• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolts4ever213
    Day One...
    • Mar 2019
    • Brentwood, 94513
    • Send PM

I get it when we grip about this and that. But once they become a Bolt, I root for them without fail. I have no idea what it is to be a coach of grown ass men for a team. Platoon leader was many the closest and that isn’t even an ounce of what Staley does.

I’m excited like most for this draft to see how and if we become a better team.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
      I get it when we grip about this and that. But once they become a Bolt, I root for them without fail. I have no idea what it is to be a coach of grown ass men for a team. Platoon leader was many the closest and that isn’t even an ounce of what Staley does.

I’m excited like most for this draft to see how and if we become a better team.
      I am always hopeful and want the best for the team

But I am leery about this year as who knows what Telesco will do with the first few picks of the draft.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But I am leery about this year as who knows what Telesco will do with the first few picks of the draft.
        It's the opposite for me...when he exercises common sense instead of over drafting for need in the 3rd-5th rounds that has me worried.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It's the opposite for me...when he exercises common sense instead of over drafting for need in the 3rd-5th rounds that has me worried.
          There a handful of guys who post here that would have drafted better than Telesco during his tenure. And I'm only half (or less than half) kidding.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I've enjoyed the drafts since Staley was hired. OL got a lot better. I think that's something the GM and HC agreed on.
            I further suspect that Moore was signed in mutual agreement and that we're going all in on offense with Moore consulting re the draft.
            I'm excited.

TT says the new OC, DC, etc are involved.https://www.chargers.com/news/charge...o-kellen-moore
            Last edited by sonorajim; 04-25-2023, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

There a handful of guys who post here that would have drafted better than Telesco during his tenure. And I'm only half (or less than half) kidding.
              They say hindsight is 20/20. I guess that's so.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

The draft is a crapshoot, guys that appear sure things flop, guys that drop because of issues end up thriving…sometimes teams “over think” picks and sometimes they reach instead of getting value, but even the teams that draft well consistently still miss badly on a semi-regular basis…I liked when tom basically said the draft is an educated guess, it’s all about projection and you never really know how the guy will react to the pro level, both from a personal growth aspect as much as from a fit aspect, a lot of guys that have the physical traits fail because they lack in other areas, you’re throwing so much money at young 21-24 year old guys with the hope that they’ll be able to handle everything that comes along with all of that…

As we see the picks coming off the board I hope folks will remember how many times they’ve personally been horribly wrong about players and picks…this should be one of the most ‘positive’ drafts in 17-18 years for charger fans because the team doesn’t have to reach for PON anywhere and literally has the luxury of drafting BPA for much needed depth throughout the roster…so just because they don’t get the guys WE liked shouldn’t be cause to shit all over thr guys they pick…

they might not draft a WR or a RB, they might continue to reinforce and build the trenches, they might take three DBs, who the fuck knows what they end up doing, my hope is that they’re planning ahead to replace some of the older higher priced players as the team transitions to having one of the highest paid QBs in the league and drafting in the mid to low 20s every year, they will have to draft more intelligently than they have at any other time during Telesco’s and Johnny’s tenure if they want to remain competitive…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

They say hindsight is 20/20. I guess that's so.
                  But that's not what I mean. I mean there have been mocks, made by posters here before each draft, that would have turned out better than Telesco's, overall. At least in the first 3 rounds. No hindsight required. Just MHO.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

per usual, am not overly familiar w/the minutieu, and know Fleet has been raising this flag for awhile now, and.... not sure that Bosa is a 3T, but am of the suspicion that he should @least be lining up 4i more than he has, and despite our personnel wiz who calls him an edge, let alone an OLB.... he's a DE that thinkin' he could be slid a bit more inside more often ??

and ditto for K9 as wondering if he wouldn't be better off playing more ED/OLB, and which would give him less read 'n react responsibilities ??

how did he fare on the edge when he was asked to play there before ??
                    ​​
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

F2h.... just want/gotta say that this draft season has been a bit more challenging w/the dearth of commentary from the likes of yourself, Steve & Ninja,
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                        The draft is a crapshoot, guys that appear sure things flop, guys that drop because of issues end up thriving…sometimes teams “over think” picks and sometimes they reach instead of getting value, but even the teams that draft well consistently still miss badly on a semi-regular basis…I liked when tom basically said the draft is an educated guess, it’s all about projection and you never really know how the guy will react to the pro level, both from a personal growth aspect as much as from a fit aspect, a lot of guys that have the physical traits fail because they lack in other areas, you’re throwing so much money at young 21-24 year old guys with the hope that they’ll be able to handle everything that comes along with all of that…

As we see the picks coming off the board I hope folks will remember how many times they’ve personally been horribly wrong about players and picks…this should be one of the most ‘positive’ drafts in 17-18 years for charger fans because the team doesn’t have to reach for PON anywhere and literally has the luxury of drafting BPA for much needed depth throughout the roster…so just because they don’t get the guys WE liked shouldn’t be cause to shit all over thr guys they pick…

they might not draft a WR or a RB, they might continue to reinforce and build the trenches, they might take three DBs, who the fuck knows what they end up doing, my hope is that they’re planning ahead to replace some of the older higher priced players as the team transitions to having one of the highest paid QBs in the league and drafting in the mid to low 20s every year, they will have to draft more intelligently than they have at any other time during Telesco’s and Johnny’s tenure if they want to remain competitive…
                        I love the draft. I have no real expertise or knowledge as to who the best picks are (for us), so I just sit back and take it all in . . . . . . let's hope TT is a bit more educated this year . . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

But that's not what I mean. I mean there have been mocks, made by posters here before each draft, that would have turned out better than Telesco's, overall. At least in the first 3 rounds. No hindsight required. Just MHO.
                          How can you say they are better or worse except in retrospect?

Comment

Working...
                          X