Dolphins @ Chargers Pregame Thread (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

ESPN game simulator has Chargers as the favorite to win.
    I wonder why.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

What a bunch of BS. Poster feel they must root for Chargers to win to prove they are real fans?!!!? SMH. What a load of crap that is. So you can look into fans hearts and feelings from your keyboard and determine why they root for their favorite team.

Fans typically root for their favorite team to win because it's their favorite team. Duh! That the reason I do it.

LOL prove their real fans? LOL.
      You are so delusional with this take. LOL.

I have no issue with you rooting for a collapse in hopes it somehow ends up somewhere better. I just disagree with that opinion.
      Good for you, Critty. You're so awesome. Like I said, in another post: It's all just opinions. Disagree all you want; that's why we're here. But there have been a number of posts made against my "lose out" posts which have either said, or implied, that "real" fans don't root against their team. And no, I'm not going to spend time digging up those post(s).

Let's just agree to disagree and ignore each other's posts. At least, that's what I'm going to do with you. One less Pollyanna to endure.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

To hope for your team to lose out is ridiculous. This weekend's game could mean tie-breaker for the last playoff spot.
        There are no truly dominant teams this year. As we've seen... game after game... year after year... any team can beat/lose to any other team.
        Make the playoffs... get healthy... get hot at the end. This is elementary!

Hoping that Staley or Telesco get fired at season's end is futile... find a different hobby.
        The GM had great off season moves... and has drafted pretty well the last 3 seasons. The coach is trying to transform a 4-3 defense into a 3-4. Firing him after 2 years is stupid and counter-productive.
        No GM is perfect. No coach is perfect. But then... most of you have been watching football for decades... so you know that already.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

I actually have a good feeling about this game, that the Chargers are going to play a good game and pull it off on Sunday...IF Linsley and a couple of guys are back playing

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            To hope for your team to lose out is ridiculous. This weekend's game could mean tie-breaker for the last playoff spot.
            There are no truly dominant teams this year. As we've seen... game after game... year after year... any team can beat/lose to any other team.

Hoping that Staley or Telesco get fired at season's end is futile... find a different hobby.
            The GM had great off season moves... and has drafted pretty well the last 3 seasons. The coach is trying to transform a 4-3 defense into a 3-4. Firing him after 2 years is stupid and counter-productive.
            No GM is perfect. No coach is perfect. But then... most of you have been watching football for decades... so you know that already.
            POD ?

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Without a healthy Bosa we are Kha Kha! With that said I think Bosa either needs to restructure his contract or we trade him for whatever we can get. Why? Well could you imagine what we could have spent on other players this season... He is no longer a marketing tool for ticket sales for charger games if he's always injured one way or another. Can you really justify paying somebody 1/7th of our football Budget. The problem with the Chargers is they cling to expensive players way to long past their prime.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

To expect a different result from the same approach is ridiculous. That definition of insanity again. Still can't fathom people are still talking playoffs (LOL!) after the Raider game fiasco.

There are a number of teams who would trash the Chargers in the playoffs; they are not "at parity" with this Charger's squad. Making excuses for the coaching staff and the FO is Pollyanna-ism at it's best. You, Velo and Critty make a great trio.

Nobody said anyone - GM, coach, or player - has to be "perfect". But is this REALLY the best you think this team can do (in regards to coaching and FO)?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I look at it like this we are fans but some fans are 2/3rds critics and 1/3 fans in how they present in posts. To me the time to be a critic is between games and the off-season and on game day it's time to root for the team I'm emotionally invested in. If your a believer in the collective unconscious, all the negative works against the team while they are playing. So sending positive mojo to the team on GameDay matters in my opinion and I like to think I have some inside knowledge on this as I benefited from allot of good positive mojo from many of you when I was fighting cancer. That said we all have the right to be both fans and critics but I think it crosses a line if you root against the team because you want the coach GM or a coordinator fired.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Without a healthy Bosa we are Kha Kha! With that said I think Bosa either needs to restructure his contract or we trade him for whatever we can get. Why? Well could you imagine what we could have spent on other players this season... He is no longer a marketing tool for ticket sales for charger games if he's always injured one way or another. Can you really justify paying somebody 1/7th of our football Budget. The problem with the Chargers is they cling to expensive players way to long past their prime.
                    I think it's the opposite problem
                    They give up too much early on young players

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Hmmm

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

I think its fair to acknowledge that we still have decent chance at the playoffs but question if its worthwhile in the long run to get the 7 seed when we know (1) the odds of actually getting to the Superbowl having to face something like KC/BUF/CIN all on the road are extremely low and (2) making the playoffs likely means at least Staley, and maybe the whole coaching staff, is back next year. I'd love to see a Chargers playoff game and would be weirdly confident playing @KC if we're healthier but this team is not winning the Super Bowl this year. There's some value in just getting to the playoffs and experiencing that environment/level of preparation, but I'm not sure its more valuable than the significant changes to the coaching staff/roster that would likely come if we miss the playoffs again.

If I got to choose between (A) making the playoffs and winning one playoff game (likely against KC) before bowing out and then keeping Telesco/Staley/Lombardi, versus (B) missing the playoffs and getting Sean Payton/new GM/new defensive scheme, I think I choose the latter.

Comment

• SK21209
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2020
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

They're right, Tyreek Hill was wide open all game. Tua just wasn't able to deliver the ball under pressure, he's one of the worst QBs in the league facing pressure. I'll be surprised if we give up less than 28 on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                          X