• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think so too - he gets mad because he is very prideful, its his family genes. and his career has a history of off year followed by on year. I think this will be an on year. (Not saying I’m satisfied with the on/off cycle - just that I think he comes in working hard and hungry).

Fun Roster Facts - Chargers signed Callahan and Fox after last year’s draft. TT is waiting for the draft to then sign a few vets to fill areas of weakness or shallow depth.

Re Denvers Resurgence - I’m as worried about Payton taking over as I was when they signed Wilson to solve their long-standing QB problem. Payton won’t win as much with Wilson as his QB because nobody would. Payton was a genius with a HOF QB - he’s a good coach but not a water walker and most press I’ve seen about/of him the last couple years makes me wonder if he’s sucked himself up into his mind, to paraphrase the late great Sir David Bowie. He thinks quite highly of himself.
    ^ This...now that the word is out on Bosa that u can get his goat by "goading" him into a penalty, I think we're gonna see a lot of baaaad behavior....

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...
      I think "All the Young Dudes" on the Bolts need to step it up this year...or they'll be left behind in the "Ziggy StarDust"...

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Thanks, I will. He’s a bastard who can only win a SB with a GOAT. Woo.
        I don't know what he is, except that he's better than 99% of anybody that has coached in the NFL and he's better than any coach the
        Chargers ever had.

Belicheat hasn't won a SB without a GOAT either, so I guess he's also a bastard who can only win with the GOAT. Of course we can't
        beat him either with our without the GOAT.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Staley deserves credit for improving TT's drafts . . . . . . and he deserves criticism for most everything else, since he's the captain of the ship . . . . .
          It hasn't improved that much and we don't know if he is responsible for it.

He didn't properly evaluate two players on his team, Michael Davis and Nwosu, and we acquired two expensive vets who could both be done in a year as a consequence.
          If he's missing on his own defensive players, i'm not sure I want him to have much input in the actual player drafted.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He didn't properly evaluate two players on his team, Michael Davis and Nwosu, and we acquired two expensive vets who could both be done in a year as a consequence.
            If he's missing on his own defensive players, i'm not sure I want him to have much input in the actual player drafted.
            Micheal Davis is still on the team.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Well to be fair . . . . . . . the bar was set pretty low to start with , so there was a lot of room for improvement. I'll give Staley a pass on Nwosu, who showed flashes but wasn't consistent for us. Davis is still here and is one of our starting CB's . . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

A LOT of PBs have dissed TT for not signing top FAs. Now he does and one gets hurt, he still sucks. You're a tough audience.
                Nwosu wasn't Staley's player. Davis still is

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Well to be fair . . . . . . . the bar was set pretty low to start with , so there was a lot of room for improvement. I'll give Staley a pass on Nwosu, who showed flashes but wasn't consistent for us. Davis is still here and is one of our starting CB's . . . . .

Everyone that plays that pass rushing position is inconsistent - everyone! They made a mistake on Nwosu. He was clearly an ascending player and they let him go.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

We didn't use Nwosu properly. He should of been used as a LB, just as Seattle uses him. If we draft Nolan Smith he also should be used as a LB.
                    A great coach crafts his systems around the players he has, not the other way around.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

We didn't use Nwosu properly. He should of been used as a LB, just as Seattle uses him. If we draft Nolan Smith he also should be used as a LB.
                      A great coach crafts his systems around the players he has, not the other way around.
                      THIS . . . . .

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Sounds like a missed opportunity.
                        I won't bang on staley for these because I'm sure the conversation goes much deeper, but this shakes my inner most core fear in that we will waste Herbert's early years drafting defensive, "athletic freaks" to put on a "freak show" and still give up winning TD drives to Kelce.
                        I don't like deoending on "athletic freaks" simply because by definition they are so rare.
                        Give me a system that mazimizes regular athletes who are assignment sound any day over athletic freaks.
                        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Sounds like a missed opportunity.
                          I won't bang on staley for these because I'm sure the conversation goes much deeper, but this shakes my inner most core fear in that we will waste Herbert's early years drafting defensive, "athletic freaks" to put on a "freak show" and still give up winning TD drives to Kelce.
                          I don't like deoending on "athletic freaks" simply because by definition they are so rare.
                          Give me a system that mazimizes regular athletes who are assignment sound any day over athletic freaks.
                          Legitimate complaint! Especially when the NFL has allowed holding on the freaks as the new norm.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X