Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    I see this one as a loss and really a mismatch.

The 'fade are much, much better than their record. They've lost 3 games after leading by 17 or more points. Had a heartbreaking loss against KC they led most of the way. They were a drive away from beating us in the first game vs a Chargers team that was a lot healthier than they are now. They lost in OT to the cardinals, lost to the Titans by 2. They could easily be an 8-2 and probably should be 7-4.

Their offense is a bad mismatch for our defense. They line up in power formations with a fullback and run the football like S.F. but they have a legit power back & much better passing game. I won't be at all surprised to see Jacobs go for over 200. Nobody on our defense can cover Davante Adams. Normally Carr starts to wilt under pressure but without Bosa we no longer get consistent pressure without blitzing.

They have mad max on defense and a lot of former players for this football team play on that side of the ball and those guys like Perriman always play over their heads vs the Chargers.

The 'fade will win by double digits easily if this team plays the way they did vs arizona.

Well, for one, Las Vegas big money disagrees with you as the Bolts are favored by 1.5 points in , that's right, Vegas.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Well, for one, Las Vegas big money disagrees with you as the Bolts are favored by 1.5 points in , that's right, Vegas.
      1.5? They opened at 2.5. Did it drop in one day?

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Just remember that the line in Vegas is a mechanism they use in an attempt to even-out the betting lines. It's not really an indication of who the "experts" think will win a given game.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

The 'fade are much, much better than their record. They've lost 3 games after leading by 17 or more points. Had a heartbreaking loss against KC they led most of the way. They were a drive away from beating us in the first game vs a Chargers team that was a lot healthier than they are now. They lost in OT to the cardinals, lost to the Titans by 2. They could easily be an 8-2 and probably should be 7-4.

Their offense is a bad mismatch for our defense. They line up in power formations with a fullback and run the football like S.F. but they have a legit power back & much better passing game. I won't be at all surprised to see Jacobs go for over 200. Nobody on our defense can cover Davante Adams. Normally Carr starts to wilt under pressure but without Bosa we no longer get consistent pressure without blitzing.

They have mad max on defense and a lot of former players for this football team play on that side of the ball and those guys like Perriman always play over their heads vs the Chargers.

The 'fade will win by double digits easily if this team plays the way they did vs arizona.
          I don’t know what Raiders team you’ve been watching. Your observation that they should have 7 or 8 wins doesn’t mesh with what I’ve observed watching the Raiders this season. They were shut out by the Saints, which has the 23rd best defense. The Raiders have been mostly inept. They lost to the Saturday Colts at home; the Saturday Colts’ only win this season. Your observations will be interesting to revisit after the game Sunday.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

I don't think you understand the Raiders. It seems you think we are going up against the 85' Bears. This is the turds, they are a bad team. That being said it is a division game and not to be taken lightly but lets not over hype the turds.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

They were favored by about 10 vs Jacksonville & Seattle and got blown out of the building both games. The 'Fade are capable of doing the same. I will say this team normally does play reasonably hard vs the 'fade & that's half the battle - they normally only show up for primetime games. This team was VERY lucky against 'zona that was a total dogshit performance for most of the game.....couldn't run the ball, couldn't protect the QB, couldn't stop the run, couldn't hang onto the football. Play like that this week & it's not gonna be pretty.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Welcome to Raider Week, I'm your host, Derek Carr. Herbert's play keeps the Chargers competitive with Mahomes and the Chiefs, Herbert sure as hell can help us beat this bunch from Las Vegas. But the Chargers D-line is going to have to really step up.

Derek Carr.png

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

They were favored by about 10 vs Jacksonville & Seattle and got blown out of the building both games. The 'Fade are capable of doing the same. I will say this team normally does play reasonably hard vs the 'fade & that's half the battle - they normally only show up for primetime games. This team was VERY lucky against 'zona that was a total dogshit performance for most of the game.....couldn't run the ball, couldn't protect the QB, couldn't stop the run, couldn't hang onto the football. Play like that this week & it's not gonna be pretty.
                  The Chargers just beat the Cardinals with DeAndre Hopkins in AZ. The Cardinals beat the Raiders in LasVegas without Hopkins.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Nelson_Ha-Ha copy.jpeg

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                      This can't be possible. No one else with more than one? Double team him every single play, regardless if it is true or not.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

I'm thinking it actually benefits the Bolts that the Raiders had such a giddy upset over the Hawks. They're thinking they are invincible, especially with Jacobs and the Bolts poor run defense. Trap game for them.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Chargers just beat the Cardinals with DeAndre Hopkins in AZ. The Cardinals beat the Raiders in LasVegas without Hopkins.

Cards spotted the Raiders 20-0 lead at halftime. Came back and beat them w/ walkoff TD in OT.

Raiders are susceptible to a mobile QB using his legs, and they have no pass rush aside from Maxx Crosby. Gameplan for Crosby and Herbert will have time to deliver throws, picking the Raiders apart on defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X