• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Lots of rookies play quality starters minutes. What's wrong with Tuli? The need for him to be THE pass rush is remote. Much like the need to sign a 3rd quality vet edge. We'd just be signing someone at a much higher price to keep Tuli on the bench. Ain't gonna happen.
    Just because you sign somebody doesn't mean they will play. Just means better depth right now than Chris Rumph - who has not shown consistency. If Tuli earns the snaps, he will play.

Plus the cost for a guy like Floyd might be 3-4m for one year. Not getting a multi year deal or some big cap number
    Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 05-18-2023, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I noticed it all, and that's the appropriate response.
      the point is that "coach got mad" which, probably means he just mentioned it as he should. If not, coach isn't doing his job, I just happened to notice.
      point stands.
      Yeah, and I might be over-defensive of my favorite new player - i just want the kids to have a little fun before adulthood strips them of all joy.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Just because you sign somebody doesn't mean they will play. Just means better depth right now than Chris Rumph - who has not shown consistency. If Tuli earns the snaps, he will play.

Plus the cost for a guy like Floyd might be 3-4m for one year. Not getting a multi year deal or some big cap number
        That's $3-4m for a guy I hope will never see the field at edge. How is he on special teams?

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

KEEPER OR CUT 'EM?

Every one of the 17 picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts made the team and are on the roster. Aside from the obvious keepers, there are several players that I honestly don't if they will make the roster this year.

Chris Rumph (2021 4th rd) keeper or cut ' em?
          Brenden Jaimes (2021 5th rd)
          Nick Nieman (2021 6th rd)
          Larry Rountree (2021 6th rd)
          Mark Webb (2021 7th rd)
          Deane Leonard (2022 7th rd)

Ja'Sir Taylor, a 6th rd CB drafted last year, is currently penciled in as the starting NB, so I assume he will secure a roster spot? Or is he on the bubble?

Same with Zander Horvath, last year's 7th rd pick. He scored receiving TDs in weeks 1 & 2, but then disappeared. When he was drafted, there was some chatter on the board about him being a power back, but he contributed nothing as a ball carrier last season and I don't know if he has any value as a RB, or how good of a FB he is.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            KEEPER OR CUT 'EM?

Every one of the 17 picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts made the team and are on the roster. Aside from the obvious keepers, there are several players that I honestly don't if they will make the roster this year.

Mark Webb (2021 7th rd)

Ja'Sir Taylor, a 6th rd CB drafted last year, is currently penciled in as the starting NB, so I assume he will secure a roster spot? Or is he on the bubble?

Same with Zander Horvath, last year's 7th rd pick. He scored receiving TDs in weeks 1 & 2, but then disappeared. When he was drafted, there was some chatter on the board about him being a power back, but he contributed nothing as a ball carrier last season and I don't know if he has any value as a RB, or how good of a FB he is.
            probably keep as EDge is important
            he and clapp - both need to be upgraded
            good ST
            don't care
            maybe ST
            probabiy keeping

Ja'Sir has a spot
            Zander - who knows -

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              KEEPER OR CUT 'EM?

Mark Webb (2021 7th rd)

good question. my guess is Jaimes is gone, the rest are likely here. but there's a lot of camp and playing before September, we haven't seen if there are any rough diamonds in the UDFA pile.

Horvath is here - Moore will find a way to use him too. he plays ST.​
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

good question. my guess is Jaimes is gone, the rest are likely here. but there's a lot of camp and playing before September, we haven't seen if there are any rough diamonds in the UDFA pile.

Yeah, Jaimes was a useless pick. I'm not sure about Rountree, Webb or Leonard either.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If Jaimes is back -- thats not good

Personally also thought Clapp should have been upgraded

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Haha
                    I'm glad my obtuseness can shock and humor you because I get the sense not many can.

Who's scolding?! Im simply commenting, but yes, scolding is next if I see it again.
                    Just, do it right. Whether in shorts vs no defenders or in actual training camp, you're practicing, and you have only so many reps, so do it right a few hundred times correctly before you flash it up for social media. Just my opinion.

get off my lawn? Maybe.
                    but my lawn has no championships.
                    My lawn is full of dog turds.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Welcome DT Nick Williams. Grey beard coming off his 6th different team. Depth.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-bl...holas-williams

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Did the Charger just sign a NY Giants DT Nick Williams?
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          Did the Charger just sign a NY Giants DT Nick Williams?
                          yes, and that brings the team to 90 player limit, correct? they cannot sign anymore people without cutting someone, correct me if I'm wrong...

williams is 33 he's bounced around from steelers to chiefs, then Chicago, then Detroit and now LAC...he looks like a clone od Davidson and covington but older than both of those guys...

EDIT: I just realized that okoye doesn't count towards the 90 man roster it's part of the way that the NFL encourages these teams to give these foreign players a legit shot to stick on the roster, they also get an exception on the practices squad if the team keeps them around past final cuts...even okay's practice squad salary wouldn't count against the 2023 cap...BUT since he get's a roster excemption on the 90 man maybe the chargers can still sign a 91st player to the offseason roster...
                          Last edited by Fouts2herbert; 05-18-2023, 06:20 PM.
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X