• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Bijan lol.

But look at the other’s, very good looking DBs everywhere. Hence, Bijan.
    Thats also why its Bijan or trade back

Edge, WR, TE and CB seem to have a lot of depth deeper into rounds 2-4. Bijan seems to be very unique at the pure running back, carry the ball 18-20 times per game "bell cow" type running back.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Bijan lol.

But look at the other’s, very good looking DBs everywhere. Hence, Bijan.
      So what if Bijan is gone (most likely)...?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

So what if Bijan is gone (most likely)...?
        trading back and looking for a good deal

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Well if that's the case... Chris Rumph makes the Pro Bowl, Joshua Kelly rushes for 1,000 yards, Gerald Everett replaces Kelce as the best TE in the AFC West... and TT trades away all of our picks in the 2023 draft for identical 2024 picks... because we have become instantly better at all positions.

How's that for Polly-anna-ism?
          Much better, I was concerned that you were losing it with all the bad vibes here.
          Frankly, it undermines the true fans ability to just enjoy this team.

TT should just skip this draft..... to participate is a sign of insecurity: that a team isn't good enough and has to resort to this process.

They have all they need.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

trading back and looking for a good deal
            Its a sickness.....no different than constantly trying to line up the next hit.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Its a sickness.....no different than constantly trying to line up the next hit.
              so you really think every player drafted in teh first round is destined for greatness because quote, "they are a first round pick"

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

so you really think every player drafted in teh first round is destined for greatness because quote, "they are a first round pick"
                More often than not...there are some good players that slip out of the first round no doubt but I'm not trading down for a bag of Doritos.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

More often than not...there are some good players that slip out of the first round no doubt but I'm not trading down for a bag of Doritos.
                  Did I say that - I never said that

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I get that there are good DB's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. But for me, I see a CB/DB as the BPA @#21.
                    I also assume that Bijan, Quentin, and Jaxon are off the board... along with OT's Skoronski, Johnson, and Jones.

Here is my list of prospects probably off the board...

QB: Stroud, Young, Richardson, Levis (need pick)
                    WR: Quentinn, Jaxson, Hyatt (maybe)
                    RB: Bijan
                    OT: Skoronski, Paris, Jones

EDGE: Anderson, Murphy, Wilson
                    IDL: Carter, Bresee (maybe)
                    CB: Porter Jr, Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Branch

That's 20 players... these are players that regularly go top-20 in mocks... or are ranked by pundits

Best Players Possible IMO:

WR: Addison, Flowers, Downs
                    TE: Kincaid, Mayer
                    OT: Wright
                    RB: Gibbs

EDGE: Smith (probably 4-3 OLB), Ojulari, McDonald, Foskey, Anudike-Uzomah, Van Ness (over-rated IMO)
                    CB: Phillips, Ringo, Banks
                    LB: Simpson, Sanders

My cluster: Phillips, Wright, Banks, Addison, Flowers, Simpson, Kincaid, Sanders

My understanding is that the Chargers have met/shown interest in Addison and Flowers. These guys might be at the top of their list (as far as guys they think will be available). But IMO, Clark Phillips is a better player that Addison (see their matchup in 2002). And I ran into an interesting quote when scouting Phillips...
                    "He's a self-starter who desires to be great" -AFC WEST COAST SCOUT-

IMO, he has the best instincts of all of the CB's. He reads/reacts as well as any of the top CB's. He's a film junkie that understands formations, tendencies, and routes. He beats receivers to their spots often (as evidenced by his nation-leading 6 interceptions last year). Of his 9 career interceptions, 4 of them have been pick-sixes. So he has ball skills and playmaker abilities. Game-changer. The pundits will knock him for his stature... or say that he is "slot-only". But we all know that Staley doesn't shy away from CB's just because they don't fit size requirements (see Rams). We all know that Staley values instincts, football IQ, and work ethic... And we all know which lone-starting roll is vacant ATM... slot-corner.

Do we need depth @RB, WR, Edge, TE, LB...? Absolutely! But those positions are as deep (if not deeper) than CB. Quality RB, WR, and TE are regularly found in the mid-rounds. Kellen Moore regularly used Tony Pollard (late 4th round) and Dalton Schultz (late 4th round) in Dallas. Our best WR (Allen) is a 3rd rounder... The Edge class is super deep (see available EDGE above).

