• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Choosing a CB in the 2nd round this year is not a bad strategy. The position is deep. We just disagree when it comes to Phillips.
    There are many players people have mentioned @#21 that I'd be happy with.
    Those CBs, including Phillips would be tempting. I am guessing we resign Callahan for the critical Slot spot.

Late round CBs, to mix in with our motley crew, would be Staleyesque. The current population has a year or two of study at Staley University.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

recall the Waldo equation for edge/pass rushers seemed to have a cut off below 7 for the 3 cone.... is Murphy explosive ??
      Good question. Its been a good many years now since we Chargers fans explored this in greater detail....the Waldo calculations.

I remember there were 2 "general"groups. The Shawne Merrimen big explosive types (Board jump and 10-yard split with weight/height factored). Then there's the Von Miller smaller more nimble types (3-cone and 40-times).

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Those CBs, including Phillips would be tempting. I am guessing we re-sign Callahan for the critical Slot spot.
        Not sure why we're waiting to do this. Seems as though we'd need him even if we were to draft a CB early on. Watch him sign elsewhere, and we'll be left to bemoan his loss after the first wave of injuries. Just another head-scratching move by the brain dead FO.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Not sure why we're waiting to do this. Seems as though we'd need him even if we were to draft a CB early on. Watch him sign elsewhere, and we'll be left to bemoan his loss after the first wave of injuries. Just another head-scratching move by the brain dead FO.
          I consider Callahan to be a valuable player. The Chargers are always OTL, yes. This after the draft dance seems to be the music all parties like to get their swerve on to.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

M Davis, A Samuel, JaSir, Deane Leanard, JC Jackson, draft pick (6 guys there).... which one of those guys do you forgo right now to bring in Callahan.

They could waive D. Leonard, put Jackson on IR, or just not draft a player (& break Boltnut's heart):
            that's what it would take if they signed Callahan.

They will not have 7 cbs on the active roster.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I agree. Callahan doesn't seem to be getting interest from other teams... and I was a big Callahan fan from the beginning. Injury history and age concerns...?
              The other thing that raises an eyebrow for me... John Johnson hasn't been re-signed. I was a big fan of his, too.
              I suspect everyone is waiting on the draft. Although I'm not sure he'll be there... Brian Branch is the versatile player that could fill either role... FS or slot-corner.
              Brian Branch is the player I hope they draft... maybe that's the holdup...?

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I consider Callahan to be a valuable player. The Chargers are always OTL, yes. This after the draft dance seems to be the music all parties like to get their swerve on to.
                Callahan and Van Noy. Need em both

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

M Davis, A Samuel, JaSir, Deane Leonard, JC Jackson, draft pick (6 guys there).... which one of those guys do you forgo right now to bring in Callahan.

They could waive D. Leonard, put Jackson on IR, or just not draft a player:
                  that's what it would take if they signed Callahan.

They will not have 7 cbs on the roster.
                  I put Callahan ahead of all of those guys except Davis and Samuel. Jackson - if he comes back at all - will almost certainly start the season on PUP/IR; Ja'Sir show his true colors against Jax in the playoff game; Leonard is just a guy.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

I put Callahan ahead of all of those guys except Davis and Samuel. Jackson - if he comes back at all - will almost certainly start the season on PUP/IR; Ja'Sir show his true colors against Jax in the playoff game; Leonard is just a guy.
                    JaSir was a rookie and will have an offseason to improve: same with Leonard.
                    Teams, along with the Chargers, are still wary of Callahan's injury history.

Everyone would place a healthy Callahan next year ahead of those guys - even the draftee.

Telesco and the Chargers have a process, yada, yada, yada:

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Those CBs, including Phillips would be tempting. I am guessing we resign Callahan for the critical Slot spot.

Late round CBs, to mix in with our motley crew, would be Staleyesque. The current population has a year or two of study at Staley University.
                      I'm kind of hoping Brian Branch's 40-time helps him slide to us @#21.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Not a quality starter? True enough.
                        Then. He seems to have the physical skills and mentality to be worth developing.
                        Leonard is worth his pay on STs unless he gets bumped by a 6th starting level CB.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Ja"Sir showed his true colors alright..that he is a rookie with no starting experience, thrust into a crucial role halfway thru the biggest game of the year...guess that means he's a bust...lol
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X