• Show
Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

I don't know if I can separate Spanos from the team. I still don't know where I'm at. I've been on board for 38 years, now I just don't know.

But if the decision is made to redesign the forum, I'll at least stick around to provide the facelift.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      Oh good, I thought maybe you had Nickelback tickets
      Nah, sold those to your Mom

(Really that was the best you could come up with?)
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I havent lived in SD since 96 and i dont get down there very often anymore but its still the homwtown team that i grew up with and been a fan of since as long as i can remember which are the Hadl, Mike Garrett days. So i dont like them moving to LA as i dispise all LA teams. I think id be MORE ok with them leaving if Spanos sold the team. They will never win shit with them as owners and ive just had enough of them. Maybe....i dont now how id feel then either but i think some relief would be safe to say.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          "Fuckthebolts.com"?
          Clearly the only option.

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            I wouldn't want them to move to Colorado. The Chargers are a so cal team, as long as they stay there I'll root for them.
            The Chargers are an American team - they play in America. Why would you care if they moved to Colorado? Then you won't have to travel as far to see them.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

I'm going to be honest here.

If the Chargers do leave, this board should be kept up to keep the memory of the San Diego Chargers alive.

If you want to bring in LA fans that's fine, but at least leave a piece of this dedicated to the memories we all have of when we actually mattered, and were not considered a suburb of Los Angeles.
              sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

I'm not sure how I'll be affected fan-wise. I've considered switching to another team, but I don't think so.

I'm not very happy with the NFL in general. It seems to be a corrupt, money grubbing, dishonest league, and honestly, if I had any real strong convictions, I'd stop watching altogether.

But, I'll probably still continue to follow the league. And if that happens, which is most likely, I'll get sucked into cheering for the Chargers.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                  I'm not sure how I'll be affected fan-wise. I've considered switching to another team, but I don't think so.

I'm not very happy with the NFL in general. It seems to be a corrupt, money grubbing, dishonest league, and honestly, if I had any real strong convictions, I'd stop watching altogether.

But, I'll probably still continue to follow the league. And if that happens, which is most likely, I'll get sucked into cheering for the Chargers.
                  This should be how we ALL feel (because it's true, IMO).

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    This should be how we ALL feel (because it's true, IMO).
                    I was saying this to my brother last night, via text. And while we were texting, I got sucked into the end of the GB/Minn games.

Which is why I say, I'll probably end up following anyway...because the games can be so fun. It's still a fun game to watch (at times).
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Wheels
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • San Diego
                      • Send PM

Thanks Fleet, SuperCharger, captaind,current and past mods for all you have done for us. I agree that it's the people here that make this place special. My only concern about remaining on the board and the board remaining dedicated to the Chargers is that once they move, the Chargers are 100% the enemy team for myself and many of us San Diegans who post here. This is going to create a strange dynamic. Instead of a common rooting interest there will be a divide. Personally, I'll check in and see what's going on, and I'll refrain from talking shit about the LA Taints, but it's hard to predict what will happen on this forum with such a mix of emotions. I just hope it doesn't devolve and take the decorum into the gutter.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                        Thanks Fleet, SuperCharger, captaind,current and past mods for all you have done for us. I agree that it's the people here that make this place special. My only concern about remaining on the board and the board remaining dedicated to the Chargers is that once they move, the Chargers are 100% the enemy team for myself and many of us San Diegans who post here. This is going to create a strange dynamic. Instead of a common rooting interest there will be a divide. Personally, I'll check in and see what's going on, and I'll refrain from talking shit about the LA Taints, but it's hard to predict what will happen on this forum with such a mix of emotions. I just hope it doesn't devolve and take the decorum into the gutter.
                        Interesting take, and not without a considerable amount of merit, IMO. For all their 'evil-ness', I still wouldn't root for a Manning-, Brady-, Peterson, or Vick-led team over them. Which isn't saying much, of course, because I ALWAYS root against Manning, Brady, Peterson, and Vick, regardless of who they're playing (yes, that includes the Raiders).

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                          Good explanation. This is why I said I would have to leave the site because all I would do would be bad mouthing the team and bringing negativity. That would do nothing good for the site.

Comment

Working...
                          X