• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

And while you guys are replacing Keenan with Skyy Moore... or Khalil Mack with Logan Hall...
    I'll just stick with my 2 original picks (before the JCJ signing)... Trent McDuffie and Abraham Lucas...
    And since 1st and 2nd round OT's and CB's have proven to be quality starters right away... I'll take a RT and a CB in this year's draft (1st and 2nd round).

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’ll just say it. The past doesn’t matter. We didn’t get our money worth in 2022.
      Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Yet it is still the single best indictor of future performance as well. We didn't get our monies' worth, after that 2022 out-of-character free agent spending spree and now that out-of-character bill has come due. Anyone over 30 on offense is the first on the chopping block. Mack + Bosa return for 2023.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Yet it is still the single best indictor of future performance as well. We didn't get our monies' worth, after that 2022 out-of-character free agent spending spree and now that out-of-character bill has come due. Anyone over 30 on offense is the first on the chopping block. Mack + Bosa return for 2023.
        You realize Mack will be 32 next week, right? Just curious since you put that age thing out there. Why doesn't that apply to defense as well?

A Mack fan myself but I'm not making statements about age and chopping block, which would also put Linsley on that chopping block.
        Just trying to understand the logic.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You realize Mack will be 32 next week, right? Just curious since you put that age thing out there. Why doesn't that apply to defense as well?

A Mack fan myself but I'm not making statements about age and chopping block, which would also put Linsley on that chopping block.
          Just trying to understand the logic.
          Was I not quite clear that it applied to the offense, right?

Would you please let this Keenan thing with me in particular go, for the love of God, man. I fucking implore you.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Was I not quite clear that it applied to the offense, right?

Would you please let this Keenan thing with me in particular go, for the love of God, man. I fucking implore you.
            I didn't even mention Keenan Wtf. Linsley i mentioned, he plays offense and is 31. Simple question, let's not lose it.
            I mentioned a Keenan ONCE to you,....ok, twice... you made it clear how you geel. I'm good on your stance there but this one I'm just asking.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-14-2023, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

lotsa punditry down the draftnik pipelines.... thank you ghost for the content and the fire and brimstone,

the all of that has been reason to revisit things, and since I've waffled a bit on Bosa, as was down w/the suggestion to trade him to get under the cap, but then reconsidered in that who wouldn't want to retain Bosa at end, and.... gotta say after pondering things yet again, am in the trade Bosa camp.... and not really a well thought out, reasonable take, as 'tis more of just my sense of things, and that am willing to go our D without him, and in consideration of possibly/likely getting a first in return, and not to mention the key variable of immediately getting under the cap.

still want to restructure and extend others in that we may afford ourselves a reasonable amount of operating capital, and.... as one that is not shy of my intuition and ethereal or the such capacities.... just my sense that the best move available is to move Bosa.

and back 2 Keenan.... am a lot less worried 'bout his body wearing down, than Joey's.... and ditto for Ekeler and Everett as well.

really see Keenan as a significant contributor for @least a coupla few more years, and would extend him thru 2025, and without blinking an eye.

on the other hand have no interest in extending Bosa nor Mike Williams, and would also have little reservation in trading the latter as well.... maybe not this season, but it wouldn't be off the table going forward, 'specially if we are running into constrictions w/the cap again next year.

re: Ek.... would extend him thru 2024, and re: Mike D.... would extend him thru 2025, and re: Matt Feiler.... would offer him $2m for this next season, which would still save us $4.5m

re: Pips.... think his situation is gonna be a little bit like Nwosu.... someone that turns out to be a little too pricey, but will do alright w/someone else ??

would also add a year to Khalil's deal, and.... the real albatross is JC Jack.... if there is anything we can do.... injury settlement or most anything else, think we need to do our darnedest to part ways, and.... no loss on his part, as he is still guaranteed the $28m to date, and another $12m for this season.... regardless.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                Keep KA at least 1 more year. Re-structure MW.
                Keep Mack at least 1 more year. Re-structure Bosa.

