Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

I just spent a few days in Vegas. EVERYbody was down on the Turds. I met a nice old guy wearing a Dave Casper jersey and he agreed that Carr would probably be gone if things continue to tank, yesterday notwithstanding. He also said that the team should have kept the interim coach from last year. He had them playing at another level......

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

The way I see it, the Raiders are loaded with talent on offense and defense. They have been underperforming for whatever reason.

Carr passed for 295 yards in our first game this season and Jacobs was held to 57 yards. Davante Adams had 141 receiving yards.

I would guess the Raiders are healthier than the Chargers since our last game and it’s a home game for the Raiders.

To save his job and gain some respect, JoshMcDaniel is going to be extremely motivated to crush the Chargers with a massive win.

If Linsley doesn’t return along with our other injuries, I would say Chargers chances are slim and none of coming away with a win.

If Chargers do win, Staley deserves some heavy praise!

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Jacobs ran for over 200
        yards this last game. Nuff said.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

If we beat the Raiders twice in the same year, then it's a good year. But this one is going to be difficult. Our O line is a mess. Our run D is a mess. MW may still be out and we lack a TE threat. Turnover battle probably wins this one.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

I have to apologize ahead of time. I will be at the game and my record at live games sucks (including last year's epic OT game in Vegas). That said, it's gonna be a great weekend in Vegas with the Utes in the Pac 12 Championship (whew) and the Chargers at the Raiders! But...I'll say it now because it will be my fault. SORRY!
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
              The way I see it, the Raiders are loaded with talent on offense and defense. They have been underperforming for whatever reason.

Carr passed for 295 yards in our first game this season and Jacobs was held to 57 yards. Davante Adams had 141 receiving yards.

I would guess the Raiders are healthier than the Chargers since our last game and it’s a home game for the Raiders.

To save his job and gain some respect, JoshMcDaniel is going to be extremely motivated to crush the Chargers with a massive win.

If Linsley doesn’t return along with our other injuries, I would say Chargers chances are slim and none of coming away with a win.

If Chargers do win, Staley deserves some heavy praise!
              I read somewhere coaching can make the difference on a very talented team.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Mike Williams was taped up heavily after that catch against the Chiefs as if might have returned. He was walking on it. 10 yards of tape and he’ll most likely play. He may sit out all this weeks practices. It was a non contact injury. He just came down on it wrong is all.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

If James Conner can hang 120 on us, I imagine Jacobs might could relieve some poor team of the shame of letting Adrian Peterson hang 296 on them.

Oh wait, that was us. Nevermind.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Jacobs > Carr. At least Carr won’t be a roving threat as that isn’t his thing. Sack time.

Comment

• jox g
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                      If James Conner can hang 120 on us, I imagine Jacobs might could relieve some poor team of the shame of letting Adrian Peterson hang 296 on them.

Oh wait, that was us. Nevermind.
                      Maybe he's "tired"

Never touched the ball 39 times in college or pro game - ever. Week 12 - he's "high." Week 13, he's "low."

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Get out the brooms boys, it's time to sweep the raiders!
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

The Chargers suck at run D in general. Oddly enough we don't allow many RB scores and are pretty tough in the red zone.
                          One plus for us, the turds allow the league highest QBR to opposing QBs and Herbert is feeling good and has some receivers.
                          Probably a tight game cause that's what we do- but one we can and should win.

Comment

Working...
                          X