• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

WR don't care if the guy has blazing speed. He has to get separation and make catches. You don't need 4.3 speed to get behind DBs
    and burn them. You do need short area moves that gets you space.

TE I don't see any Kelce's in this years draft. There are some that can help us, but it's even doubtful any of them can un seat Everett as
    rookies. Parham has been a huge disappointment. Mostly due to injuries. But we got him cheap that's why he's currently on the roster.

OT, OC and OG agree
    Edge agree and it's a prime position
    RB Spiller is not the answer, move on.
    CB agreed
    WR2 agreed, but we're stuck. We either live with the contracts or cut the cords. This could be Allen's last year.

I do not believe TT has ever traded back. But if there was ever a time, this may be it.
    Fair enough correct. WR with the ability to create some YAC on short passes while also the ability to get behind DBs -- so yes, your explanation is better than mine

I don't see a Kelce - granted, he was a 3rd round pick

Deep down I probably agree Spiller is not the answer

I know he has never traded down - so I am not hopeful. But the thing about the first round it seems like there are options at TE - not just Day 1; Edge is pretty deep; WR seems to have better value ion the 2nd round than 1st round.

I mean is there that big of a difference between Fokesy (ND Edge) and say Lukas Van Ness and NOlan Smith. One might be better, I get that. But maybe getting two good players is better than one player marginally better

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think a TE can contribute as a rookie even if we have Everett who will only be here 1 more season and be the starter and then after a year w/ experience the rookie can thrive year 2.
      Who knows, if we get one early maybe they can thrive in the second half of the season but if we get a mid rounder, cool too. As you said Parham is meh but can block.
      Then...with no major holes, we can be ALL IN for Bowers in 2024 which would be awesomeness imo.

Bowers is a complete package TE.
      Unfortunately unless we finish 4-13 we're not going to have a shot at Bowers. I don't foresee that happening. I hinted at this before but people didn't get it.
      Thought I was making a prediction.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Fair enough correct. WR with the ability to create some YAC on short passes while also the ability to get behind DBs -- so yes, your explanation is better than mine

I don't see a Kelce - granted, he was a 3rd round pick

Deep down I probably agree Spiller is not the answer

I know he has never traded down - so I am not hopeful. But the thing about the first round it seems like there are options at TE - not just Day 1; Edge is pretty deep; WR seems to have better value ion the 2nd round than 1st round.

I mean is there that big of a difference between Fokesy (ND Edge) and say Lukas Van Ness and NOlan Smith. One might be better, I get that. But maybe getting two good players is better than one player marginally better
        In as far as a receiving Kincaid. Hard to say. The top guys are about in the same type with Mayer being the most complete. Kincaid is not a blocker. The outliner
        is Washington. Big body more inclined to succeed as a blocking TE. Doesn't have the production, but he was playing at Georgia. If you take him in the 1st you're
        probably a team that likes to run outside. Otherwise you may be taking a chance on the guy.

We can come away with a pretty good guy @21, no matter the position OR we can trade down. How many blue chip guys are there? I define blue chip as a
        guy that's an immediate starter. In some drafts it could be as high as 40 something. In others less than a dozen. This year somewhere between 15-20 the way
        I see it.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Kincaid can't block and is old. He's hit his ceiling as a big WR.
          he is not Kelce, no one is.
          I think I'd take my chances on mr injury bug Musgrave over Kincaid, at least he has the athletic upside to be a complete TE which is what we need.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

We can come away with a pretty good guy @21, no matter the position OR we can trade down. How many blue chip guys are there? I define blue chip as a
            guy that's an immediate starter. In some drafts it could be as high as 40 something. In others less than a dozen. This year somewhere between 15-20 the way
            I see it.
            Four QBs in the mix, someone will drop. And our draft will be decided from there.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Unfortunately unless we finish 4-13 we're not going to have a shot at Bowers. I don't foresee that happening. I hinted at this before but people didn't get it.
              Thought I was making a prediction.
              I did say ALL IN. Go get him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                I think I'd take my chances on mr injury bug Musgrave over Kincaid, at least he has the athletic upside to be a complete TE which is what we need.
                He can block but he isn't prolific at it. Gates wasn't a great blocker and we were happy with him.

Kincaid is 23.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Four QBs in the mix, someone will drop. And our draft will be decided from there.
                  Some GM in the hot seat will reach for a QB for two...heck, someone like Haener might even make it to the mid rounds...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    I have pointed this out before, but have you seen how many targets Musgrave has dropped...in the horribly small sample size we have on him? No real production, not enough tape to watch...very pedestrian after the catch...I honestly dont know what all the buzz is about...and he drops the ball...16.1% drop rate...that is bad...nevermind the injury history. Better, safer picks through round 2...his potential and athleticism might warrant a 3rd, but I am "Luke" warm on him, sorry...

Kincaid may develop into a fine blocker...or maybe not...but he looks better catching and running than Kelce ever did in college...

As for the pros, NOBODY is Kelce right now...but if ANYBODY can project to that level, its Kincaid...and 23 isnt that old for a TE.

Im not even thinking bout Bowers....I might spend a top 15 pick on him...but we wont be picking there...Im not spending multiple picks to move up from somewhere near the bottom of the first to get him...pipe dream.

Edit: You know what...who am I to crush dreams? OK....so...if we knock the draft outta the park this year...pick up WR, Edge, and DT that all turn out to be great hits, and by the end of the year, all three are starters going forward...and JC comes back midseason and looks really good, our WR, dline, and secondary are looking flush...and Bowers again looks special...maybe I package some picks and move up next year....but that is a lot of ifs...lol...but isn't that what dreams are made of?
                    Last edited by Lone Bolt; 03-26-2023, 07:01 AM.
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

On Kincaids back, the fractures are not the spurs, like I thought...but again, not a long term issue, as long as you can determine good bone health, and that they were not a result of early osteoperosis, or even cancer...in short, there is no long term issues associated with this injury, if it was due to trauma, and there wasnt associated damage...which is what would have required surgery...which he doesnt need.

On the other hand...I smell a bargain...trade back some? Does he make it far enough into the second, we can trade up cheaply to get him....does he fall all the way to 54?
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

I think with more value at the TE and WR positions in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I don’t see them taking either one in the 1st. I see edge as the main target. LaPorta might be my favorite but I’d take any of those guys. Kuntz might not be there in the 4th, but I’d take him if he was. I don’t see them waiting that long to take a TE though.
                        As far as WRs, Mims Jr., Scott and Palmer are players I am looking at, with Mim Jr. being my favorite. I’d take him in the 2nd if he was there. He has the speed and for his size he makes good contested catches. Reminds me of Scary Terry McLaurin.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

In as far as a receiving Kincaid. Hard to say. The top guys are about in the same type with Mayer being the most complete. Kincaid is not a blocker. The outliner
                          is Washington. Big body more inclined to succeed as a blocking TE. Doesn't have the production, but he was playing at Georgia. If you take him in the 1st you're
                          probably a team that likes to run outside. Otherwise you may be taking a chance on the guy.

I see it.
                          Thats kind of my point. If the top tier talent stops in the mid teens and the next group of 15 to 20 players in a kind of bunch together - picking at 21 might be an overreach for a player you can like value at 27 - 33. And getting an extra 3rd for dropping down half dozen spots might be the way to go/

Granted - other teams might feel the same way and not want to move up

Comment

Working...
                          X