Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't disagree with you about the same RB room and just hoping that the OL plays better

Obviously not a need from Telesco and the teams point of view

They better hope Spiller improves
    My feeling is they were hoping to address RB in the draft but their guy didn't fall to them. Might've been Zach Charbonnet. So they'll have to go the FA route Elliot and Kareem Hunt are the two best options.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Maybe they have a guy in Rd 7. That is wheee the chiefs got Pacheco last aeason
      They could find one among the undrafteds as well, but I wouldn't count on it. You're not going to rely on a 7th rounder or a UDFA to turn out to be a stud. I think they have to sign a veteran FA.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

My feeling is they were hoping to address RB in the draft but their guy didn't fall to them. Might've been Zach Charbonnet. So they'll have to go the FA route Elliot and Kareem Hunt are the two best options.
        Of those 2 I’d rather have Hunt. More gas in the tank and better pass catcher

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Of those 2 I’d rather have Hunt. More gas in the tank and better pass catcher
          not sure I see the Chargers going after Hunt based on his history

I don't think they hit the FA market

My guesses:

JJ3 for Safety
          KVN for Edge Depth, maybe Floyd

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

They could find one among the undrafteds as well, but I wouldn't count on it. You're not going to rely on a 7th rounder or a UDFA to turn out to be a stud. I think they have to sign a veteran FA.
            Brock Purdy would disagree with this statement.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

draft is over - see how it all shakes out

time for the veteran FA signings - well UDFAs

I would think the Chargers are going to sign John Johnson III and maybe an Edge type back

The Chargers are hoping for a healthier roster, chemistry/continuity and health

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Well, we're not getting a feature RB or TE 1 in this draft. Does that make signing Ezekiel Elliot more likely?
                Hope not. I take it to mean they like who is there. Kelly and possibly Ek on their last year here but Spiller I think they like more than some here since they see him every day and posters don't and think he can't play. Better OL play means better running game.

RB and TE in 2024 and my pick right away id Bowers in round 1. Don't care if we have to trade up for him.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

just doing the math here, we had 63 guys on the roster before the draft started and then drafted 7 guys to bring us up to 70, then they signed 18 UDRFAs to increase the total to 88 players and I believe that they are not allowed to exceed 90 total players per league rules so there are only 2 roster spots available for signing veteran FAs post draft...callahan and KVN might still want to return or perhaps they finally sign JJ3? IDK, just doing the math and it occurred to me that not more than two spots are available but they could always cut one of these rookie free agents or perhaps one of the current practice squad guys if they need another spot...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hope not. I take it to mean they like who is there. Kelly and possibly Ek on their last year here but Spiller I think they like more than some here since they see him every day and posters don't and think he can't play. Better OL play means better running game.

RB and TE in 2024 and my pick right away id Bowers in round 1. Don't care if we have to trade up for him.
                    There has been a lot of talk about the head coach and coordinators influencing who the team has drafted, something that has always happened but for some reason people seem to think it happens more with Staley (it hasn't). With this thought, we don't know what Moore thinks about the RB and TE positions. The coaching staff has a much better idea what they have in Spiller, Kelley, Everett and Parham and how Moore plans to use them. The lack of picks in both of these positions seems to indicate that they feel the need is not nearly as big of a deal as some here feel. Time will tell but since Ekeler is still here and looks likely to remain here and play out his last year, at best the UDFAs can challenge McKitty and Rountree for the last roster spot at each position.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Well, we're not getting a feature RB or TE 1 in this draft. Does that make signing Ezekiel Elliot more likely?
                      Is Zeke really that burnt? I know Dallas rode him like a rented mule, but he’s only 27.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Is Zeke really that burnt? I know Dallas rode him like a rented mule, but he’s only 27.
                        If there is anyone who knows what he has left in the tank, it is Moore. If he has something left and was willing to sign a short term, prove it contract for cheap with incentives, I wonder if the team would consider it.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                          FUdean
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

If it was their strategy it sounds like the FUdeans got the depth they were looking for.

everyone happy?

Comment

Working...
                          X