• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Last week...The vibe at Qualcomm felt like a funeral... I was there (I'm not trying to name drop) but yah....It was sad & the Chargers even played the appropriate music

Comment

• Sec-E4
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2014
      • Arizona
      • Send PM

Everyone had watery eyes

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

Thank you Fleet and all the other mods for making this place "the place" to discuss Charger football. Honestly, I never thought the day would come that this decision would have to be made. That said, I like your idea to maintain a Charger based community for those that will stick around. I may down-grade to lurker status and I will no longer be able to watch every game, but there are some good people here that I'd like to touch base with from time to time. Might I suggest a 19th hole? Or, maybe bring back "Fight Club"?

Fuck LA and Fuck the Spanii!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Savage Lizard
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Big Bear
          • Self-employed property manager.
          • Send PM

I also echo THANKS FLEET!

I would probably stick around at least initially and hang out in the other subforums. Padres definitely, perhaps some others. As for the Chargers, it will be scorched earth for me. I will have nothing to do with the L.A. Chargers, including any forums that deal with them. Fuck the L.A. Chargers, fuck Spanos.

Comment

• FiftyFive
            Dean Spanos is a traitor!
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

How about a "Screw the Spanii" forum where we can mock that pathetic family's failed attempt to strike it rich in LA? If those leeches manage to successfully force the team out of town, I'd assume most of us would be more interested in rooting against them than for the team.
            Last edited by FiftyFive; 01-03-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
              How about a "Screw the Spanii" forum where we can mock that pathetic family's failed attempt to strike it rich in LA? If those leeches manage to successfully force the team out of town, I'd assume most of us would be more interested in rooting against them than for the team.
              You might get me to stick around for this idea.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

I've been a die hard fan since 78 but I'm not from San Diego. Please keep this going

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                  You might get me to stick around for this idea.
                  I thought we already have that?
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    LOL ...too bad they're not moving to Colorado

Hey, did you attend the game today?
                    I wouldn't want them to move to Colorado. The Chargers are a so cal team, as long as they stay there I'll root for them.

I did not attend the game today, it's my wife's birthday and we had family in town to celebrate.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TABF
                      Por debajo del promedio
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoCal
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      I wouldn't want them to move to Colorado. The Chargers are a so cal team, as long as they stay there I'll root for them.

I did not attend the game today, it's my wife's birthday and we had family in town to celebrate.
                      They have never been a SoCal Team. They have been a San Diego Team for 99.5% of their existence. Most non SD County people in SoCal have another team and the Chargers are embraced by very few outside of SD County. The Spanos claim 25% comes from outside of SD, I call BS.

For non San Diegans, this isn't a big deal and I get and respect that, but for the majority of fans it is a H U G E deal.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                        They have never been a SoCal Team. They have been a San Diego Team for 99.5% of their existence. Most non SD County people in SoCal have another team and the Chargers are embraced by very few outside of SD County. The Spanos claim 25% comes from outside of SD, I call BS.

For non San Diegans, this isn't a big deal and I get and respect that, but for the majority of fans it is a H U G E deal.
                        They might be a SD team but I'm a So Cal person. I was born in San Diego adopted in SD and lived there for a bit.
                        Moved to LA but my birth parents and grandparents lived in SD, I was an LA kid with SD roots.

Driving almost 3 hours to see the Chargers is what we did. Then we drove 2-3 hours home.

So the fact that they might move a few hours up the road means little to me. I have always had to travel for this team and as long as they stay in the same area of my youth I will be a fan
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

Oh good, I thought maybe you had Nickelback tickets
                          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X