• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

mostly an observation re: Mack 'n Allen, and.... would love to get a first for Joey, and.... MW might be more like a day three pick, dunno ??

you think Bosa is worth but a sack o' potatoes ?? what do you think comes back in trade for one or the both of those guys ?? or are they untradeable ??
    Mack is getting on in years and I'd rather try to keep him for another season if he wants to finish out his career with the Chargers and NOT START OVER again with another team. We're not going to pay him $38 mil next year so I'm thinking he takes $15 plus $15 mil for $30. Bosa might not be tradeable at all. Just an eat it player if he comes out looking gimpy and flat all season long.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

It's one thing to draft an heir apparent WR, it's annother to draft a spot duty field stretcher. I see Palmer as a volume possession wr#1 that can fill Allen's role better than he can BMWs roll. In general I want to upgrade our skills positions on offense for Herbert but we are looking at 50 mil in cap space between two players right now. That feels top heavy to me. I don't see investing a top draft pick on top of all that cap space we have allocated to the WR room.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        It's one thing to draft an heir apparent WR, it's annother to draft a spot duty field stretcher. I see Palmer as a volume possession wr#1 that can fill Allen's role better than he can BMWs roll. In general I want to upgrade our skills positions on offense for Herbert but we are looking at 50 mil in cap space between two players right now. That feels top heavy to me. I don't see investing a top draft pick on top of all that cap space we have allocated to the WR room.
        Rookie contracts are cheap. That's exactly why you do draft top still positions early. Palmer is not going to replace Allen. Appreciate what he is, but he's
        not Allen. Allen may be let go (I doubt it), but he is 30 and MW is an injury concern. Definitely need help at the WR position. Same thing with Edge.
        I expect our first two picks could very well be Edge/WR and maybe not in that order.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Rookie contracts are cheap. That's exactly why you do draft top still positions early. Palmer is not going to replace Allen. Appreciate what he is, but he's
          not Allen. Allen may be let go (I doubt it), but he is 30 and MW is an injury concern. Definitely need help at the WR position. Same thing with Edge.
          I expect our first two picks could very well be Edge/WR and maybe not in that order.
          I just hope to the all mighty powers in the universe that this is so! Good WR's might be had with our second pick and would prefer a potential top tier edge dropping into our laps.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Mack is getting on in years and I'd rather try to keep him for another season if he wants to finish out his career with the Chargers and NOT START OVER again with another team. We're not going to pay him $38 mil next year so I'm thinking he takes $15 plus $15 mil for $30. Bosa might not be tradeable at all. Just an eat it player if he comes out looking gimpy and flat all season long.
            I think for all four players - its wait and see how they perform this year and how the team performs to determine contracts next year

If the team is successful - like AFC Championship game or Super Bowl level - probably all are back or you take the trophy and move on from one or two

If the team tanks - there is no way a new GM will push the cap to keep all of those four players - or very unlikely. Two would be gone if not 3 or 4

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I just hope to the all mighty powers in the universe that this is so! Good WR's might be had with our second pick and would prefer a potential top tier edge dropping into our laps.
              Edge late in R1, WR in R2, TE in R3 and whatever else in R3

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

This is our biggest mismatch with KC . . . . . . coaching
                You guys are all sure scared shitless of Andy. fuck Andy, he puts his pants on one hoisted hippo bag at a time like every other fat ass walrus-faced fuck. He’s won 2 SBs in 24 years of coaching. Thats 22 years he didn’t win if you’re doing the math. It took him 21 years to win his first, stop shivering like he’s a fucking Viking God from Valhalla or something.

The last SB - a few players made a few plays at the end, with some questionable ref timing added in. if Mahomes didn’t magically create a few drawn-in-dirt sandlot scrum plays after his “genius coach’s” actual play broke down, he wouldn’t have won any SBs still. Get a grip already, Coach Brandon’s gonna get his shit together in 2023!
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You guys are all sure scared shitless of Andy. fuck Andy, he puts his pants on one hoisted hippo bag at a time like every other fat ass walrus-faced fuck. He’s won 2 SBs in 24 years of coaching. Thats 22 years he didn’t win if you’re doing the math. It took him 21 years to win his first, stop shivering like he’s a fucking Viking God from Valhalla or something.

The last SB - a few players made a few plays at the end, with some questionable ref timing added in. if Mahomes didn’t magically create a few drawn-in-dirt sandlot scrum plays after his “genius coach’s” actual play broke down, he wouldn’t have won any SBs still. Get a grip already, Coach Brandon’s gonna get his shit together in 2023!
                  Fat Andy has been doing really well the last 5 years. I'm just afraid of the damage he can do with more offensive weapons. Chiefs draft really really well and develop their players even better. See my sig. Remember "Only the Paranoid Survive!"

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

That's better than 99% of all NFL coaches that have ever graced an NFL field. Let's try beating the Chiefs before mouthing off about their future HOF coach.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

He’s been to 4 super bowls, 5 straight afc title games and made the playoffs about 75% of those years

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Fat Andy has been doing really well the last 5 years. I'm just afraid of the damage he can do with more offensive weapons. Chiefs draft really really well and develop their players even better. See my sig. Remember "Only the Paranoid Survive!"
                        He’s a damn good coach, he’s just not a demigod. Respect him, don’t fear him.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

He’s a damn good coach, he’s just not a demigod. Respect him, don’t fear him.
                          Lol. Respect “the fat ass walrus faced fuck”? Nobody expressed fear just the accurate acknowledgment that our coach starved franchise is on the short end of that match up

Comment

Working...
                          X