If we're going to adhere to BPA draft philosophy... then IMO, Clark Phillips is that guy. Shake off the pundits pre-conceptions about Clark Phillips. Clark Phillips is my Abraham Lucas (circa 2023).
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

More Jordan Addison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRcKV6OIVA&list=PLtgKfr6wMuetIfYCPVCWdN4xsNwDjSdEWMore Clark Phillips III: https://youtube.com/playlist...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

At the time, my mood was that of staunch opposition to the entire draft process: all rounds entirely.
                      No offense intended.

We will be fine without the rooks. Go Chargers!

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

I get that there are good DB's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. But for me, I see a CB/DB as the BPA @#21.
                        I also assume that Bijan, Quentin, and Jaxon are off the board... along with OT's Skoronski, Johnson, and Jones.

Here is my list of prospects probably off the board...

QB: Stroud, Young, Richardson, Levis (need pick)
                        WR: Quentinn, Jaxson, Hyatt (maybe)
                        RB: Bijan
                        OT: Skoronski, Paris, Jones

EDGE: Anderson, Murphy, Wilson
                        IDL: Carter, Bresee (maybe)
                        CB: Porter Jr, Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Branch

That's 20 players... these are players that regularly go top-20 in mocks... or are ranked by pundits

Best Players Possible IMO:

WR: Addison, Flowers, Downs
                        TE: Kincaid, Mayer
                        OT: Wright
                        RB: Gibbs

EDGE: Smith (probably 4-3 OLB), Ojulari, McDonald, Foskey, Anudike-Uzomah, Van Ness (over-rated IMO)
                        CB: Phillips, Ringo, Banks
                        LB: Simpson, Sanders

My cluster: Phillips, Wright, Banks, Addison, Flowers, Simpson, Kincaid, Sanders

My understanding is that the Chargers have met/shown interest in Addison and Flowers. These guys might be at the top of their list (as far as guys they think will be available). But IMO, Clark Phillips is a better player that Addison (see their matchup in 2002). And I ran into an interesting quote when scouting Phillips...
                        "He's a self-starter who desires to be great" -AFC WEST COAST SCOUT-

IMO, he has the best instincts of all of the CB's. He reads/reacts as well as any of the top CB's. He's a film junkie that understands formations, tendencies, and routes. He beats receivers to their spots often (as evidenced by his nation-leading 6 interceptions last year). Of his 9 career interceptions, 4 of them have been pick-sixes. So he has ball skills and playmaker abilities. Game-changer. The pundits will knock him for his stature... or say that he is "slot-only". But we all know that Staley doesn't shy away from CB's just because they don't fit size requirements (see Rams). We all know that Staley values instincts, football IQ, and work ethic... And we all know which lone-starting roll is vacant ATM... slot-corner.

Do we need depth @RB, WR, Edge, TE, LB...? Absolutely! But those positions are as deep (if not deeper) than CB. Quality RB, WR, and TE are regularly found in the mid-rounds. Kellen Moore regularly used Tony Pollard (late 4th round) and Dalton Schultz (late 4th round) in Dallas. Our best WR (Allen) is a 3rd rounder... The Edge class is super deep (see available EDGE above).

If we're going to adhere to BPA draft philosophy... then IMO, Clark Phillips is that guy. Shake off the pundits pre-conceptions about Clark Phillips. Clark Phillips is my Abraham Lucas (circa 2023).
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

More Jordan Addison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRcKV6OIVA&list=PLtgKfr6wMuetIfYCPVCWdN4xsNwDjSdEWMore Clark Phillips III: https://youtube.com/playlist...
                        What if by some strange chance murphy is still on the board? I mean crap we could always move our second rounder up to grab phillips.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

At the time, my mood was that of staunch opposition to the entire draft process: all rounds entirely.
                          No offense intended.

We will be fine without the rooks. Go Chargers!
                          Go ahead and say that about the chiefs last year...LOL! Some of them DO need to show up by the end of the season for additional support. Always need fresh blood in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                          X