• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

really wonder if Kroenke gives any thought to replacing the SoFi turf ?? god knows he can afford the upkeep for grass....
    Hell I was willing to move on from Bosa and KA this offseason to help manage the future team with Herberts contract. The way I see the season Telesco and Staley are holding 3, 4, 6 and 7 and are hoping for a 5

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      IMO, the salary cap is a reflection of the FO's success...
      Keenan Allen was a 3rd rounder... a 3rd rounder! You won't find many better 3rd rounders out there.
      Joey and Mike are guys that got drafted high... and have produced. Those type of players get paid... they just do.
      Then you have Khalil Mack. The FO could have just gone with Nwosu (who had a good year with Seattle). But he didn't really fit what Staley wants to do...
      I like a FO that is willing to get a coach what he feels is necessary...
      I like a FO that's willing to go get quality FA's... Corey Linsley, Morgan Fox, SJD, Austin Johnson... Callahan/KVN... Kendricks (TBD).
      LoneBolt is right... you can't pay everyone. So choose wisely.

I get it... FA's were brought in because the roster wasn't strong enough in areas. And that was a result of drafting.
      TT will have to get things right in upcoming drafts... the Herbert contract means the high-priced contracts will eventually be let go.
      If every team had perfect drafts, FA wouldn’t exist.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If every team had perfect drafts, FA wouldn’t exist.
        End of the day - Telesco's record is:
        ten seasons
        three head coaches (most GMs only get 2 if not one)
        zero divisions titles
        three playoff appearances
        two playoff wins in the wild card round

Draft. Free Agency. Whatever . Granted you can tie the problems with the Chargers cap squarely on his inability to draft well as he has had to use free agency to build, not augment the roster.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Hell I was willing to move on from Bosa and KA this offseason to help manage the future team with Herberts contract. The way I see the season Telesco and Staley are holding 3, 4, 6 and 7 and are hoping for a 5
          Pretty much . . . . . it's really all or nothing for both those guys

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

and even if they do get their 5, wouldn't surprise me if Cincy has a flush nonetheless, and KC is still holding the straight flush....
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

To quote that great American Philosopher, Nikki Sixx, as sung by Vince Neil “ its the same ol, same ol situation, its the same ol, same ol song and dance”

Guys that glumly forfeit the 2024 and 2025 seasons due to disastrous cap situation are the same guys that threw in the 2023 season in early February due to this year’s cap situation. Of course the FO couldn’t possibly have any plans beyond next Tuesday. Nahhh.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                Let's do this!
                • Aug 2022
                • Raleigh N. Carolina
                • Send PM

really wonder if Kroenke gives any thought to replacing the SoFi turf ?? god knows he can afford the upkeep for grass....
                Grass ain't growing at SoFi

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  To quote that great American Philosopher, Nikki Sixx, as sung by Vince Neil “ its the same ol, same ol situation, its the same ol, same ol song and dance”

Guys that glumly forfeit the 2024 and 2025 seasons due to disastrous cap situation are the same guys that threw in the 2023 season in early February due to this year’s cap situation. Of course the FO couldn’t possibly have any plans beyond next Tuesday. Nahhh.
                  Look man - you've made your point (many times) that you think those of us that don't feel as optimistic as you about the upcoming season (or further down the road) are fools, and are to be looked down on and pitied for their dire outlook on life. That schtick's getting old.

I've made many posts outlining my concerns about the direction of the team's going - no need to rehash those here. No-one is being forced to agree with me, and I respect everyone's right to their own opinion. I'm NOT hoping the team fails - you understand? I want them to succeed, (even if I have to sport whatever nasty avatar you've got picked out for me), but I'm allowed to question the decisions made and the direction the team's going without losing my 'fanhood' or having to put up with snide comments. I'm still (and always will be) a Charger fan - for good or ill, It doesn't mean I agree with everything the team does.

Can we move on to the draft and just put the optimist / pessimist thing to bed please? We're going to find out who was right in short order anyway.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He was an undrafted project player who drew interest because of his speed. It took him a few years to learn to play the position. In the 2018 playoff game against the Ravens, he was given the task of spying on Lamar Jackson, he was the only player on the team that could match Jackson's speed. And he did a good job of it. He caught and tackled Jackson on a couple of plays before Jackson could turn them into big gainers. He played a key role in winning that game in that aspect. That is when I first remember becoming aware of him as a Charger.
                    The Chargers liked M. Davis his first camp.
                    Then he got burned 2 - 3 times his first preseason game and half the board was demanding the Chargers cut him.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Bryce is in the slot, JCJ on IR & your other two are on the bench/STs.... they wouldn't even consider Salyer @RT.... what makes you think they would start Ja'Sir ??
                      What makes you think they will waive him?

Do the math, they won't carry 7 cbs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

So quality depth isn't important to you? And there are a number of Pollyannas who post here who have 'reasoned' that we won't be as injury-riddled as we were last year, so I guess quality depth isn't important, based on that.

But I will back off on the 'career special teamer' remark. There are exceptions, of course. Will Taylor be one of them? Only time will tell. He was, as you pointed out, thrust into a very unenviable situation last year against Jax. But, again, why was a 6th-round rookie even put in that position in the first place? As I've said before, many times, if this team has to bank on a charmed season in '23 from an injury standpoint, we're in trouble. Callahan, Feiler, Aboushi...these are examples of what I'd consider quality depth. And their inclusion shouldn't be minimized.

By the way, the ugly salary cap situation we find ourselves in is yet another example of poor FO performance.
                        No one is arguing for the Chargers to not sign Callahan.
                        However, there is a reason the Chargers haven't resigned him, beyond money.
                        They have a lot of cbs on the roster, along with a probable draft pick.

You need to not draft a db, waive Leonard/JaSir or IR JC Jackson for the year to bring in Callahan.

Personally, I don't see Telesco doing any of those things: that wouldn't necessarily be my decision.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

What makes you think they will waive him?

Do the math, they won't carry 7 cbs.
                          I'd sign Bryce before drafting anyone.... for my six,
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X