Touchy Subject....How is Derwin James "Elite"?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
      But if Derwin is healthy and plays, given he is not having a good season, simplify things and give him ONE task on Sunday. Stay with Kelce no matter what, where he goes what he does..worry only about Kelce. Shadow him.

There are no other pass catcher on this offense that scare anyone. Let the other defenders lock them down. You keep Kelce under control, get pressure on Mahomes with Bosa, Mack, Tuli this average offense this year wont do much
      exactly this right here. staley thinks he's so smart that he outsmarts his own players and makes it ez on the opposing O.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        wutevs...if he feels bad then correct his play and stop givin the other teams free 15 yards. I'm sure zebras are looking for that now that he's had so many.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Popper has bought into the hype about Derwin.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Pretty sure no one feels worse than the player on the receiving end of his reckless penalties.

C'mon, Popper, this has "head case" written all over it. He needs to be benched. Any coach worth his salt would have done that already, but the Chargers don't have one of those.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Pretty sure no one feels worse than the player on the receiving end of his reckless penalties.

C'mon, Popper, this has "head case" written all over it. He needs to be benched. Any coach worth his salt would have done that already, but the Chargers don't have one of those.
              No coach in the league would bench James for the penalties. None.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2023
                • Send PM

One reason James was drafted by Telesco is that he was an 'alpha' dog - highly respected - in the locker room at Florida State.

He was drafted in part for his character.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
                  One reason James was drafted by Telesco is that he was an 'alpha' dog - highly respected - in the locker room at Florida State.

He was drafted in part for his character.
                  My guess he is being used wrong by Staley. Wants him to be a Swiss Army Knife

how about just having him focus on doing one thing and doing that job well.

Comment

• AZBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

[QUOTE=richpjr;n1457740]There is a reason why the NFLPA voted him as the best SS in football.
                    H
                    I would like to think this. But it would be nice if we wouldn’t get so many bonehead roughing penalties, they are serious Drive extenders.

Comment

• AZBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

I do think they need to bring him up towards the line of scrimmage more often and blitz includes him more when passing situations

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2022
                        • Send PM

So far he has not been elite, and he is such a hard hitter(which I like) but am afraid these days all that gets you are personal fouls.

I think with the right coach he could be elite, but not with Staley. The Steelers or Ravens would make him elite. Others also...just not Staley.

I guess you could say he has all the "tools"...kinda like Mike Williams I suppose.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
                          Registered Dude
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Westminster, MA
                          • Send PM

My sons love Derwin. Think he's the best safety in the league.

I just don't see it. Now, I'm not sitting here breaking down game film, so maybe he's doing all the little things well.

But as far as big game-changing plays go — yeah, I'm just not seeing it. He's not Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu. Not even close.

Comment

Working...
                          X