• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Should we cut everybody over 30? Allen played in more games and was more productive than Bosa last year. Age had nothing to do with it.
    Releasing Allen is stupid. We can try to trade him or restructure him with a pay cut. Mack is 3-4 years older than Allen. Should we cut him?
    With Bosa you can trade him or restructure his contract. He didn't show much last year and he had a serious injury to boot.
    Allen would have to agree to a pay cut - but a trade is a possibility. The return won't be that much - but better than nothing

Comment

• SK21209
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2020
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

To me its really as simple as the following two options:
      1. Keep Bosa, Keenan, Mack, Pipkins, Tranquill. Restructure contracts and push money into the future to retain/accumulate as much talent as possible for the next year or two. The bill comes due in 2024 or 2025 and we enter a soft rebuild around Herbert/Slater/Derwin.
      2. Trade/cut one or both of Bosa and Allen to get below the cap and lose a couple of free agents like Pipkins or Tranquill. Take a step back now to plan for Herbert's new deal and create flexibility over the next few years. Bring in more young/dynamic talent and build for the next 3/5 years.
      The thing is, I think both options involve the same soft rebuild. We just do it a year later. When you look at it in the context of a 10-to-15 year runway with Herbert, I take Option 1. We are going to have to soft rebuild around Herbert anyway, probably more than once. Give it a shot now, worst case is the cap bill comes due and you go through the soft rebuild we are going to have to do anyway.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
        If the spanos really want to make a statement, they would dump that pos Bozo. That dude doesn't belong on any team. And in fact, I'd dump Allen too just for wearing that stoopid fuking Raider hat a few years back.
        It was 2013, bro. Seriously?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

No one is going to trade for Allen if they feel he might be released. It takes two to make a deal. Restructure and play with the cap like every other team out there. I’m reluctant to give up on Bosa. His core is now fixed, he can bend down with no pain and you want to let that go? I idea, just as it was, at the beginning of last year, is to see Bosa and Mack together. We saw it for 1 and a half games. Do what you need to do, to keep Bosa. A rejuvenated Bosa, a healthy Bosa, hopefully a more tempered Bosa.

Ive concluded Allen will be cut. There are too many cheaper options out at wr. Remember, Herbert can make Palmer, Guyton, Johnson, Bandy all look good.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
            1. Keep Bosa, Keenan, Mack, Pipkins, Tranquill. Restructure contracts and push money into the future to retain/accumulate as much talent as possible for the next year or two. The bill comes due in 2024 or 2025 and we enter a soft rebuild around Herbert/Slater/Derwin.
            2. Trade/cut one or both of Bosa and Allen to get below the cap and lose a couple of free agents like Pipkins or Tranquill. Take a step back now to plan for Herbert's new deal and create flexibility over the next few years. Bring in more young/dynamic talent and build for the next 3/5 years.
            The thing is, I think both options involve the same soft rebuild. We just do it a year later. When you look at it in the context of a 10-to-15 year runway with Herbert, I take Option 1. We are going to have to soft rebuild around Herbert anyway, probably more than once. Give it a shot now, worst case is the cap bill comes due and you go through the soft rebuild we are going to have to do anyway.
            Same page.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
              I wonder where Moore stands on all of this.
              Moore has to know if we plan to retain Allen for his first and maybe last season as OC.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                No one is going to trade for Allen if they feel he might be released. It takes two to make a deal. Restructure and play with the cap like every other team out there. I’m reluctant to give up on Bosa. His core is now fixed, he can bend down with no pain and you want to let that go? I idea, just as it was, at the beginning of last year, is to see Bosa and Mack together. We saw it for 1 and a half games. Do what you need to do, to keep Bosa. A rejuvenated Bosa, a healthy Bosa, hopefully a more tempered Bosa.

Ive concluded Allen will be cut. There are too many cheaper options out at wr. Remember, Herbert can make Palmer, Guyton, Johnson, Bandy all look good.
                I don't remember. Sorry. The second half of games this year were offensive, not in a good way. Bandy and Palmer? Are you serious? Palmer is a good backup.
                Guyton is a one trick pony, could have used him though. Who is Johnson?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

There is already 2-3 teams that have showed interest in Allen. But of course they may be assuming he will be released, after all that's what the rumor is.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Bandy isn't going to make this team amd if he does, we are in trouble. He already looked like shit with Herbert.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

I don't remember. Sorry. The second half of games this year were offensive, not in a good way. Bandy and Palmer? Are you serious? Palmer is a good backup.
                      Guyton is a one trick pony, could have used him though. Who is Johnson?
                      Billy white shoes Johnson ?

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Should we cut everybody over 30? Allen played in more games and was more productive than Bosa last year. Age had nothing to do with it.
                        Releasing Allen is stupid. We can try to trade him or restructure him with a pay cut. Mack is 3-4 years older than Allen. Should we cut him?
                        With Bosa you can trade him or restructure his contract. He didn't show much last year and he had a serious injury to boot.
                        I would keep Bosa at least one more season. He just said he feels the best he has in years, had pretty much a full season off and should be fresh coming into next season. He needs to have a probowl season next year for sure, and he seems like he is at a point where he wants to prove all the haters wrong! Keep Bosa, cut KA, restructure Mack, or trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. If Parham can come back next season and progress, keep him and draft a top TE while cutting Everett.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I would keep Bosa at least one more season. He just said he feels the best he has in years, had pretty much a full season off and should be fresh coming into next season. He needs to have a probowl season next year for sure, and he seems like he is at a point where he wants to prove all the haters wrong! Keep Bosa, cut KA, restructure Mack, or trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. If Parham can come back next season and progress, keep him and draft a top TE while cutting Everett.
                          Wait he feels the best he has in years, on one leg? Bosa is 27, why not restructure him? Our passing offense was anemic when one or both of Allen/MW were out.
                          So by cutting Allen I suppose you want a 1st round receiver? Parham has been down with injuries for the last two years. He showed promise a couple years ago
                          but thats been it. I'm more inclined to cut Parham and keep Everett.

Comment

Working...
                          X