Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I miss John Butler, not Marty.
    During Raider week you have got to miss Marty. He owned them and it was intentional

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I would just have the TE and RB taking turns chipping or doubling up with the RT on Maxx ALL GAME LONG...either that, or a lot of roll outs by Herbie AWAY from Crosby...
      Crosby has 10.5 sacks this season. The rest of the Raiders' defense has 5.5. So yeah, take away Crosby and you've pretty much neutered the Raiders' pass D. Chandler Jones has been useless - .5 sacks. They'll probably try to get pressure up the middle with Tillery; I hope Linsley can play.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

During Raider week you have got to miss Marty. He owned them and it was intentional
        It was personal for Marty. He hated losing to the Raiders.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

The Chargers have had trouble stopping the run lately. But not as much trouble as the Seahawks. The 'Hawks have been giving up 5.4 yds per carry in their last 3 games. That is tied with two other teams for worst in the league. That helps explain Josh Jacobs' big day against the 'Hawks on Sunday.

The Chargers have been giving up 4.9 yds per carry over their last three games - which is an improvement over their season-long average of 5.4 yds per.

The Raiders are 12th in run defense, giving up 4.3 yds per carry. But over their last three games, they have given up 4.5 yds per carry.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Topcat Not to worry - I think dmac is right here. I don't think Tillery can tell Raiders coaches much more than they already know. The Raiders and Chargers play each other twice per season. There isn't much that either side doesn't know about each other in terms of strengths, weaknesses, plays, etc.
            Maybe the Raiders should be worried about how much we know about Tillery and how to exploit his weaknesses. Maybe we will be happy to see Tillery in the game

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Maybe the Raiders should be worried about how much we know about Tillery and how to exploit his weaknesses. Maybe we will be happy to see Tillery in the game
              Tillery advising the Raiders is a plus for us.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I miss John Butler, not Marty.
                Butler cut two of our best players, Rodney and Junior.in 2002, Both played 7 more years. The hit man won two SB rings w/NE.
                Junior made a huge tackle for loss on Turner the Burner to keep us TD-less in our AFC Championship loss v NE.
                Butler/ AJ had two very good drafts that had a few exciting years, no trophys.
                I liked Marty more. Terrific relationship with players, LT..especially. Marty's 14-2 record in 2006 was the Chargers best reg season in history.
                Winning seemed like a habit then.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Butler cut two of our best players, Rodney and Junior.in 2002, Both played 7 more years. The hit man won two SB rings w/NE.
                  Junior made a huge tackle for loss on Turner the Burner to keep us TD-less in our AFC Championship loss v NE.
                  Butler/ AJ had two very good drafts that had a few exciting years, no trophys.
                  I liked Marty more. Terrific relationship with players, LT..especially. Marty's 14-2 record in 2006 was the Chargers best reg season in history.
                  Winning seemed like a habit then.
                  Wade Phillips, Cam Cameron, and of course Butler deserve the credit. Marty was a conservative fossil who’s best years were behind him.

Redskins fired his ass. I followed his tragic stint with the Skins and wrote a letter to Spanos that he would regret hiring him.

if he was the best thing since sliced bread how come he couldn’t get another FL HC job?

AJ couldn’t stand him for good reasons but I’m not interested in relitigating it so if you guys want to hero worship him for being a lucky SOB who had the most talented squad ever in Chargers history and great subordinate coaches feel free.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Hard to believe Mr. Dinky has the best OT winning percentage in league history.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Hard to believe Mr. Dinky has the best OT winning percentage in league history.
                        His handoff to Jacobs was text book QB HOF material.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Redskins fired his ass. I followed his tragic stint with the Skins and wrote a letter to Spanos that he would regret hiring him.
                          You should research your material first. Daniel Snyder's decision to fire Marty after one season is considered one of the stupidest owner decisions in the history of the league, and is one of the reasons Snyder is regarded as a complete joke.

Marty was 8-8 in his one year as the Washington's head coach. Daniel Snyder became enamored with with Steve Spurrier when Spurrier suddenly resigned from Florida and fired Marty in order to hire Spurrier. Spurrier was a complete and total disaster, going 12-20 in two seasons before getting fired.

Marty took over the Chargers and went 47-33 in five seasons. Snyder has since admitted that firing Marty was one of the biggest mistakes he's made as an owner.

Comment

Working...
                          X