• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Unless they sign for vet minimum. Otherwise not sure we can afford to sign 3.

JJ3 was awful last season so im on the fence with him coming. His efforts were bad so you cant say its just the system.
    Per OTC - the Chargers are at 14.6
    signing draft class: 3.6
    practice squad: 2m
    injured reserve: 4m

So that leaves about 5m

veteran players on the minimum - maybe you give them $250k in a bonus - they really don't affect the cap - that much

If you sign JJ3 for 3.5m - thats net 2.75m to the cap

So maybe you can get a couple players with incentivised deals

I am not down on Zeke - as long as its a one year deal

if they extend Vato - which might make sense - they can get a bit more cap space

So maybe today, I extend Davis - sign JJ3 and maybe either Zeke or Floyd - if talking bigger money

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Zeke is the very best at Pass Pro.
      This may be the deciding factor.
      Its not like Zeke is the pass catcher Ekeler is but maybe in pass-pro and running the ball - he is better

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Zeke is the very best at Pass Pro.
        This may be the deciding factor.
        I don’t think people remember Duane Thomas

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Per OTC - the Chargers are at 14.6
          signing draft class: 3.6
          practice squad: 2m
          injured reserve: 4m

So that leaves about 5m

veteran players on the minimum - maybe you give them $250k in a bonus - they really don't affect the cap - that much

If you sign JJ3 for 3.5m - thats net 2.75m to the cap

So maybe you can get a couple players with incentivised deals

I am not down on Zeke - as long as its a one year deal

if they extend Vato - which might make sense - they can get a bit more cap space

So maybe today, I extend Davis - sign JJ3 and maybe either Zeke or Floyd - if talking bigger money
          What about extending Herbert? Wont that count on this season or can they set it up so it starts in 2024? I thought they could do that before, not sure now.

I also think signing Zeke would be a mistake. We would be getting a declining Zeke. Why sign that? There are other vets if they even want a RB.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
            I think they sign 3 more FAs before camp. I’m hoping for Leonard Floyd and John Johnson at this point for 2 out of the 3. Floyd and Tuli should give them the depth they need to keep Bosa and Mack fresh. Then have Rumph as your 5th. Look at Dallas and how deep they are at edge players. Maybe go after Callahan or Troy Hill. All these guys have the experience in the system to be successful. We all know Staley needs that to make his D look at least decent.
            A majority of healthy starters will make then decent. Our edge / DL took a beating. We hardly saw the starters together.
            Healthy Bosa + Morgan Fox + Tuli + Matlock makes them a different front. Bash is back, probably Austin Johnson and Otito.
            "Explosive" 6-4, 334 NT Jerrod Clark may earn a roster spot.

A solid front & pass rush helps, that's a fact. Not to dis post draft FA adds. We'll see.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What about extending Herbert? Wont that count on this season or can they set it up so it starts in 2024? I thought they could do that before, not sure now.

I also think signing Zeke would be a mistake. We would be getting a declining Zeke. Why sign that? There are other vets if they even want a RB.
              First off, I am not giving Zeke a lot of money. Like maybe a couple million with the chance to make incentives and only a one year deal. As for signing other vets - I looked at the list: Zeke, Fournette, Elliott, Drake, Murray, Gordon

If the cost is under 1m more to get Zeke - I think he would be worth the difference. That is if they are signing a running back. A bunch of the names on there are JAGs --- I think Zeke, since he was the best one of the bunch - I would take my chance with him the most. Especially if Moore gives the A-OK

As for Herbert - they probably can get a few million from him - but thats it. Not much more

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

draft time is great because it helps identify the jerks around here...
                Jerk is a pretty strong word. Any long time fan of the team understands the frustration of being stuck with Spanos and the lack of ability to win a championship. But the Spanii aren't going anywhere bar a miracle law suit loss, so I honestly can't fathom why they want to subject themselves to the bleak future with no hope. I have a different attitude in that teams like the Red Sox and Cubs can snap long suffering and win a championship - why not us?

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

We definitely need a back that can run between the tackles.
                  If Spiller or Kelley is that guy, then so be it. Let's see them do it.
                  But we badly need that threat if our running game is to be of any value.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Jerk is a pretty strong word. Any long time fan of the team understands the frustration of being stuck with Spanos and the lack of ability to win a championship. But the Spanii aren't going anywhere bar a miracle law suit loss, so I honestly can't fathom why they want to subject themselves to the bleak future with no hope. I have a different attitude in that teams like the Red Sox and Cubs can snap long suffering and win a championship - why not us?
                    Me too - We got hope and see positives. I can’t understand why the guys that hate so reflexively, automatically, deeply and profoundly are even here.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Craig440
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don’t think people remember Duane Thomas
                      I remember Duane Thomas. I had season tickets at the time. That guy was great when inspired. Problem was he had some mental deal with other people. Would stand on the sideline ten feet away from any other player or coach.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Will Guyton be ready for camp?
                        If not, Pokey has an opening?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Pretty sure the ankle surgery, lack of practice had him off his game. Still a big IF. TBD.
                          Did they remove his balls when they performed the ankle surgery? Sure looks like it . . . . . . Hard no.

Comment

Working...
                          X