Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
    What happened to Hightower? I thought he was tearing it up in camp.
    Yeah, I remember people getting excited about Hightower, but I'd seen his game tape already and knew he is not NFL material. Fans often don't know what is really going on.

Comment

• cmplxgal
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • New Jersey
      • Send PM

Current practice squad (15 of 17):

QB Max Duggan
      T Zack Bailey
      G/T Austen Pleasants
      WR Keelan Doss
      WR Terrell Bynum
      WR Alex Erickson
      TE Hunter Kampmoyer
      TE Nick Vannett

DL CJ Okoye
      DL Jerrod Clark
      DL Christian Covington
      OLB Brevin Allen
      OLB Andrew Farmer
      CB Matt Hankins
      S Dean Marlowe

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, you are right I believe. What happened to Pokey Wilson though? I mean after he was signed to the PS after the draft there were posters here comparing him to Ja'Marr Chase. I have to admit I was kind of excited at his potential to be developed into a decent WR. Did he do anything in the preseason?
        I noticed he was in a few plays, but no receptions as far as I know. During training camp, he had his own thread here (the only one for a UDFA), for some reason, but once games started, nothing. I think the most interesting thing about him was his name, lol.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I noticed he was in a few plays, but no receptions as far as I know. During training camp, he had his own thread here (the only one for a UDFA), for some reason, but once games started, nothing. I think the most interesting thing about him was his name, lol.
          I wonder what his fatal flaw was...for Pokey? Too slow? Bad routes? No Separation?
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

His college video looked good. But so did KJ Hill's. So maybe it was deceiving. Or maybe he just doesn't have it together, you know? In college it's easier to just get by on talent, you don't have to devote yourself as fully. In the NFL it's a different culture. You have to be 100 percent devoted or you're out.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think I saw the Broncos put Sheppard on their practice squad.

Vanette brings a lot to the table, not sure why he bounced around so much. He is better than the scrap heap vet TE (Rodgers?) who had to fill in last season and he is probably better than McKitty

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, I remember people getting excited about Hightower, but I'd seen his game tape already and knew he is not NFL material. Fans often don't know what is really going on.
                we appreciate your expertise, we just wish you were a fan of our team

I didn't get excited - I remembered him from last year, unable to beat out multiple WR's that were elevated to the roster but unable to play NFL football. People here love speed, they worship at the goddess of speed. Nothing wrong with speed, I lived thru the 80s. But Rule 1 is you have to be able to play football.

Doss was by far the best WR in PS that is not on the roster. I thought he'd be on the roster, but Staley & Co went with protecting the ...

season 1 he adventures of pete and pete GIF
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Herbert 99
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

How about just play your ass off and earn as much as you can from us or another team.
                  we had a good team that year and could have went far if he didn't hold out.
                  sure you can blame telesco for not caving to his demands but he was under contract, was respected in the locker room and could have had a special season for himself and every Charger fan here.
                  touchy subject for me, sorry.
                  dude he was on my fantasy team.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I wonder what his fatal flaw was...for Pokey? Too slow? Bad routes? No Separation?
                    I thought I saw Pokey on a "Non-Football" injury report... or illness...?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      was Zander carrying a weapon?
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Nick Vannett is very mediocre. I think Smartt has better potential.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

when they don't bring them back on the PS it could be anything from medical stuff to behavior stuff and everything in between...their's is basically a crazy long job interview that starts before the draft and even before they sign as undrafted rookies to when they learn whether or not the team has long term plans for them, whether it's on the 53 man roster or on the PS...everything they say to coaches or teamates is being observed, how they study, how they treat teammates, everything is under the microscope and the charger organization is picky about player personalities, perhaps even more than the typical NFL team...it doesn't have to be one flaw, it could be a combination of things too, perhaps he was too slow to pick things up and combined with a medical issue that could cause issues down the road the team might've felt that the payoff wasn't worth the investment, who knows, like I said it could be almost anything...
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X