Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We can’t do it because we have a shitty sieve of a defense thx to to Staley.
    Yeah, and we don't commit to running the football because our team-building philosophy is to have a great quarterback and make him win games by throwing it 45-50 times, even when he isn't protected.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We can’t do it because we have a shitty sieve of a defense thx to to Staley.
      My initial reaction to hiring Staley was that he didn't have enough experience and just because he coached a defense with Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey - doesn't mean he was ready for the head coaching job. Especially with the history of the chargers and first time head coaches

I bought the hype for a bit of time - he fooled me
      He is in over his head.

Now do I think if he had been a DC fora few years with the Rams he would have been better prepared - yes'
      Daboll was sitting right there

The guy I wanted was Jim caldwell

I think both would have been better.

Both also had a history with Telesco

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Yeah, and we don't commit to running the football because our team-building philosophy is to have a great quarterback and make him win games by throwing it 45-50 times, even when he isn't protected.
        Chargers were down 17-13 at the 35 yard line and it was 2nd and 5. That is kind of no mans land. Long FG or a short punt or you go for it
        Lombo dials up two pass plays in a row. I was watching and thinking - keep running the ball - you got 5 in first down - try to get more on 2nd and third
        Two incompletes and the horrible decision to try a 52 yarder FG that immediately switched field position

Zero commitment to running the ball

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

MIA. PHI. BUF.
          Killer trades.
          Many of them.
          Our front office philosophy is entirely different.

Purdy and company put up 33 to MIA's 17. SF outcoached MIA. We will compete next Sunday.

Chargers game was one of 6 one score games this weekend. MIAs was not.
          The Chargers live and die by 7 points or less. 5 of our 6 wins were by 7 or less. 4 of our 6 losses were by 7 or less. So one win by 7+ and two losses by 7+. Call it what you will but we live and die by the sword so to speak.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

He's not a true #1 running back. He's never rushed for 1,000 yards in a season. He has one 100-yard rushing game this season. We were spoiled with LaDainain Tomlinson, but we need a better running back for the ground game to take some pressure off of Herbert. Ryan Mathews was that guy in 2013, and Melvin Gordon was in 2018, and we went to the playoffs both of those years. This offseason we need to find a running back who can do it for at least the next five seasons of Herbert's career.
            You know I dont think you are wrong. Ekler is a very good player and a nice weapon to have as a pass catch back or part of a one/two punch like he was with Gordon at the begnning but he is not a true #1 RB who can run inside, punish tacklers as the game goes on and take over a game or run out the clock. as you say he has never had one 1000 yard season.

It might be why je has never made the Pro Bowl despite some gaudy TD and pass catch stats

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

wu's patented orange alert truth bombs:

With 14:44 left in the game
              TPB decided LAC was eliminated from the playoffs.
              The game was decided on the final play.
              Tua was doubled up on the scoreboard
              By a quarterback named "Purdy."
              If we beat MIA next week
              We will be one game behind MIA,
              With the tiebreaker.

Proud to be a Pollyanna from Muskogee...
              Looks like SJD suffered a season ending injury. The season is over.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

No mercy for Chargers and their fans

i mean even Austin Johnson and SJD are both gone for the season now

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

No mercy for Chargers and their fans

i mean even Austin Johnson and SJD are both gone for the season now
                  Its okay its not like we were going to make the playoffs. Once we are eliminated this season from the playoffs, from that point on I will only be referring to Brandon Staley as Brandon Goley.

Brandon Goley has never one time during any of these loses said. "I Needed to do a better Job" Not once.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Holy hell
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Ekeler dropped a touchdown.
                      His fumble was game changing.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Ekeler dropped a touchdown.
                        His fumbled was game changing.
                        Ek always plays bad in must win games, otherwise he's good.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

The team is a COMPLETE mess right now. They have nothing left. Just playing out the string. Hopefully all losses, with the result being a total house cleaning.

Hard decisions will have to be made regarding player personnel, too. Mack, Linsley, KA...all aging and probably not part of any winning culture of the future. There isn't one area of this team, save starting QB, that does NOT need to be addressed.

The next 2-3 years are probably going to be difficult to watch as the roster is torn down and rebuilt. Not a quick fix type situation. Contracts will have to be restructured and, failing that, some surprise veteran cuts will have to be made. There are maybe 10-15 'untouchables' currently on the roster; everyone else is expendable.

Comment

Working...
                          X