• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am still 60/40 on this being a good season for the Chargers. That is 11+ wins, a win in the playoffs and overall a solid positive season

That said, there is still some trepidation until I see the improved running game, the improved offense scoring more points and the defense. And I can see this also being a 6-7 win team if everything falls apart. If that happens. Telesco should be home for the Holidays
    I'm 90/10 . I cannot see a 6-7 team. My W floor is 10, expected is 11.5 (not sure 11 or 12), ceiling is 13.5. then again, my floor last year was 11 but I write off the extraordinary injury curse as not an annual event.

Some folks need to see it first, thats ok. I have a personal aversion to worst-case predictions.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Safety feels like the least-answered question mark at this point to me too. I don't know how all of these "others" will step up this year, but I don't know what the staff knows. Woods was not ready, no idea from my chair here if he's progressed to offer any confidence to the staff. I thought Webb flashed but also was not prepared last year to hold the fort consistently. I don't even know who this Finley cat is.
      Here u go:

AJ Finley NFL Draft Scouting Report

SAF, Ole Miss Rebels

AJ Finley is a senior defensive back who played multiple positions throughout his career at Ole Miss early but settled into the safety position. At the safety position, Finley has proven to be a productive defender, finishing his career with more than 200 tackles and eight interceptions. Finley’s ability to make plays in the run game and in pass coverage comes from his range and instincts.

As a run defender, Finley does a good job of triggering from depth at his FS position and closing to ball carriers. Finley does a good job breaking down and approaching defenders with a good angle for him to make the tackle. As a tackler, Finley uses his length to wrap and drag defenders to the ground. Although Finley has a thin frame he has shown a willingness to tackle ball carriers.

In pass coverage, Finley shows to be a high-IQ player with an in-depth understanding of route combinations. In Finley’s career, he has made game-changing plays and has an interception return for a touchdown. Finley does a good job jumping routes to make plays on the ball. In man-to-man coverage, he’s shown that he can cover receivers in the slot, mirroring them on in-breakers and carrying players vertically down the field. Finley’s arm length helps him make plays on the ball, although there are times he is out of phase.

Finley’s concern as a player comes from his frame and his ability to consistently show well against the run without getting injured. In the run game, Finley throws his body around to make tackles, but there is a concern about how long his frame will hold up. Finley could benefit from using different tackling techniques that require less of him using his entire frame to tackle to help preserve his body.

Top Reasons to Buy In:
      • Positional versatility
      • Ball production (8 career interceptions)

Top Reasons For Concern:
      • Thin frame
      • Injury concerns

Size (TBD):

Height: 6020

Weight: 205 lbs

Wingspan: TBD

Arm Length: TBD

Hand Size: TBD

Athletic Testing (source):

40-yard Dash: 4.50s

Vertical Jump: TBD

Broad Jump: TBD

Short-Shuttle: TBD

Three-Cone: TBD

Bench Reps: TBD

Ideal Role: Free safety

Scheme Fit: Cover 2 or Cover 4 scheme

TDN Consensus Grade: 68.00/100 (Sixth-Round Value)
      • Sanchez Grade: 68.00/100
      https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prosp...-ca2e676696e1/

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Yeah, and I might be over-defensive of my favorite new player - i just want the kids to have a little fun before adulthood strips them of all joy.
        Amen.
        I can appreciate this.
        Rooting very hard for our guy "Q"
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

PFF's Sam Monson and Steve Palazzolo discuss the top-25 players under 25 years of age headed into the 2023 season.Check out the full article HERE: https://ww...

Slater is number 8 in top 25 players under 25 years old.
          Amazing pick. I had Darrisaw ahead of him as a "safer pick"
          but he also made the list a bit lower.

A Telesco homerun pick.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I'm 90/10 . I cannot see a 6-7 team. My W floor is 10, expected is 11.5 (not sure 11 or 12), ceiling is 13.5. then again, my floor last year was 11 but I write off the extraordinary injury curse as not an annual event.

Some folks need to see it first, thats ok. I have a personal aversion to worst-case predictions.
            I am usually very bullish on the Chargers - and some seasons - it didn't happen. So I am taking a full on wait and see approach especially with two things

1) running game
            2) 3rd down defense

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good point...need S depth...
              I would love Floyd too, but if they can make room for one more signing I hope it is Johnson, or even Amos from GB as a second choice

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am still 60/40 on this being a good season for the Chargers. That is 11+ wins, a win in the playoffs and overall a solid positive season

That said, there is still some trepidation until I see the improved running game, the improved offense scoring more points and the defense. And I can see this also being a 6-7 win team if everything falls apart. If that happens. Telesco should be home for the Holidays
                Everything fell apart last year and we won 10 games. Worse would have to be an extreme event I prefer not to contemplate.
                We were the 13th best scoring O. Top 3 is Moore like it. # 1 is preferable. and may be possible.
                We were 7th best pass D, getting avg or better at run D, combined with a top scoring offense, we'll be in business.
                The 2022 weakest areas were run O and run D.
                The corrective action taken for O is Moore. + some OL changes, WR additions.
                D is DL, ILB and ILB coach.
                I'm Looking Forward to the Chargers 2023 NFL season.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I believe this registers as a -0.7 on the Richter Scale.

Uncontrollable... urge... to... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Goodgawdamighty, how many weeks until camp?!?
                  It’s beef depth at least. But yes, hoping for JJIII soon.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Everything fell apart last year and we won 10 games. Worse would have to be an extreme event I prefer not to contemplate.
                    We were the 13th best scoring O. Top 3 is Moore like it. # 1 is preferable. and may be possible.
                    We were 7th best pass D, getting avg or better at run D, combined with a top scoring offense, we'll be in business.
                    The 2022 weakest areas were run O and run D.
                    The corrective action taken for O is Moore. + some OL changes, WR additions.
                    D is DL, ILB and ILB coach.
                    I'm Looking Forward to the Chargers 2023 NFL season.
                    and DC

I get the logic completely for how 2023 >>> 2022, the analysis is solid. But its not going to change any of the "wait and see" guys, They trusted and loved and then they were hurt, and its not the first time either. they were told 2022 SB contender, the team ended up barely WC, and then alas it then fell flat on its face in that WC game. it happens, but its hard to take.

Now - they are just not going to be first to say "i love you" again. The team will have to give them a warm tender reach-around first. until both balls are caringly cupped, they are just not getting on board.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      It’s beef depth at least. But yes, hoping for JJIII soon.
                      JJ3 is the high priced Safety that some guys keep posting he's the worst tackler in football? what are his positives?

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

and DC

I get the logic completely for how 2023 >>> 2022, the analysis is solid. But its not going to change any of the "wait and see" guys, They trusted and loved and then they were hurt, and its not the first time either. they were told 2022 SB contender, the team ended up barely WC, and then alas it then fell flat on its face in that WC game. it happens, but its hard to take.

Now - they are just not going to be first to say "i love you" again. The team will have to give them a warm tender reach-around first. until both balls are caringly cupped, they are just not getting on board.
                        I wouldn't have put it quite like that but you made me laugh!

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

JJ3 is the high priced Safety that some guys keep posting he's the worst tackler in football? what are his positives?
                          He played well for Staley at the Rams.

Comment

Working...
                          X