It makes no sense to sell Pro Bowl players low...
                Keep them. Build your team. Win a Super Bowl.
                Makes no sense to have the highest paid player on offense to miss 7 games in a 17 game season and Keenan went to no Pro Bowl this season either. I made peace with this in November. I'm not kicking the can down the road on contracts of the current Pro Bowlers we do possess.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Makes no sense to have the highest paid player on offense to miss 7 games in a 17 game season and Keenan went to no Pro Bowl this season either. I made peace with this in November. I'm not kicking the can down the road on contracts of the current Pro Bowlers we do possess.
                  Per OTC, the Chargers are 20.5m over the cap --

Cutting Feiler, Hopkins and Everett saves the team 9.75m in cap. As each player will be replaced by somebody even making the league minimum so Feiler is not 6.5m of cap he is actually $5.75m of cap.

After that - I might extend Ekeler a couples years to lower his cap number by $3m. He is 27 so should have three more decent years left
                  Might extend Vato to lower his cap number - extend by a year
                  And either Linsley or MW - going to work the magic to get whatever is needed to reach the goal of $20.6 to get under the cap

So these 6 moves - the Chargers are cap compliant

Allen: going to see if he would take a pay cut combined with some NLBTE incentives for a cap savings of 12m to the cap with nominal dollars pushed forward; if he doesn't want that, see if he will accept a trade to a team both parties agree too and finally released. So either 12m or 14.8m of cap savings

Bosa: explore the market and if the market is there - trade him

Those are my moves as another thing - if you push too much forward with Bosa and Allen - that takes away future years. The Chargers will have a pretty decent deal coming with Herbert -- the time is now to move on from both of them long term.

Heavy in the draft with WRs (2), TE, Edge, RT or just OT depth in general

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Ok, fine. I won't complain about their decisions but sometimes being a Probowler today means nothing. Ek didn't make it, should of. How do you leave him off? Tyler Huntley made it. Enough said.

Doesn't mean Baltimore is going to keep him over Lamar because he didn't make it.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Per OTC, the Chargers are 20.5m over the cap --

Cutting Feiler, Hopkins and Everett saves the team 9.75m in cap. As each player will be replaced by somebody even making the league minimum so Feiler is not 6.5m of cap he is actually $5.75m of cap.

After that - I might extend Ekeler a couples years to lower his cap number by $3m. He is 27 so should have three more decent years left
                      Might extend Vato to lower his cap number - extend by a year
                      And either Linsley or MW - going to work the magic to get whatever is needed to reach the goal of $20.6 to get under the cap

So these 6 moves - the Chargers are cap compliant

Allen: going to see if he would take a pay cut combined with some NLBTE incentives for a cap savings of 12m to the cap with nominal dollars pushed forward; if he doesn't want that, see if he will accept a trade to a team both parties agree too and finally released. So either 12m or 14.8m of cap savings

Bosa: explore the market and if the market is there - trade him

Those are my moves as another thing - if you push too much forward with Bosa and Allen - that takes away future years. The Chargers will have a pretty decent deal coming with Herbert -- the time is now to move on from both of them long term.

Heavy in the draft with WRs (2), TE, Edge, RT or just OT depth in general
                      The Bolts still have one more year to get to that "out" in Bosa's deal in 2024...since they're so far over the cap, and since we're not getting as good of a ROI with Bosa as we'd like, and since chronic injuries are still a concern, and since he loses us games with his juvenile tantrums, I would say a trade for picks makes all the sense in the world:

bosa spotrac.jpg

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Bolts still have one more year to get to that "out" in Bosa's deal in 2024...since they're so far over the cap, and since we're not getting as good of a ROI with Bosa as we'd like, and since chronic injuries are still a concern, and since he loses us games with his juvenile tantrums, I would say a trade for picks makes all the sense in the world:

bosa spotrac.jpg
                        Tough decisions. I just look at a 3-4 year window and not just 2023 season.

IF the Chargers can get a couple good picks for him - I think this is the year to try

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

If your plan is to cut the 27 year old and keep the 31 year old, whatever game this is we are playing - that I don't understand - I accuse you of acting nonsensical and shitting in the penalty box.

Clearly, you MISSED these pressure numbers.
                          Should we cut everybody over 30? Allen played in more games and was more productive than Bosa last year. Age had nothing to do with it.
                          Releasing Allen is stupid. We can try to trade him or restructure him with a pay cut. Mack is 3-4 years older than Allen. Should we cut him?
                          With Bosa you can trade him or restructure his contract. He didn't show much last year and he had a serious injury to boot.

Comment

Working...
                          X