• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Quick hitting QB pressure from both sides & the middle make the quick hit passes take a funky path sometimes.
    One elite pass rusher is a pain in the ass, multiple good to great pass rushers make it a toss-up.
    I want to play 2023 with multiples on both sides, O & D.
    Get me a top TE & a downfield speed WR for Moore plus Edge, IDL depth.
    And a between the tackles RB.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Looks that way . . . . . I think Joey's going to have a difficult year next year. There will be a reaction from the referees due to his actions in and public comments after the Jville game. Whinny bitches rarely get the benefit of the doubt . . . . . He will not be getting any calls unless it's completely obvious, and that's going to frustrate him even further - he better be prepared mentally to deal with this . . . . . . and keep his mouth shut.

All this assuming he's not injured of course . . . .
      Yeah, I see it almost 180 degrees different. IF (I know) Joey and Khalil stay relatively healthy... they will both benefit. In the 1st two games together, they combined for 6.5 sacks. The 3rd game of the season, Joey goes down with injury (I know you guys don't believe in injuries) and Mack's sack numbers magically disappear... just like Joey's sack numbers magically disappeared once Melvin got hurt (and old)... People love to point to Nwosu's increased sack numbers with Seattle. What they forget to mention is that Carrol uses him very differently than what Staley requires of his EDGE setters/rushers.

In regards to the effing-reffing. The league (and referees in general) should be embarrassed... not Joey. I hope someone from the league office goes back and watches those exchanges... the blatent holding that was allowed to transpire during that game. If that is the trend in officiating moving forward... I'm taking EDGE rusher off my draft board and replacing them with 5th round OT's... with ultra-strong Kung-Fu grip capabilities.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Quick hitting QB pressure from both sides & the middle make the quick hit passes take a funky path sometimes.
        One elite pass rusher is a pain in the ass, multiple good to great pass rushers make it a toss-up.
        curious who your mid round depth guys are for the Dline ??

you get your pass catchers day one & two, and do you get a pass rusher round two or four, or.... ??

Tuli Tuipulotu, Siaki Ika, Keion White, Foskey, Derrick Hall.... seems like round two is the sweet spot for getting after the QB ?? as after that, don't see much, save maybe for YaYa Diaby ??

and maybe you like Keanu Benton round two instead ?? as again, don't really see any IDL round four/day three that I'd really care to mention.... ??

personally I'd wait off a bit on a WR in lieu of your DL reinforcements, albeit and jftr.... am a LB proponent speaking for myself.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I know you're a skeptic... but finances will go into this decision as well. Look at the dead-cap hits and cap savings of the Big-4 for post-2023 cuts...

Bosa: $22.2 mil dead cap... $14.4 mil savings
          Mack: $15.3 mil dead-cap... $23.25 mil savings

Williams: $12.5 mil dead-cap... $20 mil savings
          Allen: $11.6 mil dead-cap... $23.1 mil savings

personal opinion is that team Tommy John played the above very poorly, as woulda much rather "over paid" for the both of Ekeler and Mike D. and not taken on the cap hits for Joey nor Mike.

if things transpire as I suspect, think the best option will be to look for trade partners for the both of Bosa 'n MW, rather than take the cap hit/savings.... ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I'm in 90% agreement. I'd replace that "top TE" with a middle/late round receiver/punt returner. IMO, what the offense needs is more space to operate. Once Guyton went down, the passing lanes closed and the field became compressed for WR/RB/TE alike. I'm not saying, "Don't draft TE"... I just see better TE value in the 4th/5th. Most importantly, I see BPA's in the 1st round (CB/DB over TE). I see 6 or 7 CBs/DBs that I believe are better than TE's Kincaid/Mayer. And I believe a CB/DB would have a bigger effect on the overall betterment of the team.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I'm in 90% agreement. I'd replace that "top TE" with a middle/late round receiver/punt returner. IMO, what the offense needs is more space to operate. Once Guyton went down, the passing lanes closed and the field became compressed for WR/RB/TE alike. I'm not saying, "Don't draft TE"... I just see better TE value in the 4th/5th. Most importantly, I see BPA's in the 1st round (CB/DB over TE). I see 6 or 7 CBs/DBs that I believe are better than TE's Kincaid/Mayer. And I believe a CB/DB would have a bigger effect on the overall betterment of the team.
              not sure how you come to that conclusion, as Guyton spent most of his time on the pine, and not drawing defenders to the deep end of the field.... ??

