League and help 'establish the run'? That one's a head scratcher coming from you.
                    He's who we got.
                    I am not making a sober personnel assessment here.
                    But we need someone to step forward,
                    given our current predicament.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AZBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

With the bye week, and 2 weeks to prepare, my finger is pointing at Staley and his staff......I expect them to come out prepared, no more coming out initially and playing like shit like the last 2 weeks....unacceptable.

Falcons are run oriented and less likely to take total advantage of Bolts horrible free safety passing play .......bring a safety up....

Bolts need to start incorporating some corner and safety blitzes on 3rd and long, watching other teams utilizing with good success.......Staley/Hill vanilla D just sucks......and Staley is a Defensive guru?, my ass.

Should consider removing Carter from punt returns to concentrate on full time WR on mid to deep routes...put a sure hands FC guy back there, Bandy maybe.

I'm sure we are sick of watching the Bolts fail on 3rd/4th down and one yard or less, considering the FA and draft capital invested in OL....OL coach has to scheme better and get the other lineman fired up dammit..It's time for the OL to man up with the rest,

Hopefully, JH is feeling better and will push the ball down the field more........and run for a few key first down opportunities but only utilizing slides .....hopefully they use Everett more too, Eke can't do everything.

Maybe they should look at adding K Hunt.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think we make Marriota look godly.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• SK21209
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2020
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

We've been bad against the run but that's in some part due to our entire defensive philosophy being to sell out to stop big plays at the expense of modest gains on the ground (not that we've done an awesome job of acting out this philosophy). Against a team as one-dimensional on offense as these Falcons, I think we change things up a bit. If Terrell doesn't play, this defense is very beatable through the air even with our banged up receiving options. If Terrell does play, we might have to win in a slug fest.

Comment

Working...
                          X