• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

As an aside, those 2011-2013 49ers defenses were such a joy to watch. Even in 2014, they were pretty good if I remember correctly. The 2011 NFCCG is still one of my favorite defensive slugfest games that harkens back to the stout defenses of decades prior.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You conveniently ignored Harbaugh’s comments about himself…
      Not that it really matters, but this is what he said:

"It must be true, yeah," Harbaugh said. "Sometimes I'd wear out my welcome."

"What does that mean you wear out your welcome?" Kremer asked.

"They just don't want to be around you after a while," Harbaugh replied.

Was he laughing when he said it? Being sarcastic?

I wonder because this is what he said on the topic elsewhere.

At that point, Harbaugh took a modest shot. He said he did not think he was there long enough to compared with Bill Walsh and George Seifert, but offered up this amusing line: [B]“ut I think we did, and correct me if I’m wrong, but we did set a record for coaching there the longest under the present ownership, if I’m not wrong. So, I take pride in that. Maybe there should be an endurance medal, courage medal for that.”
      ​​
      The former 49ers head coach got a chance to talk about the team’s recent hires in a podcast.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Payton or Harbaugh!Either one is EXACTLY what this losing franchise desperately needs.This off-season will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt if the spanos ilk want to win or cash paychecks.If they stay status quo we need a fan mutiny.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

If Payton can absolutely land Vic as his DC then I can get on board with that.
          I think the world of Vic and could even assume HC if Payton himself can't deliver.
          we'll see.
          https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oaching-return

Sources: Sean Payton eyes Vic Fangio as DC upon coaching return

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I don't think you'll find a head coach who won't have a player or two whine about him. Patrick Willis didn't seem to have a problem with Harbaugh.
            For the SECOND TIME. Why don't you take your man crush on Harbaugh and create your own little thread? I'm tired of hearing about him from you.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

For the SECOND TIME. Why don't you take your man crush on Harbaugh and create your own little thread? I'm tired of hearing about him from you.
              I would actually appreciate a thread about Harbaugh if someone (derwinbosa?) Would start one?
              I'm at a crossroads and open to hearing cases for either.
              We have a Staley thread, now Payton thread, if someone, perhaps and advocate for JH would please start one, I'm open.
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

I already answered that question, Casper. And I couldn't care less if you're tired of it. Not everyone is going to see it your way about Payton. Get over it.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

image.png

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

thread crapping

v. Thread crapping occurs when a person comes into a thread and posts something contrary to the spirit/intent of the thread, often derailing the discussion or turning it into an argument.
                    Coming into a thread titled "Sean Payton , and posting "Jim Harbaugh " is thread crapping.​

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Sean Payton can begin the interview process on Tuesday.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        thread crapping

v. Thread crapping occurs when a person comes into a thread and posts something contrary to the spirit/intent of the thread, often derailing the discussion or turning it into an argument.
                        Coming into a thread titled "Sean Payton , and posting "Jim Harbaugh " is thread crapping.​

I have spoken about Payton and why I don't want him quite a bit in this thread. I have given other alternatives besides Jim Harbaugh. You're just whining.

Comment

• Bolt Doc
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • St. Louis, MO
                          • Send PM

It's laughable to hear people think that Staley will be fired. These people have no insight into how the Chargers organization operates. Must be all the fans that were on-boarded by Herbert.

Next year's schedule is BRUTAL and we are going to nose dive HARD. Best case, Staley is fired January 2024, after the Chargers turn in one of the worst seasons in franchise history.

Comment

Working...
                          X