• Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Good re-sign
    Yes, I am a bit surprised it didn’t happen earlier and maybe he wanted to test the waters a bit earlier
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Yes, I am a bit surprised it didn’t happen earlier and maybe he wanted to test the waters a bit earlier
      Scott is a very ordinary punter. Not a liability, but also not a upper echelon punter either.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Scott is a very ordinary punter. Not a liability, but also not an upper echelon punter either.
        He fucking chocked against the jags, had his worst game all year by FAR his distance is not elite but his hang time is

placement is good too
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

He fucking chocked against the jags, had his worst game all year by FAR his distance is not elite but his hang time is

placement is good too
          Two plays in that game were critical and they were back to back. And I know a lot is mentioned about the botched end around - but Scotts punt was terrible. Those two plays were worth 20 yards. Jags got 7 when maybe they should have got 3 - or zero.

Scott is fine and he is the holder so that gives him an advantage over a UDFA type

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Two plays in that game were critical and they were back to back. And I know a lot is mentioned about the botched end around - but Scotts punt was terrible. Those two plays were worth 20 yards. Jags got 7 when maybe they should have got 3 - or zero.

Scott is fine and he is the holder so that gives him an advantage over a UDFA type
            if I’m not mistaken he’s also the emergency kicker on both kickoffs and field goals…so the kid offers some unique emergency depth in the case that our kicker gets hurt

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
              Donald Parham resigning with the Chargers!
              I expect Guyton be next on a cheaper deal than the tender.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Isiah McKenzie might be nice - can be your Carter/Guyton all in one
                granted, from a cap perspective - easier to sign both for the minimum and fit under the cap than McKenzie, probably, for what he will cost

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

What about fehoko and gaziano? Both played significant minutes as quality depth

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

You’re just goofing, right? I’d much rather have kept tranquil and traded k9 for a 7th…
                    Not sure we will get a comp pick for Tranquill if its less than 5 mil. Maybe.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

As of right now, no. We've signed more FAs than we have lost. Our FAs count. I think it's 3 gained, 2 lost.
                      No they dont

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Not sure we will get a comp pick for Tranquill if its less than 5 mil. Maybe.
                        I just looked on OTC - and Nick Korte has Tranquill as TBD or something like that. The minimum is like $1.9m so Tranq cleared that. But its all about AAV and so far, all i can see lower or the same were Noah Brown and Manhertz. Odds are not looking good as all it will take is a few guys making $4m next week to kick out a few guys.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just looked on OTC - and Nick Korte has Tranquill as TBD or something like that. The minimum is like $1.9m so Tranq cleared that. But its all about AAV and so far, all i can see lower or the same were Noah Brown and Manhertz. Odds are not looking good as all it will take is a few guys making $4m next week to kick out a few guys.
                          Yeah, like I said ,.maybe. it's just too early still to say. Players still signing.

I don't think incentive deals count. If his base is 3 mil, that what will be determined. And I think he is the only one left that will possibly bring us a comp pick.

Could get some next year perhaps. Not sure why we brought Parham back. Word was there were interested teams for a injury prone guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X