Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I read it was his calf on CBS. they write that he hurt it in practice Friday, almost didnt suit on Sunday, and tweaked it again (further?) during the game. They plan to not practice him, “round the clock” treatments, and make game time decision again on Sunday. I pray the young man fully heals by next Tuesday and lives a long glorious life.

But I’d also bet he plays. Apparently he played on it last Sunday, not clear yet its actually worse now or similar.
    You’re right. Meant to write calf but wrote hammy. It was Slayer’s fault with his season long hammy issue :biggrin:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

You’re right. Meant to write calf but wrote hammy. It was Slayer’s fault with his season long hammy issue :biggrin:
      No worries. I’m wrong a lot, I’d rather shoot from the hip than look things up usually . Not enough news out yet post-game to know if he’s notably worse than he was last Sunday morning or just more of same. I’m sure they prepare as if he’s there, with #fingers crossed his rapid recovery is complete AFTER Sunday, god bless him.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I read it was his calf on CBS. they write that he hurt it in practice Friday, almost didnt suit on Sunday, and tweaked it again (further?) during the game. They plan to not practice him, “round the clock” treatments, and make game time decision again on Sunday. I pray the young man fully heals by next Tuesday and lives a long glorious life.

But I’d also bet he plays. Apparently he played on it last Sunday, not clear yet it’s he actually worse now or similar.
        Hopefully he doesn’t play. And if he does, he’s not as effective.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
          Looks like Josh Jacobs tweaked his hammy again against the seahawks. Should be less pressure on our porous run-D.
          Tweaked his calf on that 86 yard walk off run.? He looked fine. Or great actually

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If he was a Charger he’d be out a minimum of 4 games

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
              Don’t forget Tillery. He wants to make Spanos eat shit and die.
              'Cause he's an ungrateful prick? Spanos paid him 1sr rd money that he never deserved or earned.
              Staley cut his worthless ass.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                Ugh...don't like the thought of Tillery singing like a stool pidgeon to the Raider coaches and players about all our O-line weaknesses, Herbie's habits, and our playbook...
                Not sure Tillery knows anything they don’t see on tape.
                Topcat Not to worry - I think dmac is right here. I don't think Tillery can tell Raiders coaches much more than they already know. The Raiders and Chargers play each other twice per season. There isn't much that either side doesn't know about each other in terms of strengths, weaknesses, plays, etc.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  They're going to keep him out of practice all week and keep their fingers crossed he's healed enough to play Sunday. Not conducive to having a big game.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

We all miss Marty....
                    I miss John Butler, not Marty.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

The Raiders are making personnel moves in their secondary, bringing up guys from their practice squad. This is where they are most vulnerable IMO - the back end of the defense. Their DB group might be the weakest in the league.

I'm really hoping Mike Will can return for this game, because I don't think the Raiders will be able to slow down the Chargers' passing attack if Herbert has everybody back.

The Raiders' pass defense is 26th overall. Their defense is giving up 25.1 points per game - also 26th - but they've played the bottom three scoring offenses (Broncos x 2, Texans, Colts) four times in 11 games.

I know some here tremble at the thought of Maxx Crosby, but the Raiders' defense is dead last in QB sacks, with 16 in 11 games. They have just 4 INTs all season, tied for 30th worst.

Herbert could have his best day passing yet, especially if MW plays.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        The Raiders are making personnel moves in their secondary, bringing up guys from their practice squad. This is where they are most vulnerable IMO - the back end of the defense. Their DB group might be the weakest in the league.

I'm really hoping Mike Will can return for this game, because I don't think the Raiders will be able to slow down the Chargers' passing attack if Herbert has everybody back.

The Raiders' pass defense is 26th overall. Their defense is giving up 25.1 points per game - also 26th - but they've played the bottom three scoring offenses (Broncos x 2, Texans, Colts) four times in 11 games.

I know some here tremble at the thought of Maxx Crosby, but the Raiders' defense is dead last in QB sacks, with 16 in 11 games. They have just 4 INTs all season, tied for 30th worst.

We are going to need a big day out of Herbert. He seems healthy now which is big and even without MW I feel good about KA, Palmer and Carter with a dose of Everett. I also want to see Stone Smartt get some targets. He is potentially a Parham replacement. I haven’t even mentioned EK. Maybe Kelley and Ek can do enough on the ground to keep the Raiders guessing. Offense will need to play big on Sunday.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I would just have the TE and RB taking turns chipping or doubling up with the RT on Maxx ALL GAME LONG...either that, or a lot of roll outs by Herbie AWAY from Crosby...

Comment

Working...
                          X