Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    You should research your material first. Daniel Snyder's decision to fire Marty after one season is considered one of the stupidest owner decisions in the history of the league, and is one of the reasons Snyder is regarded as a complete joke.

Marty was 8-8 in his one year as the Washington's head coach. Daniel Snyder became enamored with with Steve Spurrier when Spurrier suddenly resigned from Florida and fired Marty in order to hire Spurrier. Spurrier was a complete and total disaster, going 12-20 in two seasons before getting fired.

Marty took over the Chargers and went 47-33 in five seasons. Snyder has since admitted that firing Marty was one of the biggest mistakes he's made as an owner.
    Cleveland, KC and Chargers. All he did was win. Just not the big one.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This can't be possible. No one else with more than one? Double team him every single play, regardless if it is true or not.
      Full player stats for the 2023 Regular Season Las Vegas Raiders on ESPN. Includes team leaders in passing, rushing, tackles and interceptions.

Check for yourself

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Wade Phillips, Cam Cameron, and of course Butler deserve the credit. Marty was a conservative fossil who’s best years were behind him.

Redskins fired his ass. I followed his tragic stint with the Skins and wrote a letter to Spanos that he would regret hiring him.

if he was the best thing since sliced bread how come he couldn’t get another FL HC job?

AJ couldn’t stand him for good reasons but I’m not interested in relitigating it so if you guys want to hero worship him for being a lucky SOB who had the most talented squad ever in Chargers history and great subordinate coaches feel free.
        You lost a lot of credibility with this post. A lot!
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Wade Phillips, Cam Cameron, and of course Butler deserve the credit. Marty was a conservative fossil who’s best years were behind him.

Redskins fired his ass. I followed his tragic stint with the Skins and wrote a letter to Spanos that he would regret hiring him.

if he was the best thing since sliced bread how come he couldn’t get another FL HC job?

AJ couldn’t stand him for good reasons but I’m not interested in relitigating it so if you guys want to hero worship him for being a lucky SOB who had the most talented squad ever in Chargers history and great subordinate coaches feel free.
          No "worship" involved. I just like winning.
          When we had Marty he was #10 most career wins, #7 win %, #4 among active coaches, #5 most seasons in playoffs.
          You don't like him, that's your problem.

ps: I should add, I really enjoyed attending practices when he was there. He worked with all the position groups and you could see how much they respected and liked him. 14-2 Marty was impressive in many ways.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This can't be possible. No one else with more than one? Double team him every single play, regardless if it is true or not.
            Max had 0 sacks vs LAC game 1, '22. We handled him well then.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
              Let's do this!
              • Aug 2022
              • Raleigh N. Carolina
              • Send PM

I ran into Marty and his wife at the Super Bowl in Miami, they were decked out head to toe in Chiefs gear and my drunken buddy yelled "MARVE!"

Lol they were super gracious and stopped for a pic (my cardboard camera)

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Raiders season isn’t over but we can basically end it on Sunday. Need to return the favor

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Chargers/Dolphins game on Dec. 11th Sunday night has been flexed. Prime time baby!

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Max had 0 sacks vs LAC game 1, '22. We handled him well then.
                    We also had a healthy OL. Things are going to be different with Clapp at center and Farrell at RT.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We also had a healthy OL. Things are going to be different with Clapp at center and Farrell at RT.
                      He had 2 sacks vs Norton last year. Split the difference.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                        Chargers/Dolphins game on Dec. 11th Sunday night has been flexed. Prime time baby!
                        This got me really excited.
                        Acho has front row seats....
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                          Raiders playing better with two OT wins in a row
                          maybe McDaniels is righting the ship

Just like the AZ game - figure out how to win the game =- whatver it takes

Grantede, stopping Jacobs and figuring out how to block Crosby are two of the keys

But just get the win

Pats play the Bills - that could help the Chargers

Fish play the Niners - tough one

Jets at Minnesota - that could help the Bolts

So just win the game
                          If they get greedy and stupid and let carr pass the ball alot, we will win because he is consistently inaccurte when it counts..... if raiders smartly stick with the run against our extremely horrible run defense they willl win.....

Comment

Working...
                          X