Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SK21209
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2020
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
    The way I see it, the Raiders are loaded with talent on offense and defense. They have been underperforming for whatever reason.

Carr passed for 295 yards in our first game this season and Jacobs was held to 57 yards. Davante Adams had 141 receiving yards.

I would guess the Raiders are healthier than the Chargers since our last game and it’s a home game for the Raiders.

To save his job and gain some respect, JoshMcDaniel is going to be extremely motivated to crush the Chargers with a massive win.

If Linsley doesn’t return along with our other injuries, I would say Chargers chances are slim and none of coming away with a win.

If Chargers do win, Staley deserves some heavy praise!
    I don't think the current incarnation of the Raiders are that talented. Adams and Jacobs are awesome but Waller and Renfrow are on IR and out for this game. Carr hasn't been good this year. Crosby is a beast but Chandler Jones has been a massive disappointment and Hobbs is on IR. Perryman has been solid for them. Overall, they're a very one-dimensional offense and a bad defense. With some or all of Bosa/Linsley/Mike out, there's no team in the league I'm totally confident in beating but this Raiders team isn't very good.

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
      I have to apologize ahead of time. I will be at the game and my record at live games sucks (including last year's epic OT game in Vegas). That said, it's gonna be a great weekend in Vegas with the Utes in the Pac 12 Championship (whew) and the Chargers at the Raiders! But...I'll say it now because it will be my fault. SORRY!
      You have now been designated as the Vegas good-luck charm for the Bolts. A new beginning. Stay safe at the game, there will be many pissed-off Raider fans after the loss.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

as Marty would say: it's Raider week.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
          as Marty would say: it's Raider week.
          "Quite frankly, there's a gleam men,a gleam" he said, "and WE, two powerful letters, W-E......"

rest in peace Coach Marty

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

If there was ever a game appropriate for just letting out frustrations of the season it's this one, I hope to see a 3 hour celebration/beatdown where we completely dominate because we're much better.
            Want to see Ekeler throw an LT-type vintage, halfback TD pass to Everett. That kind of game.
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              Mike Williams was taped up heavily after that catch against the Chiefs as if might have returned. He was walking on it. 10 yards of tape and he’ll most likely play. He may sit out all this weeks practices. It was a non contact injury. He just came down on it wrong is all.
              Allen’s hamstring was a non contact injury. JC Jackson’s dislocated knee was a non contact injury too and may be career ending.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

I don't think the current incarnation of the Raiders are that talented. Adams and Jacobs are awesome but Waller and Renfrow are on IR and out for this game. Carr hasn't been good this year. Crosby is a beast but Chandler Jones has been a massive disappointment and Hobbs is on IR. Perryman has been solid for them. Overall, they're a very one-dimensional offense and a bad defense. With some or all of Bosa/Linsley/Mike out, there's no team in the league I'm totally confident in beating but this Raiders team isn't very good.
                Raiders scored 40 against the Seahawks. Chargers scored 23.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Raiders scored 40 against the Seahawks. Chargers scored 23.
                  The Raiders scored 23 against the Cardinals. Chargers scored 25.

Comment

• SK21209
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2020
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Raiders scored 23 against the Cardinals. Chargers scored 25.
                    The Chargers also scored 24 against the Raiders. The Raiders scored 19.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

I want to see three…no, four sacks of Carr.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I'll be surprised, to be honest, if the Raiders can put forth this type of effort two weeks in a row. The Chargers aren't going to let Jacobs explode like the 'Hawks did.

With the defense that lets opponents run all over them? The run defense that has trouble tackling?

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Rather than counting the number of sacks we hope to see, or the number of TDs we're going to score, or how dominate we might be...I'm hoping our doofus coaching staff is divining a way to stop Josh Jacobs from getting 300 total yards; or Devante Adams from getting 150 yards in receptions; or Maxx Crosby from getting 5 sacks all by himself.

Comment

Working...
                          X