JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I follow the team closely, and I think they will trade for an RB or a CB by the deadline. It will depend on where the team stands after week 7 or 8.
    We already signed a CB. Which RBs are available that would help us?

When is the deadline?

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

We already signed a CB. Which RBs are available that would help us?

When is the deadline?
      I mean a CB who is a starter not a scrub. I'm hoping the Bears will make RB Khalil Herbert available if they have just one or two wins at the trade deadline, which is Oct. 31.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

I mean a CB who is a starter not a scrub. I'm hoping the Bears will make RB Khalil Herbert available if they have just one or two wins at the trade deadline, which is Oct. 31.
        Sorry but if he's a starter why would the team trade him? CB is an important position. They only way that happens is if a loser team with no hope wants more draft picks.
        Don't know a thing about Khaiil Herbert. But if our O line could block Ekeler and Kelly would do just fine. Running into brick walls has never worked for any RB.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Sorry but if he's a starter why would the team trade him? CB is an important position. They only way that happens is if a loser team with no hope wants more draft picks.
          Exactly, and if the player is on the last year of his contract. All of which is the case for the Giants' Adoree Jackson.

Don't know a thing about Khaiil Herbert. But if our O line could block Ekeler and Kelly would do just fine. Running into brick walls has never worked for any RB.
          Ekeler does fine behind our OL. It's Kelley and Spiller who don't. Kelley is a #3 on the depth chart talent. The Chargers need a #2 if they hope to have any consistency running the ball. Herbert was a 6th rnd draft pick for the Bears in 2021 and has played above his draft position - 5.3 ypc career average. The Bears drafted a 4th rnd RB who is playing well for them. Herbert is expendable and if the Bears are out of playoff contention at the deadline they will have an incentive to move Herbert. Herbert would be a perfect fit on the depth chart between Ekeler and Kelley. Spiller and Dotson can to go the PS where they belong.

Checkout the latest stats for Khalil Herbert. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

I don't understand it either. Did you read that article I posted above? It does pump Callahan up quite a bit, but it doesn't seem to make sense that he has gone unsigned.

Yes, I looked at it. The Sun is a British tabloid; I didn't realize it now has a US edition. Still, it's good to see Callahan recognized. Van Noy was out there for a long time too, but he was eventually signed.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I follow the team closely, and I think they will trade for an RB or a CB by the deadline. It will depend on where the team stands after week 7 or 8.
              The key word in my point was major. It's not the Charger way to make big in season splashes. We already picked up a CB and Ekeler is coming back. The team always seems content to give our depth a chance to step up. We also simply cannot take on any big cap space so if we do anything, it will be a minor move and unless we have lose someone to injury I kind of see them standing pat like they usually do. Not saying I agree with that approach, it's just the way they operate.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The key word in my point was major. It's not the Charger way to make big in season splashes. We already picked up a CB and Ekeler is coming back. The team always seems content to give our depth a chance to step up. We also simply cannot take on any big cap space so if we do anything, it will be a minor move and unless we have lose someone to injury I kind of see them standing pat like they usually do. Not saying I agree with that approach, it's just the way they operate.
                and don't forget there's always poaching off of someone else's practice squad!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

If people think the team is going to make a major move before the trade deadline, either buying or selling, they haven't followed the team closely.
                  I can see Telesco being a bit more aggressive this year at the deadline if they are at least 4-4. He has nothing to lose because one would think his job is on the line
                  Same with Staley

But - say the team is 2-6 at the deadline, which is the day after the Jets game - I do not htink the Spanii would do a fire sale - they would just sit back and do nothing and "let the season play out"

My example of trading a first round pick above was a bit hyperbolic - but I can see Telesco pushing some chips. To me, they need to beat either the Cowboys or Chiefs to prove them might be a solid team. Losing to KC and Dallas and beating Chicago and the Jets proves nothing.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

We already picked up a CB
                    Special teamer.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

I would not play anymore for that clown Staley either.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Good he’s off the team.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                          Let's do this!
                          • Aug 2022
                          • Raleigh N. Carolina
                          • Send PM

By the time last Sunday rolled around, it was clear the Los Angeles Chargers and cornerback J.C. Jackson were headed for a divorce.
                          The situation was not working, Jackson was not playing, and the defense was performing better without him on the field.

Before the Chargers traded their one-time free-agent prize to New England -- where Jackson began his career -- there was one last straw: Sources say Jackson repeatedly refused to go into the game against the Raiders on Oct. 1, standing on the sideline with his shoes untied even when a teammate was banged up and needed to come off the field.

Comment

Working...
                          X