• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    Did the Charger just sign a NY Giants DT Nick Williams?
    Yes. I think Mack & Staley know him from Chi. DL/ NT depth.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

yes, and that brings the team to 90 player limit, correct? they cannot sign anymore people without cutting someone, correct me if I'm wrong...

williams is 33 he's bounced around from steelers to chiefs, then Chicago, then Detroit and now LAC...he looks like a clone od Davidson and covington but older than both of those guys...

EDIT: I just realized that okoye doesn't count towards the 90 man roster it's part of the way that the NFL encourages these teams to give these foreign players a legit shot to stick on the roster, they also get an exception on the practices squad if the team keeps them around past final cuts...even okay's practice squad salary wouldn't count against the 2023 cap...BUT since he get's a roster excemption on the 90 man maybe the chargers can still sign a 91st player to the offseason roster...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I believe this registers as a -0.7 on the Richter Scale.

Uncontrollable... urge... to... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Goodgawdamighty, how many weeks until camp?!?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

MEH

Sign John Johnson already, at a position where the Chargers are weak

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I believe this registers as a -0.7 on the Richter Scale.

Uncontrollable... urge... to... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Goodgawdamighty, how many weeks until camp?!?
            Depth on the DL is good

But come on Telesco -- you cannot be done yet. Or the Spanii - don't stop spending the money now.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

I think they might be happy with the safety battle going into camp with Gilman, Woods, Webb and Finley. I think it’s a bit thin. Maybe they sign Johnson or another cheap vet.

I’d like them to go after Leonard Floyd. They need more depth there. With Mack’s age and Bosa’s injury history, keeping those guys fresh with Floyd and Tuli rotating in could pay massive dividends. From what I’ve seen with Floyd, it’s between the Chargers and Eagles who he’ll sign with. With Panthers being a lurking team in the background.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                I think they might be happy with the safety battle going into camp with Gilman, Woods, Webb and Finley. I think it’s a bit thin. Maybe they sign Johnson or another cheap vet.

I’d like them to go after Leonard Floyd. They need more depth there. With Mack’s age and Bosa’s injury history, keeping those guys fresh with Floyd and Tuli rotating in could pay massive dividends. From what I’ve seen with Floyd, it’s between the Chargers and Eagles who he’ll sign with. With Panthers being a lurking team in the background.
                An injury to Derwin is by no means out of the question given his history. Then you are trotting out Gilman and WOODS....good luck with that

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

This is my concern. The Chargers are 60m over the cap right now in 2024. The Spanii/Telesco/Staley pushed a lot of chips for this year. So to stop now and not add a couple more players - even if that means pushing 4-5m more onto 2024 - it doesn;t make sense. Give your team the BEST chance to succeed. For me, the two players would be Floyd and JJ3.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

An injury to Derwin is by no means out of the question given his history. Then you are trotting out Gilman and WOODS....good luck with that
                    Was surprised the Chargers didn't draft someone like Safety Jordan Battle in the 3rd round instead the Bengals drafted him, but TT felt he had to draft a LB because the 2 other LB's he recently drafted haven't really worked out! Also TT and BS believe Woods who was a high draft pick is the guy that can step in this year. We'll see if they are right, but this could either make or break our GM and HC in regard to them being here after next season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Was surprised the Chargers didn't draft someone like Safety Jordan Battle in the 3rd round instead the Bengals drafted him, but TT felt he had to draft a LB because the 2 other LB's he recently drafted haven't really worked out! Also TT and BS believe Woods who was a high draft pick is the guy that can step in this year. We'll see if they are right, but this could either make or break our GM and HC in regard to them being here after next season.
                      I am still 60/40 on this being a good season for the Chargers. That is 11+ wins, a win in the playoffs and overall a solid positive season

That said, there is still some trepidation until I see the improved running game, the improved offense scoring more points and the defense. And I can see this also being a 6-7 win team if everything falls apart. If that happens. Telesco should be home for the Holidays

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Safety feels like the least-answered question mark at this point to me too. I don't know how all of these "others" will step up this year, but I don't know what the staff knows. Woods was not ready, no idea from my chair here if he's progressed to offer any confidence to the staff. I thought Webb flashed but also was not prepared last year to hold the fort consistently. I don't even know who this Finley cat is.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Good point...need S depth...

Comment

Working...
                          X