• Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    no thank you to Payton.... let him go coach the Donks,
    Cool, so we can look up at Reid and Payton for another decade while we go thru the McCoys and Staleys of the league.

Pretty on brand for us, though.

Fuck trying to win!
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

No. He's more of a product of personnel. Move from a rookie HC that was a DC coord to another rookie HC that's a DC coord? Pass.
      Yeah, I agree. The problem is I don't know who's out there if you can't get Harbaugh or Payton (I don't want Payton).

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Screenshot 2023-01-14 9.10.33 PM.png

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

I'll say it in this thread, too. Harbaugh is a head case. Always has been.

We need someone like Payton, but I don't think the owner has the IQ to do what needs to be done. With a loss like this, you have no choice but to burn it down.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
            How is he a headcase? And if he is, how did it not get in the way of him making three NFC Championship games with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick?

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

We need someone like Payton, but I don't think the owner has the IQ to do what needs to be done. With a loss like this, you have no choice but to burn it down.
              The odds for Payton leading a 2nd team to a Superbowl win are against him. At least, Harbaugh went to 3 straight NFC championship games, and one Superbowl that he lost. He never lost the locker room, he lost the battle with the front office and particularly the GM. The 49ers fired that GM regardless not that much later.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

If not Harbaugh or Payton, it seems like the next best candidates with head coaching experience are Dan Quinn, Frank Reich, and Brian Flores. No thanks to Quinn. I think Reich got screwed by the quarterback situation in Indianapolis. Flores did a pretty good job in Miami, especially when you consider he didn't want Tua.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                  If not Harbaugh or Payton, it seems like the next best candidates with head coaching experience are Dan Quinn, Frank Reich, and Brian Flores. No thanks to Quinn. I think Reich got screwed by the quarterback situation in Indianapolis. Flores did a pretty good job in Miami, especially when you consider he didn't want Tua.
                  Shane Steichen. :lol:

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Would Payton improve Herb long throws or more of the same dink n dunk? Same offense Lombardi currently runs...

Who would be Harbuaugh OC?

Comment

• fanatic
                      Registered Chiefs Fan
                      • Dec 2021
                      • Southern California
                      • Realtor
                      • Send PM

Chargers should hire Bienemy. Top offense year after year. Former Charger. Has the beat KC Cheat Code. Wont cost picks.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                        Chargers should hire Bienemy. Top offense year after year. Former Charger. Has the beat KC Cheat Code. Wont cost picks.
                        There is a reason Bienemy keeps getting passed over year after year. And calling him the OC is like calling Hill our DC. The head coaches are both the coordinators, the other guys are glorified assistants.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                          Would Payton improve Herb long throws or more of the same dink n dunk? Same offense Lombardi currently runs...

Who would be Harbuaugh OC?
                          I'm worried we wouldn't see much of a difference between Lombardi and Payton in their offensive approaches. Payton did hire Lombardi, after all.

Harbaugh had Greg Roman as his offensive coordinator in San Francisco. I don't know who he would hire if he were to be the head coach of the Chargers, but it would definitely be someone who would take pride in running the football.

Comment

Working...
                          X