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

personal opinion is that team Tommy John played the above very poorly, as woulda much rather "over paid" for the both of Ekeler and Mike D. and not taken on the cap hits for Joey nor Mike.

if things transpire as I suspect, think the best option will be to look for trade partners for the both of Bosa 'n MW, rather than take the cap hit/savings.... ??
                I think CB and RB are much easier to replace via the draft. I like that they re-structured all 4. IMO, it sends a message of, "Y'all better be competing to the best of your abilities... because 2 of you are leaving next year". And for good measure... I just might draft an EDGE rusher in the 2nd round... and a WR in the 3rd round... LOL! That's "Iron Fist" level stuff right there.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Extending Ekeler and Mike D would not even have got the savings from Bosa. Let alone both Bosa and Mike Williams

The numbers were always there - I saw them three months ago. I know you are a Keenan guy - but Williams contract, unless he could be traded was not releasable. Bosa, same thing. Bosa could not be released, only traded.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Yeah, I see it almost 180 degrees different. IF (I know) Joey and Khalil stay relatively healthy... they will both benefit. In the 1st two games together, they combined for 6.5 sacks. The 3rd game of the season, Joey goes down with injury (I know you guys don't believe in injuries) and Mack's sack numbers magically disappear... just like Joey's sack numbers magically disappeared once Melvin got hurt (and old)... People love to point to Nwosu's increased sack numbers with Seattle. What they forget to mention is that Carrol uses him very differently than what Staley requires of his EDGE setters/rushers.

In regards to the effing-reffing. The league (and referees in general) should be embarrassed... not Joey. I hope someone from the league office goes back and watches those exchanges... the blatent holding that was allowed to transpire during that game. If that is the trend in officiating moving forward... I'm taking EDGE rusher off my draft board and replacing them with 5th round OT's... with ultra-strong Kung-Fu grip capabilities.
                    There's a surprise!!
                    The refs will have it in for Joey next year because he made an ass out of himself AND publicly called out one of their own, pitching a fit over conditions (holding) that every other pass rusher in the league has to deal with - but doesn't publicly complain about? The refereeing community is going to have VERY little sympathy towards Joey, and even less respect. I don't think it's going to matter if both Bosa and Mack are playing together or not - Bosa's screwed, and his productivity with it.

I'd like to see the one on ones of our tackles from the Jville game. Everyone is quick to complain about our defenders being held (very true), but what are the refs allowing our tackles to do? I suspect that our guys get away with just as much holding / mugging as the other team's tackles, which is a good thing because it keeps JH upright - which is the whole point to the way offensive holding is called league wide. The owners want their $50 million men on the field, not in the hospital, and the league wants points and competitive games, which is extremely hard to do with backup QB's.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

I'm glad Joey is standing up to these Crooked ass refs.Tired of seeing em Obviously control game outcomes for years.It is literally ruining the integrity of the game.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

not sure how you come to that conclusion, as Guyton spent most of his time on the pine, and not drawing defenders to the deep end of the field.... ??
                        In 2021, Guyton had 48 targets. I don't know how many snaps he had... but in each year, his snaps/role grew.
                        In 2021, Mike Williams was tied for the league lead in 40+ receptions. Some of that was due to extra help over the top for Guyton.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

In 2021, Guyton had 48 targets. I don't know how many snaps he had... but in each year, his snaps/role grew.
                          In 2021, Mike Williams was tied for the league lead in 40+ receptions. Some of that was due to extra help over the top for Guyton.
                          don't think that was the case for the '022,

Comment

Working...
                          X