JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

BB already won the trade. He gets a CB he's familiar with and had playing at an All Pro level back for a late round pick swap in 2025 and 1.5 mil guaranteed. That's about as risk free as it gets while the Chargers will be paying up for a while.

I don't think JCJ will ever be a top end player again because of his knee but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a solid starter level CB2 back with BB. He knows how to use him.
    if JCJ plays there like he played here, thats not a win for NE. we shall see.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Clears it up for me just fine....and absolutely true. I honestly don't know why people are so surprised...this crap happens all the time in this league...FA is almost no better than a coin flip.

And for those of you who think if he goes to NE, and succeeds, that means we screwed up...baloney...that just means JC woke up, realized he is embarrassed by the whole deal...and decided to rededicate himself to his football career, like he did the first 5 years in the league...after, of course, he flaked out on us....like so many high level FAs before him, who got paid, and then started coasting...add to that the big injury, and then after he tried to come back, played like trash, and got benched...he started crying. We don't need that. WE got screwed by JC...TT, Staley, his teammates, AND us fans...it is all on JC...
      sound words, but good luck selling them around here.

I wouldn't say JC screwed us, he just didn't / couldn't deliver what we all thought we bought. I agree with the theory that the downhill all traces back to that foot thing, nothing ever went right after that.

I am 99% sure that nothing in Staley's coaching caused him to become unable to play 1x1 press man coverage. There is no fucking coaching in that for a veteran, its either dude can or dude can't - period.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Is Tom Brady also walking back in that door to play QB?

I understand the cheap cost, I understand it didn't work out with the Chargers but Mac Jones is still the Patriots QB. Or that Zappe kid

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

sound words, but good luck selling them around here.

I wouldn't say JC screwed us, he just didn't / couldn't deliver what we all thought we bought. I agree with the theory that the downhill all traces back to that foot thing, nothing ever went right after that.

I am 99% sure that nothing in Staley's coaching caused him to become unable to play 1x1 press man coverage. There is no fucking coaching in that for a veteran, its either dude can or dude can't - period.
          I will disagree on one point...JC did screw us...though he probably thought he wasn't...I'm not saying he figured he got paid, so he could just lay down completely...but he lost, dare I say it "the eye of the tiger"...had he maintained the discipline and effort he used to ascend in NE...the dedication and work habits that made him one of the best corners in the league...gave it his all, so to speak...I doubt he would be going anywhere. I think I got a pretty good read on Staley, as a person...he pretty much wears his personality on his sleeve...and a player, even through some adversity, who is giving their best effort...all in, so to speak, is a guy Staley would fight to keep on the team. Just my gut feeling. Staley has made in game blunders, been stubborn about schemes, and been strategically beaten in some games...but one thing he is, is a coach the players respect and can relate to...the outlier is JC. He chose his pride, over buying in and dedicating himself fully to a team that was paying him crazy money...and then took it public. Because Staley had the balls to put him in street cloths when he couldn't cover shit...I side with Staley all the way.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• rensoul
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

He may or may not. The fact is they get to find out for 1.5 mil and late round 2025 pick swap.
            The Chargers will be paying him exponentially more as in almost 40 mil and will have the dead cap hits to deal with.

BB basically just took a late round flier on him and can cut him with zero dead cap at the end of the year if
            he doesn't like what he sees. This is the same coach that helped him go from undrafted to an All Pro player.
            There is very low risk vs high reward value in this trade whether or not the player returns to form or not.

How that is not a win for NE and somehow a better deal for the Chargers is a mystery.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Fucker’s gone, moving on.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2023
                • Send PM

Clears it up for me just fine....and absolutely true. I honestly don't know why people are so surprised...this crap happens all the time in this league...FA is almost no better than a coin flip.

And for those of you who think if he goes to NE, and succeeds, that means we screwed up...baloney...that just means JC woke up, realized he is embarrassed by the whole deal...and decided to rededicate himself to his football career, like he did the first 5 years in the league...after, of course, he flaked out on us....like so many high level FAs before him, who got paid, and then started coasting...add to that the big injury, and then after he tried to come back, played like trash, and got benched...he started crying. We don't need that. WE got screwed by JC...TT, Staley, his teammates, AND us fans...it is all on JC...
                By all accounts, he worked his ass off to come back from the patella injury last year.

Rededicate himself to his football career?

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I will disagree on one point...JC did screw us...though he probably thought he wasn't...I'm not saying he figured he got paid, so he could just lay down completely...but he lost, dare I say it "the eye of the tiger"...had he maintained the discipline and effort he used to ascend in NE...the dedication and work habits that made him one of the best corners in the league...gave it his all, so to speak...I doubt he would be going anywhere. I think I got a pretty good read on Staley, as a person...he pretty much wears his personality on his sleeve...and a player, even through some adversity, who is giving their best effort...all in, so to speak, is a guy Staley would fight to keep on the team. Just my gut feeling. Staley has made in game blunders, been stubborn about schemes, and been strategically beaten in some games...but one thing he is, is a coach the players respect and can relate to...the outlier is JC. He chose his pride, over buying in and dedicating himself fully to a team that was paying him crazy money...and then took it public. Because Staley had the balls to put him in street cloths when he couldn't cover shit...I side with Staley all the way.
                  Garrett & Craig answer your burning questions plus we rip on some bad tweets.

thats3 basically it according to the LRP guys who claim to have insider knowledge.
                  JCJ didn't have faith in Staley and Ansley's scheme and would ask to play more Man and freelance. Both Staley and Ansley couldn't trust a guy who didn't respect them as coaches.
                  I side with Staley but they're not free of blame.
                  It was unwise to play him without a pitch count against Tyreek Hill with no safety help.
                  I'm tempted to opine that Staley pulled him too quickly in Tennessee but maybe that's when the above happened in real time. My analogy is when I pull the plug on my kid's plans when they start acting up and don't redirect after a fair warning. Okay bad analogy.
                  2024: Far From Over

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I wouldn't say JCJ "coasted" after getting paid.
                    It seems to me that he simply had a bit of irreverence towards Staley who in his opinion didn't know how to use him.
                    vs an accomplished, "GOAT" in Bill where he playe and thrived under. Easy to blame the new coach who hasn't won anything. It's also a way to justify what Bruce Lee calls, "not emptying your cup"..
                    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I wouldn't say JCJ "coasted" after getting paid.
                      It seems to me that he simply had a bit of irreverence towards Staley who in his opinion didn't know how to use him.
                      vs an accomplished, "GOAT" in Bill where he playe and thrived under. Easy to blame the new coach who hasn't won anything. It's also a way to justify what Bruce Lee calls, "not emptying your cup"..
                      I'd agree with this.
                      And you don't coast and come back from the injury he had as soon as he did.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

JCJ can ball. The injury interfered with his game.
                        The issue really was some very poor team hurting sloppy football by Jackson that help the opponent. And Staley said NO. Tighten up your game. And then when JCJ whined about it, Staley said GTFOOH we paid you to lead and do work not to play sloppy careless football. Belicheck is on panic mode and added him. I would be surprised if it made any difference for his team. Brady and Gronk in their prime are not showing up to save him.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

We are at a major pressure point at this moment.
                          EVERYTHING could go in entirely opposite directions.
                          It is far too important to play the system.
                          We must play team defense.
                          The simple fact is that Zont just beat out JCJ for snaps on the outside.
                          Staley knows his coaching career is on the line.
                          He has something specific in mind.
                          That includes the big picture.
                          And the future of this franchise.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X