Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
    Honestly think Denver makes the LEAST sense. If anything, he may hold out another year.
    There's some talk that Arizona is the front runner this year.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I have spoken about Payton and why I don't want him quite a bit in this thread. I have given other alternatives besides Jim Harbaugh. You're just whining.
      Dude, I’m just messing around - relax!

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

If Payton sincerely wants LAC it is mainly because of Herbert.
        if he has genuine interest that means there IS a number he's willing to work for.
        My main criticism is that he had so much talent and a prime Brees and only got 1 ring. Well I'm willing to sit through 10 years for 1 ring. Lots of crazy shit happened to the Saints during that time that closely resembles "Chargering"
        but if we can't win 1 with Payton, Fangio AND Herbert, we are simply never going to.
        P1. Block Destruction
        P2. Shocking Effort
        P3. Ball Disruption
        P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Harbaugh has unfinished business in the NFL and fits my criteria of having been a successful HC and he’s been that at USD, SF and now Michigan. But he hasn’t been great at Michigan. It took him years to beat Oh State and he’s never been able to develop a quality QB at Michigan. The loss to TCU is a huge black mark for him.
          I really like Harbaugh as a HC buy for me, it would depend on who he brings as OC.
          Herbert needs HIS guy who is going to develop the offense around him and capable of designing an elite offense.
          Harbaugh will bring a tough Oline and defense and run game.
          P1. Block Destruction
          P2. Shocking Effort
          P3. Ball Disruption
          P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Florida fan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            If Payton sincerely wants LAC it is mainly because of Herbert.
            if he has genuine interest that means there IS a number he's willing to work for.
            My main criticism is that he had so much talent and a prime Brees and only got 1 ring. Well I'm willing to sit through 10 years for 1 ring. Lots of crazy shit happened to the Saints during that time that closely resembles "Chargering"
            but if we can't win 1 with Payton, Fangio AND Herbert, we are simply never going to.
            Kinda tells you how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. Let be honest, Brees wasn’t exactly Franchise Guy until Payton built the Saints Program around him. If Payton thinks he can do something with this current team minus 2 first rd picks, he is telling us we have a QB much Better than Brees.

if spanos is smart a Payton will bring a consistent Playoff team with a real shot at a the Super Bowl.

Spanos Team would go up in Value at least 50%.

Comment

• Florida fan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
              If I am an owner I would be worried that Herbert will not sign extension with this shitshow.

Spend on proven coach.

Funny thing I found this week is that the Steelers owners are the 32 out of 32 if we discuss wealth... Yea they are poorer than Spanoses.
              Not in Super Bowls

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

This is a franchise-altering moment.

Can we please pass this test at least once?
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

I don't want an up and comer coach. I don't want another rookie HC. After Lynn and Staley I would like someone with a proven track record.

I wanted Daboll so bad. I wished we would have been a little more patient with the hiring. I would take Payton in a heartbeat. Hell I would love some Bill Cower.

We need:
                  HC
                  Speed at WR
                  DL studs.

Comment

• Florida fan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

Ok believe what you will. KC lost Hill and got better. Andy does not coach those guys one on one. EB is the OC. EB knows a proven system from training camp to superbowls. Players like him. He has the beat KC cheat code. Seems like all the teams in the AFC West need that code!
                    Mahomes is probably the Best current QB and that is why Chiefs win the Division. But I don’t think they will make it this year. Making one of those guys our HC makes no sense like hiring Bellicheat coordinators in their division.

strong pass

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Apparently being clearly better than Brandon Staley isn't enough for the Sean Payton critics. He now has to have won multiple SBs with Brees. I like to remind everyone he took a team that was known as the 'aints and routinely had them as a Top 5 offense with a QB no one believed in after a major injury. He isnt perfect and he has had bad losses but nothing like last night or any charger playoff loss from the past. All I know is Brandon Staley is not the answer and the previous 3 1st time hires says Telesco isnt either.

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Ok, now I’m ready for him. I wasn’t before, but we cannot allow this Chargering to continue. An organizational change is needed.

Give up the first rounder and pay the man market rate. We’re too close to being great to allow poor coaching to continue cost us games.

And let him pick his GM. Our drafts can’t get any worse..

Again, bring a winner into the organization.
                        Why not just get Eric Bienemy instead? No draft picks required for that one.

Guy just overhauled KC's offense and kept it running after losing Tyreek Hill. Isn't that your biggest complaint about Lomgardi?
                        sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • siberiacuse, ny
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                          Apparently being clearly better than Brandon Staley isn't enough for the Sean Payton critics. He now has to have won multiple SBs with Brees. I like to remind everyone he took a team that was known as the 'aints and routinely had them as a Top 5 offense with a QB no one believed in after a major injury. He isnt perfect and he has had bad losses but nothing like last night or any charger playoff loss from the past. All I know is Brandon Staley is not the answer and the previous 3 1st time hires says Telesco isnt either.
                          Not a critic at all of Sean Payton. I just don't think giving up a first round draft pick when we need offensive and defensive line help is a wise idea, even if it landed us the next Joe Gibbs.

Plus, he's way too expensive for the Spani to spring for. EB is a poor man's Peyton IMHO.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X