• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

There is a lot going on with Ekeler but I feel really bad for Hopkins. He won us a game by kicking in extreme pain, suffered through injury, and then gets replaced by another guy for his reward. Now that aint' fair.

TG
    Bad break for Hopkins, but not a discredit to anyone. It was also a bad break for Wally Pipp when Lou Gehrig replaced him for ONE game, but played so well that he never missed a game in something like 14 years.

Not saying that Cameron Dicker = Lou Gehrig, but it's absolutely accurate to say that Dicker was the best that we, as Bolt fans, had seen at that position in a decade, plus.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

You mean under the cap, right? I think you're roughly in agreement with Popper, who had the Chargers with $9.8 million in effective cap space before the Fox re-signing. That is based on estimating the cap hits for Pipkins and Kendricks and allowing $4M (kind of a minimum) as a set-aside for in-season spending:

LOL, yes I meant under the cap…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I think the story (from police) is: He was racing with his friends, he CONTRIBUTED to them getting killed, fled the scene, then lied to police. Also alcohol was involved.

There is a wide spread problem starting with this street racing and I think they may make an example of him and probably should if the allegations are true.

TG
        if he “contributed”, that could mean he used his car in a way that caused them to crash, I didn’t hear that or read that anywhere, i was just speculating that if his involvement is found to be greater than he just fled the scene and lied to police, if that is the case he could be facing more chargers…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Big no on Jalen Carter....too risky...just the kinda dick up this team doesnt need...there will be a fine player available at 21. Nevermind the drama...this guy may be a beast for a handful of snaps, but he never had to work hard at Georgia, where they rotate like crazy...his snap count was way lower than most college DTs...
          It would be very out of character for the chargers to draft a guy with that much smoke around him…I don’t think they would, they should field trade down calls if someone else wants him tho…

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Carter just reached a plea bargain deal, pleading no contest and avoiding jail time.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

So Jalen Carter’s legal problems have been wrapped up! He pled no contest to the misdemeanors and the DA can not bring new chargers on the case against him ever again no matter what…a $1,000 fine and 80 hours of community service…the police have since released a new statement saying that his leaving the scene was misreported and that he was there when police arrived and then had to be called back a second time to clarify more details…his car was not involved in making the other car crash and he wasn’t drinking, LOL, he was racing a staffer that was 2 1/2 times over the legal limit but he was sober? So he challenged a drunken woman to a race? This all smells like fucking bullshit but the dead woman is now being blamed and carter has gotten his slap on the wrist and he’s good to go and become a top ten pick in the NFL draft, wow…

​“

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Nasir Adderly just announced his retirement from NFL

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

Here's the announcement:

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Carter just reached a plea bargain deal, pleading no contest and avoiding jail time.
                    When I was 17 my Dad bought a new Olds and my best friends Dad bought a new Mercury. Being boys, we both borrowed Dad's car one night and went to a nearby blacktop road that was mostly deserted and we raced each other. As luck would have it, the one and only cop in our small town was out there on that road and he caught us in the act. He didn't take us to jail. Instead, he followed us as we drove back home. He went in the house with me and told my Dad about it. Next, he went to Frank's house and told his Dad about it. My Dad took my car keys away from me and I had to walk everywhere I went if I couldn't hitch a ride from someone. Frank's Dad thought it was funny and just asked who one?

In view of all that, I won't be the one to downgrade Carter for racing. I think he's a very good DT and I'd be pleased if we could grab him in the draft.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

When I was 17 my Dad bought a new Olds and my best friends Dad bought a new Mercury. Being boys, we both borrowed Dad's car one night and went to a nearby blacktop road that was mostly deserted and we raced each other. As luck would have it, the one and only cop in our small town was out there on that road and he caught us in the act. He didn't take us to jail. Instead, he followed us as we drove back home. He went in the house with me and told my Dad about it. Next, he went to Frank's house and told his Dad about it. My Dad took my car keys away from me and I had to walk everywhere I went if I couldn't hitch a ride from someone. Frank's Dad thought it was funny and just asked who one?

In view of all that, I won't be the one to downgrade Carter for racing. I think he's a very good DT and I'd be pleased if we could grab him in the draft.
                      I don’t hold doing something dumb against him. But leaving the scene of a fatal crash while a teammate and staff member are literally dying? Than lying about it? No way I want that POS on my team, no matter how talented he is.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don’t hold doing something dumb against him. But leaving the scene of a fatal crash while a teammate and staff member are literally dying? Than lying about it? No way I want that POS on my team, no matter how talented he is.
                        Ah, but the truth turned out to be that he didn't leave the scene.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Ah, but the truth turned out to be that he didn't leave the scene.
                          I have not read that anywhere. Would change my mind a bit if he didn’t leave and lie about it.

Comment

Working...
                          X