• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Everyone take note here: If the Bolts have Derwin in coverage on a go route, he's probably at FS...we may indeed see a lot of Derwin at FS...now, WHO will nail down the OTHER deep safety spot?
    Mark Webb is filling out an application.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

“I thought it would be amazing if we could get someone who was wanting to lock us down for some more value,” Ekeler said, referring to a potential trade partner. “
      Austin is now living in the plural world. Its his last year ... one foot is already out the door. adios muchacho.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        I was hoping to hear of more plays from Derius Davis. I was hoping he could be a killer slot receiver. But it’s been crickets so far.
        I'm not seeing any posts that they are even working him at WR yet. Probably just focused on prepping him for his Job #1 - returning kicks. Don't right him off yet, it could come later in the process. They've got so many receiving weapons, i suspect they feel they don't need him there now and want to focus him on returns first. They may be using the occasional non-starter pass plays to sort through the other WR-TBDs on the current expanded roster, knowing he's a roster lock if he masters his returns.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Everyone take note here: If the Bolts have Derwin in coverage on a go route, he's probably at FS...we may indeed see a lot of Derwin at FS...now, WHO will nail down the OTHER deep safety spot?
          Interesting thought, but I’d hate to put Derwin at FS and take him out of the action. He needs to be in the middle of the D, not a deep,last line of defense guy.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Austin is now living in the plural world. Its his last year ... one foot is already out the door. adios muchacho.
            I think Ekkie would be better off to keep his mouth shut and let his agent negotiate quietly...what if "we" DON'T make a deal? Then Ekkie gets egg on his face...then, I'll have to start calling him "Eggie"...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Interesting thought, but I’d hate to put Derwin at FS and take him out of the action. He needs to be in the middle of the D, not a deep,last line of defense guy.
              The Bolts may be forced to play Derwin more at FS...Nas is gone, and I sure don't want Gilman back there again. Do u want to see Alohi get burned again, like this?:

gilman deep coverage burned.jpg
              And this?:
              gilman burned.jpg

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

At least he didn't say "Let's ride!" at the end.

I am not as certain he will leave now as I was before the added incentives. He is a smart business man and concerned about his brand and off the field ventures LA is a massive market for all of that. I think the Chargers will offer him the same money as other teams will next season and the market may play a role in him staying or leaving? (ie say Green Bay or Minnesota or a place like that may not be as lucrative for him overall. He did talk about non monetary collateral and compensation.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

The Bolts may be forced to play Derwin more at FS...Nas is gone, and I sure don't want Gilman back there again. Do u want to see Alohi get burned again, like this?:

gilman deep coverage burned.jpg
                  And this?:
                  gilman burned.jpg
                  Absolutely, FS is the biggest hole in the roster. I suspect TT will have a decent player there on opening day. Either by someone stepping up, by trade, or by getting a solid guy in final cuts.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

They will move DJ around depending on down and match up. Not much chance DJ plays deep on a majority of downs for the season, he's too good at SS. Right now FS is Gilman's job to lose. Woods has more speed and ball skills, so he has a definite shot.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Absolutely, FS is the biggest hole in the roster. I suspect TT will have a decent player there on opening day. Either by someone stepping up, by trade, or by getting a solid guy in final cuts.
                      Where's the CB?

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I was hoping to hear of more plays from Derius Davis. I was hoping he could be a killer slot receiver. But it’s been crickets so far.
                        Yeah but you know who got mentioned again snagging Herbert’s deep throws? Wilson.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yeah but you know who got mentioned again snagging Herbert’s deep throws? Wilson.
                          Pokey! I'm sticking to my observation. Guyton's seat is heating up.

Comment

Working...
                          X