• Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

It truly was a go for it offseason
    They picked up the highest paid Edge rusher and hte highest paid CB, paid a lot to Mike Williams
    and yes injuries happened -

Thats why I am okay with moving on from Allen, testing the Bosa trade market. As the Chargers can go one of two ways
    maybe make these two hard choices but keep the window open
    or start the cycle of kicking the can
    I think that trading bosa hurts the team less in the 2023 than moving on from KA and it would clear the most cap space too, just the bosa trade almost clears 20 million….then if you extend ekeler and davis adds 8.5 mil to space, cutting fieler and hopkins clears an additional 8.5mill, leaving the chargers with 16 plus million heading into FA, that’s enough to sign their picks and have money for in season moves and maybe even enough left over re-sign ONE of their own players like pipkins, tranquill, fox, van noy, or callahan…

trading bosa means that they make less moves in the form of restructures and such, meaning that they can more easily move on from KA and Mack in 2024 with less dead cap…when you put bosa in ahead to head with keenan, it’s obvious who’s been the best value and had a bigger impact on wins, it’s keenan all the way, he’s the one you keep, and that makes herbert happy too which cannot be overstated…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

It truly was a go for it offseason
      They picked up the highest paid Edge rusher and hte highest paid CB, paid a lot to Mike Williams
      and yes injuries happened -

Thats why I am okay with moving on from Allen, testing the Bosa trade market. As the Chargers can go one of two ways
      maybe make these two hard choices but keep the window open
      or start the cycle of kicking the can
      I'd like to believe that ownership has a plan for the cap in 23 & 24, and that it takes into account what was done in FA in 22. They've always managed the cap conservatively before (smartly).

Comment

• DennisR91
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

This is a mess. Thanks TT. That is why you never pay big money for WR, DB or RB. Money needs to go in the OL and DL. JC and MW contracts from last year are hurting our chances to win the big one. That is why the draft is so important financially,
        learning experience on the budgeting aspect :/
        also need to forecast better trade value on all players just to know — could have got a pick for tillery instead of releasing him.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

WR in the 7th round - thats not going to work

Chargers NEED, not want, NEED a WR by the end of the second round
          True, they need a WR but he won't be expected to start He'll be a back-up so he needn't be a first or second-rounder.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Around March 15th is when the new league year opens
            You’re correct, March 15th by 4pm eastern they need to be under the cap…so they still have about 5 weeks to get this all figured out…you can’t tear the whole team apart, keep keenan and mack thru 2023 and move bosa this year as his number clears the most space with the fewest moves necessary…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I think that trading bosa hurts the team less in the 2023 than moving on from KA and it would clear the most cap space too, just the bosa trade almost clears 20 million….then if you extend ekeler and davis adds 8.5 mil to space, cutting fieler and hopkins clears an additional 8.5mill, leaving the chargers with 16 plus million heading into FA, that’s enough to sign their picks and have money for in season moves and maybe even enough left over re-sign ONE of their own players like pipkins, tranquill, fox, van noy, or callahan…

trading bosa means that they make less moves in the form of restructures and such, meaning that they can more easily move on from KA and Mack in 2024 with less dead cap…when you put bosa in ahead to head with keenan, it’s obvious who’s been the best value and had a bigger impact on wins, it’s keenan all the way, he’s the one you keep, and that makes herbert happy too which cannot be overstated…
              Actuall that would be my preference - trading Bosa
              I just know the logistics of a trade is harder than just releasing a player so thats why I am putting the KA release as the option
              But if the chargers could actually made a decent trade (even Von Miller ish, a second and third ) - I wouldn't be opposed
              As you are right - they hold on to KA and Mack and next year - can reassess

Comment

• nomad1946
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2017
                • West Yellowstone, Montana
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post

learning experience on the budgeting aspect :/
                also need to forecast better trade value on all players just to know — could have got a pick for tillery instead of releasing him.
                If h e had had his temper tantrum before the trade deadline, never let fact interfere with a rant.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Actuall that would be my preference - trading Bosa
                  I just know the logistics of a trade is harder than just releasing a player so thats why I am putting the KA release as the option
                  But if the chargers could actually made a decent trade (even Von Miller ish, a second and third ) - I wouldn't be opposed
                  As you are right - they hold on to KA and Mack and next year - can reassess
                  You just invest whatever draft capital you get back for bosa at the edge position in an deep edge class and then maybe give van noy another whirl in 2023 although he’s getting up there, what is he like 34 now?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

You’re correct, March 15th by 4pm eastern they need to be under the cap…so they still have about 5 weeks to get this all figured out…you can’t tear the whole team apart, keep keenan and mack thru 2023 and move bosa this year as his number clears the most space with the fewest moves necessary…
                    I know I have been in the cut Allen camp - but its just because making a trade is harder than cutting Allen
                    That said - if they can keep Allen and get a decent return for Bosa - thats why

Granted, we are trusting Telesco to make the right moves

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

$20M over the cap and we got turfed out of the playoffs in round one in horrific fashion is a further indictment on Telesco and mgmt.

I vote for trading Bosa too but teams likely see he can't stay healthy and will balk.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                        $20M over the cap and we got turfed out of the playoffs in round one in horrific fashion is a further indictment on Telesco and mgmt.

I vote for trading Bosa too but teams likely see he can't stay healthy and will balk.
                        It is a total indictment of Telesco

If he drafted better he would haven't to use free agency to build his roster - only augment.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

You really don’t think bosa would have a market? His PFF stats alone in regards to pressures would net the chargers two early picks in the next couple of drafts, maybe a 2 this year and a 2 next, I’m speculating about compensation but I do think there would be a market he’s under 30 and signed thru 2025, plus the chargers have already paid the bulk of his deal…I think his market would be a lot bigger one than keenan’s, even tho to us keenan is actually more valuable in 2023…

Comment

Working...
                          X